• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I work there is a black history tribute lunch. The menu consists of beer braised BBQ ribs, Fried Chicken, Collard Greens and E-40's wine as a drink. For some reason I'm offended about this.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't even be mad. When it comes to "black" food most people only really know about soul/comfort food, which are perfectly valid dishes IMO. They don't know about African and Carribean dishes. At most they've heard of jerk chicken and maybe had injera (since Ethiopian places seem to be the only ones around)

But speaking of food, my Tanzanian friend had a bday where she cooked and that fried plantain plate was finished soo fast. I asked her about their desserts and we got into a discussion about the odd double names of some Nigerian food. I need to ask my parents, but there's puff puff, moi moi, chin chin, fufu...And I never really thought why

Slayven

There is a kpop group with a black girl in it, she is suppose to be the co leader. But she only comes one stage to do the song hooks or one verse.

Slayven

Sound similar to the pentatonix situation, except the black dude is just the beatbox for the song.

I like Pentatonix better as a cover band

BP-Rania-Featured-Image-900x440.jpg

tumblr_nxeppiz2d91qaa0sjo4_250.gif

I want to say she lightened her skin, but she is naturally light skinned. But in the new video she looks white

Imm0rt4l

I like Pentatonix better as a cover band

BP-Rania-Featured-Image-900x440.jpg

tumblr_nxeppiz2d91qaa0sjo4_250.gif

I want to say she lightened her skin, but she is naturally light skinned. But in the new video she looks white

Anti-blackness, takes one so many forms. Even with people you like and engage in cultural exhange.

I'm reminded of the k-pop chick who flaked on doing a performance with wiz khalifa.

Slayven

Anti-blackness, takes one so many forms. Even with people you like and engage in cultural exhange.

I'm reminded of the k-pop chick who flaked on doing a performance with wiz khalifa.

I had to look that up, she backed out because Wiz was too tall...lol

I wanna go just to see some of the fuckery to be honest.

I've hard deep fried Oreos but man a deep friend candy bar?!

Yo don't hate the deep fried candy bar, shit is up there with the deep fried twinkie in godly snack foods.

If none of you have had deep fried Mac n Cheese, you're missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom