• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Was just thinking the other day how people want a new Wolfenstein, but most never bothered with The Old Blood.
LOL. I've never got round to playing The Old Blood, either. LOL.
So Nazis getting along with the KKK, i see you Bethesda
It's going to be glorious.
The industry is doing better little by little. The new Dishonored with a black woman, but we still got a long ways to go.
Yep yep.

It's good to see, even if it's taking longer than it should be.
I hope Sony does that thing from last year again where they talked for the first minute and everything else was trailers and gameplay for the rest of the conference
Last year Sony's conference was class.
GLusGwu.gif

Night, BCT. Be safe. Have good work weeks.
Night night.

Have a great week.

BigDes

I mean they have been saying that we won't see Elder Scrolls 6 for a good few years for a while now.

I was expecting Starfield though.

Faustek

hmm, yeah Last Night was something. Now it's nothing.
Pretty sure Microsoft is burning that contract.

Enjoyed how much color it was overall.

andthebeatgoeson

Hey guys...I have a question....

A friend of mine works for a big financial company on Bay St in Toronto (Wall st equivalent) She was invited out for drinks by one of her work girlfriends. When she was there the Son-in-law of the big Managers at her firm got drunk and called her a Nigger to her face, started acting aggressively and went on a tirade.

She got it all on Film and showed her direct manager....Now her direct manager and the racist's Mother are trying to convince her not to report it to HR and that he's not really a racist, he's just going through some things.

She feels alone, frightened and is scared that if she goes through with bringing it to HR she would get him fired but is afraid the Managers' influence might kill her career dead.

What should she do? Im furious right now and I am heated. If it was me I would escalate this shit to HR and the media if need be. But I can understand her hesitation.
Take it to HR. Including them trying to persuade her not to go to HR.

But the biggest thing is listening and being supportive of her. That's a lot of discussions. She'll bring it up a few times. This is the part of the story where you find out that black women are shitted on the worst. Just trying to get ahead and some dude, who ain't shit, goes off on a tirade. On camera. He feels entitled.

She may lose her job. She may have to sue. Suing probably affects her career. She justs wants opportunity. All that shit goes thru her head, including just sucking it up. I don't have the answer. Just being hired and in a more inclusive environment, i don't have the right perspective.

So you should suggest she find a mentor, at another business. A minority woman independent of get job. Because only this mentor could know exactly what she's feeling and help guide her.

Then for added touch, i apologise for not knowing what she's going thru. That'll really help with the empathy. Even if you're​ close, it's hard to fully understand. So listen for awhile.

(I could be Canadian, all the apologies i give out but fuck your bags of milk and false advertising on Canadian bacon. Just say you don't have any.

'Sure, we have bacon. *Furious searching* Here have some Canadian bacon.'

It's a dick move to give me ham.)

Morning yall. Today is the 9 year anniversary of MGS4. The last MGS game worth giving a shit about.

Also thank you all for the advice last night. My friend just needed someone to vent to not someone to hype her up and potentially make the situation worst. She has decided to escalate the situation to HR and is looking at lawyers as well.

Johndoey

Banned
Looks like BJ is paralyzed at least for some portion of Wolfenstein 2, and that looks like he had the exo-suit from New Order on. Then again BJ was in a coma for twenty years and managed to get moving at full speed again within five minutes so eh.

Beefy

Looks like BJ is paralyzed at least for some portion of Wolfenstein 2, and that looks like he had the exo-suit from New Order on. Then again BJ in a coma for twenty years and managed to get moving at full speed again within five minutes so eh.

BJ is dope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom