• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
George finally comes clean - George W. Bush explains his fondness for Michelle Obama

The unlikely pair have often been photographed together during formal events. When Obama embraced Bush at the opening ceremony for the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture last September, the photo of their warm interaction went viral.

"When I saw her, it was a genuine expression of affection," Bush told People magazine as he reflected on the moment. The interview was posted on Wednesday.

"I can't remember where else I've sat next to her, but I probably have a few wisecracks and she seemed to like it OK," Bush said. "I needle her a little bit and around her, I'm fairly lighthearted. (The Obamas) are around serious people all the time and we just took to each other."

I just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Where you're from - Nova Scotia
Where you live - Nova Scotia
What is your age? - 23
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm white
Do you know your roots - Not really. My last name implies that one of my ancestors was a roofer.
Favorite musical genre - Does video game music count? If not then I guess classical.
Your profession/major/career interest - Nothing right now
Your religious affiliation - Atheist
Hobbies - Hiking, dancing, and camping
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC is the only one of those around here so that wins by default
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - X-23
Anime or Nah? - Nah
Favorite sport and team? - I like playing Soccer. I don't follow pro spots.
What's your favorite Disney movie? -The Lion King
What's your favorite video game and genre? - My favorite game is Majora's Mask and my favorite genre is platformers (both 2D and 3D).

Apparently so. I really don't get why people feel the need to put down one in order to prop up the other.

Greetings and welcome to BCT!

Man I'm so excited for Zelda oh my gosh I'm so excited. And I get playstation plus tomorrow so I'm definitely in for some Street Fighter V and Overwatch.

Numb

lol my Wii U pro controller DID have charge from last march
full

Numb

Since the new hero dropped in Overwatch already we should form up a comp team. I know Darryl is probably in, anybody else down?

Ain't touched mine in two years.

Gonna see if it works

Not the little black girl
Will get on then..maybe. It's been a while

Pro controller too godlike

Numb

Going digital only with Ninty is crazy anyway
Shit
I can just borrow all the future Switch games from the library and register them

Malyse

Nintendo slamming down one of the objectively best games in a decade in their launch lineup was a genius stroke. No wonder they delayed the shit outta it.

Plus, they can blast past all that previous criticism with a "but Zelda doe"

andthebeatgoeson

Going digital only with Ninty is crazy anyway
Shit
I can just borrow all the future Switch games from the library and register them
Call me crazy but i want that convenience. Like, with these indies, I'll have 20 games to boot up, no carts, no switch. Yeah, i know about the downsides but I'm too old. Already lost my kid icarus cart and some other shit. Never played it. Heard it was good.

Nintendo needs to open up a 3ds emulator. And a ds emulator.

Numb

Call me crazy but i want that convenience. Like, with these indies, I'll have 20 games to boot up, no carts, no switch. Yeah, i know about the downsides but I'm too old. Already lost my kid icarus cart and some other shit. Never played it. Heard it was good.

Nintendo needs to open up a 3ds emulator. And a ds emulator.

Indies are expected
Things like Xenoblade and SMT fire emblem i'd rather have the disc
And people tend to not sell Nintendo games more often

Was pissed when i lost my SFIV 3DS catridge tho
Cost 1 dollar but can no longer find it here -_-

Are we going to have a series of videos of people seeing how long they can keep a Switch cartridge in their mouth now? Fuckin' internet.

People are fucking dumb

I drove by post in that thread asking why in the fuck would someone put a damn video game in their mouth. Weird as fuck. Grown ass man acting like he 2.

Looks like Overwatch got a black girl building robots. Wish I could play it.

Im glad it's not cold out. Gonna feel bad when I tell these kids they need to wait outside.
I just left from outside. It's cold.

I want BotW, but I can't justify a $60 purchase right now. Might have to contact one of my friends at Nintendo for the (very slight) hookup.
I just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Where you're from - Nova Scotia
Where you live - Nova Scotia
What is your age? - 23
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm white
Do you know your roots - Not really. My last name implies that one of my ancestors was a roofer.
Favorite musical genre - Does video game music count? If not then I guess classical.
Your profession/major/career interest - Nothing right now
Your religious affiliation - Atheist
Hobbies - Hiking, dancing, and camping
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC is the only one of those around here so that wins by default
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - X-23
Anime or Nah? - Nah
Favorite sport and team? - I like playing Soccer. I don't follow pro spots.
What's your favorite Disney movie? -The Lion King
What's your favorite video game and genre? - My favorite game is Majora's Mask and my favorite genre is platformers (both 2D and 3D).

Apparently so. I really don't get why people feel the need to put down one in order to prop up the other.

oh shit what up kinsei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom