• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

ozcimGQ.png

Shy

Maybe I am just crazy, but I am starting to see it this way. Minorities are use to the struggle, and I think everyone else will now get to experience it.
They won't see it that way.
Morning, y'all.
Morning.
I'd talk to Shy, Young Magus, TheBlackMarvel, Duck, DY, etc... about "greener grass" across the oceans before gun talk, especially with the police still being crazy right now and probably getting crazier in the next 4 years, but I understand the feelings in here.
You don't want to come here, that's for damn sure.

We've had a head start on validating and emboldening bigots since Brexit.

I'd leave if i could.
Less Metal Gear and more Sleeping Dogs. I can do it
Don't forget to take lots of pork buns with you.
Thank you God, Buddha, Vishnu, Zordon for this heavy games month. Dishonored 2 is a godsend for me today.
How is it.

I loved the first one. Except for a bit at the end.

My only concern is, i bought Mankind Devided when it came out, and stopped playing it a few hours because (even though i loved Human Revolution) it was just more of same. And it wasn't enough for me.

Is Dishonoured 2 like that. ?
I heard there are some new IPAs
Fucking lol.

Johndoey

Banned
I wonder about MJW, dude seems cool and he is talented. But he is stuck making shit you would see opening at Blockbuster or Hollywood video.

Probably because you imagined the
Hulk and She Hulk
sex scenes
That's what adultfiction.net is for, makes dreams come true.

In all seriousness I was hoping in would be more introspective then it was.

This guy was alright though.
4gDGz7k.jpg

I actually still need to play Uncharted 4. I bought it at release and Ive never taken the disc out of the case.

It's like every other Uncharted game, really well made and three hours too long.

Johndoey

Banned
I'm waiting for Naughty Dog to make a game about space trucking, I feel like that's where everything is leading.

No villains, no combat, just trucking.

junpei

That's certainly a combined set of interests.

Though I ask why furries because from my understanding, trump doesn't really help them much. A lot of furry folk are lgbtq.

there are a lot of people that subscribes to the notion of f*** you got mine. At the end of the day lgbtq people are People and there are going to be certain ones within the community are despicable. Most LGBT people realize that supporting for someone like Donald Trump it's not in their best interest and voted against him. But every once in a while you get that one black or gay person who has lost touch with reality and has decided to vote in a manner that isn't in their interest. Take for instance Caitlyn Jenner. She thought it was a good idea to support Donald Trump despite the fact that his running mate openly believes in gay conversion therapy. And now we have an outbreak of trans suicides thanks in part to the election of Donald Trump. It can only be summed up as f*** you got mine.

while I have yet to notice any correlation between furry avatars and the alt-right I won't be shocked if I do see it. I remember seeing Nazi My Little Ponies fan art before they had the modern redesign. I've seen Bronies spout off MRA talking points before. I hope that I am wrong and that these guys are just tiny outliers.

AJLma

"Niggas play with Playstations, they buildin space stations"

Get ready for an increase in police released videos of black people acting up, and more poorly timed BLM protests to make black people look as bad as possible.

Do Better

I still can't get over the fact that we're going to have Trump as President. Like it's going to take me until next election to process this shit.

He won with less votes than Romney lost with because Americans are too damn lazy or fuckin' stupid to care. Like it's just baffling to me that "you have to get people energized" to keep a guy that unqualified and unethical out of the Whitehouse. He and his party want to disregard the constitution and the rights of millions, and 46% of the country didn't care enough to show that they agree or disagree with it. But I bet they would love to tell me and you what the fuck to do now. -_-

He won with less votes than Romney lost with because Americans are too damn lazy or fuckin' stupid to care. Like it's just baffling to me that "you have to get people energized" to keep a guy that unqualified and unethical out of the Whitehouse. He and his party want to disregard the constitution and the rights of millions, and 46% of the country didn't care enough to show that they agree or disagree with it. But I bet they would love to tell me and you what the fuck to do now. -_-

Apathy towards evil and bigotry

Zekes!

For me, it's all about GameCube games this Christmas. I'm already looking at Battalion Wars, FZero GX and Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Also a memory card and maybe another controller.

As for what I have right now, it's:

Def Jam Fight for NY
Custom Robo
REmake
Resident Evil 4
Ultimate Spider-Man
Kirby Air Ride
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Spyro: A hero's Tail
Pikmin
Mario Kart Double Dash
Pacman World 2

If you like Custom Robo you should check out Gotcha Force. I'm not sure how much it goes for but I got it sealed on eBay for $5 a few years ago

Johndoey

Banned
It's mind blowing that of any election to disregard some people chose this one. Trump us legitimately a threat to the principles of this country.
--
Why did I buy Fallout 4 again?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Retail pharmacy. 😇

One of my friends from college is a pharmacist and has worked on the retail side for over 10 years and is a manager now...she's starting to look around for other options. But she never did any residency work for in-patient stuff, which cuts out a lot of options.

Kreed

It's mind blowing that of any election to disregard some people chose this one. Trump us legitimately a threat to the principles of this country.

These "They are both evil/both parties are the same/he's not really racist/the Illuminati controls who's president" aka the "So woke they need to get some sleep" voters never see the big picture. If the candidate isn't doing exactly what they want in a president, they won't vote, even if it means the collapse of the whole country, whether it was at the hands of Bush in 04, and eventually Trump.

Bubba T

there are a lot of people that subscribes to the notion of f*** you got mine. At the end of the day lgbtq people are People and there are going to be certain ones within the community are despicable. Most LGBT people realize that supporting for someone like Donald Trump it's not in their best interest and voted against him. But every once in a while you get that one black or gay person who has lost touch with reality and has decided to vote in a manner that isn't in their interest. Take for instance Caitlyn Jenner. She thought it was a good idea to support Donald Trump despite the fact that his running mate openly believes in gay conversion therapy. And now we have an outbreak of trans suicides thanks in part to the election of Donald Trump. It can only be summed up as f*** you got mine.

while I have yet to notice any correlation between furry avatars and the alt-right I won't be shocked if I do see it. I remember seeing Nazi My Little Ponies fan art before they had the modern redesign. I've seen Bronies spout off MRA talking points before. I hope that I am wrong and that these guys are just tiny outliers.

Caitlyn Jenner is no example for the LGBT community, never really was.

Searched gotcha force on eBay...and almost did the Fred Sanford routine to the T. Goddamn at those prices. I could get more games for those prices.

Ya'll don't believe do you? Look 'em up on eBay. Your eyes will fly outta your skull.

Counting on a Uncharted 4 deal since I recently finished the entire collection. Why does the third game get so much hate? I thought it was fun outside the final QTE boss fight.

Zeke

Saw lot of minorities need to start conceal/open carry in ot threads. You guys think this is the best choice we minorities can make with how trigger happy pd's have been? I usually carry a knife on me, I don't think I want to carry a handgun too much liability.

cdyhybrid

Saw lot of minorities need to start conceal/open carry in ot threads. You guys think this is the best choice we minorities can make with how trigger happy pd's have been? I usually carry a knife on me, I don't think I want to carry a handgun too much liability.
Depends on how you view the world, I suppose. Being unarmed hasn't stopped black men from getting murdered, why would legally owning a gun be any different?

Plus it's not just the cops.

Zekes!

Searched gotcha force on eBay...and almost did the Fred Sanford routine to the T. Goddamn at those prices. I could get more games for those prices.

Ya'll don't believe do you? Look 'em up on eBay. Your eyes will fly outta your skull.

Holy shit!!! Lmao

There must of been some increase interest in the game 'cause it was dirt cheap years ago. I'll have to look up and see if I still have the receipt for my purchase but it was definitely $5-$15 bucks and it was sealed

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Niggas play with Playstations, they buildin space stations"

Get ready for an increase in police released videos of black people acting up, and more poorly timed BLM protests to make black people look as bad as possible.

Trust me, BLM will get designated as a terrorist organization and cops will get more militarized than ever.

Holy shit!!! Lmao

There must of been some increase interest in the game 'cause it was dirt cheap years ago. I'll have to look up and see if I still have the receipt for my purchase but it was definitely $5-$15 bucks and it was sealed

A few years is a long time. But damn it's sad either way. Maybe when I'm filthy rich I'll buy it. But now it's off the list of potential purchases.

Counting on a Uncharted 4 deal since I recently finished the entire collection. Why does the third game get so much hate? I thought it was fun outside the final QTE boss fight.

Buggy as shit at launch, rehashed set pieces from the 2nd game & the aiming was fucked up at launch too, it was actually more accurate/easier to just use hip fire.

Zeke

Depends on how you view the world, I suppose. Being unarmed hasn't stopped black men from getting murdered, why would legally owning a gun be any different?

Plus it's not just the cops.
True enough, I can't believe how messed up things are going to get for POC.

I pretty much broke down in my African American history class.

It's rough.
I had a minority studies class this morning and a few people were choking tears back. You could just hear it in their voices. We all gotta stay strong and take care of each other. Much love from your Mexican American brothers and sisters.

Onemic

These "They are both evil/both parties are the same/he's not really racist/the Illuminati controls who's president" aka the "So woke they need to get some sleep" voters never see the big picture. If the candidate isn't doing exactly what they want in a president, they won't vote, even if it means the collapse of the whole country, whether it was at the hands of Bush in 04, and eventually Trump.

Yup.

Exactly why Kaepernick is a total joke to me now.

Man I broke down yesterday at work. With bills, helping my mom with them, stress and then this happened. I let the tears flow and flow hard. I had to step outside and calm myself down. Shits rough and only gonna get rougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom