• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fam, the Chester shit has got me down

I noticed something you mentioned earlier. While easier said than done, don't ever feel like you can't get stuff off your chest or that people aren't willing to listen.

It's sad what happened but embrace the great music that was left to the world.

Beefy

You'll be aight.

It isn't just his music was a big part of my childhood. it's also how close his life mirrors mine, I was abused as a kid like him. Sometimes the shit gets on top of me and i have a couple times gone down a dark path., I have lost friends and people I know due to sucide as well. I am dealing with it atm, but depression from abuse is different then depression.

I noticed something you mentioned earlier. While easier said than done, don't ever feel like you can't get stuff off your chest or that people aren't willing to listen.

It's sad what happened but embrace the great music that was left to the world.

Thanks man, means a lot

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think the past 10 years have proven that Will Smith just can't pass as a dramatic actor at all. Makes sense that he's doing stuff like Bright and Suicide Squad, dude's still got the charisma of an action star.

I think the past 10 years have proven that Will Smith just can't pass as a dramatic actor at all. Makes sense that he's doing stuff like Bright and Suicide Squad, dude's still got the charisma of an action star.

Yeah he was the only actually objectively "good" part of Suicide Squad, and he's still got the ability to throw out a quip and smile and convince me to like him.

There's no shame in just not having the chops in one aspect if you're great at another one.

Numb

I don't need him doing serious stuff just action and comedy is enough
The Pursuit of Happiness rare exception

It isn't just his music was a big part of my childhood. it's also how close his life mirrors mine, I was abused as a kid like him. Sometimes the shit gets on top of me and i have a couple times gone down a dark path., I have lost friends and people I know due to sucide as well. I am dealing with it atm, but depression from abuse is different then depression.

Thanks man, means a lot

Understandable, I'm sure we've all had this issue, I'm not saying yours is less important. Our opinions are just different when it comes to celebrities, which is also fine. Hopefully you can find the help and strength you need to keep pushing through.

D i Z

I don't see this at all. His dramatic work is good, it's just not groundbreaking. When he needs someone to walk with his characters, he does it exceptionally well. He just isn't anyone that people want to give that inch for. I think people aren't fans of his dramatic selections and kind of look at it all like he's going for the goal and kneecap him before he gets there.

Faustek

Thanks man, means a lot

I can only offer my sympathies brother.

RedSwirl

Splatoon 2 time ya'll

Lame, I can't view with subscribing

Huh. Subscription prompt doesn't show up for me.

...a 313-acre farm once owned by Dan Call, where Call's slave, Green, taught Daniel, a neighbor, how to make whiskey. The site was also home to the original Jack Daniel's distillery. A two-room cabin where Green lived during the Civil War and a Greek revival home where Call and Daniel once lived are being rebuilt.

Call eventually handed his still over to Daniel, and Weaver uncovered documents showing that the Daniel and Green families worked together for decades, according to a media release.

”It was on the Call farm that young Jack became one of the world's most famous pupils and Uncle Nearest, the greatest teacher in the fine art of distilling Tennessee whiskey," Weaver said.

akira28

"ask a black guy" is alive and very well, lol. even on this board now and then.

without the black guy, "Confederate" would look suspect as hell. Now...they have black writers. "Everything is ok."

Slayven

without the black guy, "Confederate" would look suspect as hell. Now...they have black writers. "Everything is ok."

A black writer who's major credit is Empire and the Sopranos' video game

I see it as the writers willing to stick their necks out for the concept. They know they'll get cooked from both sides if they fuck it up.

The idea could turn out ok if they don't flinch but who knows.

Slayven

I see it as the writers willing to stick their necks out for the concept. They know they'll get cooked from both sides if they fuck it up.

The idea could turn out ok if they don't flinch but who knows.

There are few people i would give blind trust on the subject. Ava, and Shonda.

Anyone else gets a "yeah this would be some fuckery" until they prove me wrong

What the FUCK

Earlier today I saw this old black dude walk a woman in this apartment that had "fuck you" written on the door. Then he walks away a different direction. I go to work and on the way home I see that same apartment now with the door opened and everything gone from inside, the lights all on and a window partially broken. I thought old dude was pimping but now I dunno what the hell that sequence of things are

They are starting at a 7 on the 1 to 11 racism scale even with the two black writers because they won't get last say on it most likely.

akira28

be nice if it was thoughtful and subversive and actually contributed to art and conversation.

but more likely any thought and contributions will be subverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom