• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
Might be goin' out like Storm Chamber, mane.

It was worth it, though.

That's not the message of Blacker The Berry. It's similar to how you're going to have people asking "where is all this outrage when a nigga is killed around the corner by some dope boys?" any time a police shooting makes the news. It's pointing out the hypocrisy of the people who weep for Trayvon but accept or even glorify gangs and the hood shit they do.

Kendrick goes at the establishment and gang violence in this song. He's not invalidating the one by using the other.

Word. I can vibe with that...

Malyse

is that real actual bacon grease?
Nope. It's lube that tastes/smells like bacon.
This has gone too far...
post-29740-Ill-Cut-You-gif-knife-switchbl-K9lq.gif

Didn't say it was solely a white people thing, but there appears to be a huge gap between massive appreciation of the fried swine. I'm a greedy ass motherfucker and watch a lot of food related programs and I've only seen bacon themed restaurants where everything on the menu from sandwiches to milkshakes contained bacon were owned by white males and also represented in other media and in some instances in person I have encountered the bacon jokes. Where did this term bring home the bacon come from?

As for the beard side, there's also a huge gap with that as well. Now, I'm wholly excluding ties to religion like in Islam. On this site and other websites, and in person I've seen overwhelming pics and praise of white men with the beards and then you have the mustache and beard clubs all over the US. When I first heard about these about a year ago from a classmate who runs one in my region, my curiosity lead me to discovering dozens of clubs around the country dedicated to facial hair with beard contests. They have women competitions as well and they make their own beards from scratch, I've seen yarn, bees, dog hair, human hair, and even a bacon one. All these contests and clubs were overwhelmingly white.

I'm guessing the main reason it's throwing you off here is the internet is desensitized as fuck. They take a good thing and thing the shit out of it until everyone's tired about hearing of it. I'm sure people before the internet were like "man, bacon's pretty good" and then dropped it. Once the internet took a crack at it? Bacon throw pillows, bacon weaves, .gifs of lolcats throwing bacon at Morgan Freeman, however you want to quantify it. Everyone likes bacon, dude. It's just some dumbass white folk with nothing better to do than go "HEY I LIKE THING WHO ELSE LIKES THING" about a commodity as mundane as bacon.

Also, my sister made candied bacon cookies this past Christmas. Shit was addicting.

Slayven

my roommate is drinking some semen colored powerade...da fuck

aren't bacon scrap even lower and cheaper than hammocks? man we really made meals out of pig scraps. I'm weeping.

so you're telling me I have worms?

We ain't talk abotu chittlins or hogmaws yet, son, this shit has levels.

harSon

Banned
Jesus, Kevin Hart truly has a stranglehold on the industry. He was announced as the host of Justin Bieber's Comedy Central Roast (why is this a thing in the first place). Dude's in fucking everything.

Jesus, Kevin Hart truly has a stranglehold on the industry. He was announced as the host of Justin Bieber's Comedy Central Roast (why is this a thing in the first place). Dude's in fucking everything.

Waaaaait a minute. That Justin Bieber roast is still on? I figured Justin would have realized that everybody was going to come for him hard at this event.

DominoKid

he's funny and reliable. the latter is more important considering the recent track record of big time black comedians.

he's gonna be eating for a while so get used to it.

he's funny and reliable. the latter is more important considering the recent track record of big time black comedians.

he's gonna be eating for a while so get used to it.

i'm waiting on the return of eddie murphy right now. you're right on the reliable point though, he's always profitable and hasn't had any behind the scenes mishaps at all apparently.

Raychiel's whole body was pretty much photoshopped to all hell. She's not eem bad looking just has very low self esteem. Oh well.

New kendrick is well.

this new album gonna be too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom