• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
You never had a decent musical opinion either, but whose counting right?

why do you always do this?
Because I seriously believe it. I don't insult artists I haven't listened to. I tried. A lot.

And I haven't had a decent musical opinion? Come on now, it's not like I'm Viktor here.

Shy

Welp...I think I just caught a trojan virus. I tried to download something, and then chrome started acting very buggy. When I boot it up there are now pops attacking me. Anyime I click on the page i get a duplicate window that redircts to a popup on my cpu. I shut it down because now I'm paranoid as fuck that someone is trying to steal my info. Anyone know what program I can use to remedy this?

Welp...I think I just caught a trojan virus. I tried to download something, and then chrome started acting very buggy. When I boot it up there are now pops attacking me. Anyime I click on the page i get a duplicate window that redircts to a popup on my cpu. I shut it down because now I'm paranoid as fuck that someone is trying to steal my info. Anyone know what program I can use to remedy this?

Malwarebytes

adwcleaner

I bet I can get you excited for the Matrix reboot.
It stard Michael B Jordan

But is he Neo or Morpheus? And will Trinity be black? I need more details before I trust the Matrix again.

So we're at the point that Nintendo is great for rewarding fans for collection 900 in game items with a piece of shit, because "the player shouldn't have been collecting more than they needed to."

zeemumu

So we're at the point that Nintendo is great for rewarding fans for collection 900 in game items with a piece of shit, because "the player shouldn't have been collecting more than they needed to."

You say that as though people haven't been imposing insane challenges on themselves for no reward whatsoever for decades. You don't get squat for completing Kingdom Hearts on Critical Mode on level 1 using nothing but the Kingdom Key.

I do think it's hilarious that you get a golden turd, though. Nintendo has a thing for discouraging playing for hours on end because it's bad for you. Your Xbox never tells you to put down the controller and take a break.

LotusHD

Banned

I dunno about great, but I mean, would it not be worse if there was something legitimately great and/or useful tucked away behind 900 freaking seeds lol

It just makes a lot more sense to me to go with that instead.

The 900 is presumably there so that regardless of how your journey progresses, you would likely come across a good amount of seeds in your travels to upgrade your slots by a satisfactory amount. I do feel sorry for the completionists though I guess...

You say that as though people haven't been imposing insane challenges on themselves for no reward whatsoever for decades. You don't get squat for completing Kingdom Hearts on Critical Mode on level 1 using nothing but the Kingdom Key.

I do think it's hilarious that you get a golden turd, though. Nintendo has a thing for discouraging playing for hours on end because it's bad for you. Your Xbox never tells you to put down the controller and take a break.

I mean I got all 120 stars in Mario 64 and I thought it was shit that they gave you more lives to do fucking nothing.

I guess I just don't understand somethings people trip over themselves to defend. Even if its not encouraged, why jump up and blame the player for it?

I dunno about great, but I mean, would it not be worse if there was something legitimately great and/or useful tucked away behind 900 freaking seeds lol

It just makes a lot more sense to me to go with that instead.

The 900 is presumably there so that regardless of how your journey progresses, you would likely come across a good amount of seeds in your travels to upgrade your slots by a satisfactory amount. I do feel sorry for the completionists though I guess...

Oh I know and I think thats great. I just got taken back that people were commenting that the player was the one at fault here.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh I know and I think thats great. I just got taken back that people were commenting that the player was the one at fault here.

I don't think it needs much defending, but yea I don't blame someone for thinking that they'd get something less shitty for collecting all 900 seeds. And then on top of that, some people just like completing and finding everything. It will be my cup of tea, but it's certainly nothing to give people grief over.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah, I'm gonna walk back some of what I've thought in the past. Woolie made good points about the black experience and being placed in a box because he's Canadian that I never thought about.
He and Satch just shot the shit well. Matt went hard in the paint though with that "What color is your girlfriend again?"

Really good pod.

The thing that's blowing my mind about the Trump tax return thread is the number of liberals that still give a fuck about what conservatives think about them.

I've collected all 801 Pokemon and all 250 Rise lines in Persona 4 Golden for the Platinum. That's probably as far as I'll go with collectables. I don't think I can ever collect 900 seeds on an open world map. Nope, wayyy too much.

LotusHD

Banned
I've collected all 801 Pokemon and all 250 Rise lines in Persona 4 Golden for the Platinum. That's probably as far as I'll go with collectables. I don't think I can ever collect 900 seeds on an open world map. Nope, wayyy too much.

The collector within me died when my friend's neighbor stole my Fire Red game, which sucked, because I was really close to completing that Pokedex. Now I just don't bother with any of that shit, including the whole Platinum thing for trophies.

The collector within me died when my friend's neighbor stole my Fire Red game, which sucked, because I was really close to completing that Pokedex. Now I just don't bother with any of that shit, including the whole Platinum thing for trophies.
Besides Persona 4, all my platinums come from Visual novels so I'm kinda right there with you lol
I plan on platinuming Persona 5 since the trophies are almost the same as 4's.

Slayven

With old doc and black woman comedian
Not expecting any romance

I always found it weird for the Doctor to romance any of his companions. First of all 9/10 times he kinda of kidnaps them, then upset their lives, and plus he is crazy alien.

River Song is all the doctor needs, and deserves.

andthebeatgoeson

And you will do them?
Good luck
Got no time for dat
I 100% gta3 a few times. Here's the thing, it takes
half of that to unlock your inventory
. And the world is so huge, you can get lost just doing randoms. And it's already online with a map. I'm not searching, just gamefaqing.

I have the 100% bug in me but I'm sure life will interrupt. I still have wind waker close to being finished halfway thru the triforce hunt. A cart of phantom hour glass with it 70% finished. Life has found a way. But this game may keep my interest to 100% it.

andthebeatgoeson

Gonna need more than that. That franchise is on a two-movie losing streak. And I say that as someone who still enjoyed the last two.
Basically. Well, the last one was garbage but the beauty of the first movie was it being complete. End the series after he flies away and you just dream of what's possible.

Slayven

Man....if they reboot the Matrix i hope the Wachowskis are not allowed without a thousand miles of it. And if they are, they better not be allowed to write more then a very rough draft.

They have some interesting ideas but they never apply any depth to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom