• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Really? That reminds me. I found an article about White Feminist TV and does Kimmy Scmidt really have blackface and yellowface in it?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s_572ca91ee4b016f378957444?platform=hootsuite

I don't remember blackface, but yea there was this whole thing where the black character dressed up as a geisha. And then of course there's the eternally uncomfortable Native American subplot, where this white lady in the show is revealed to be Native Amercian, and they just play it completely straight.

I saw her fool

This.

Dereck

No thirst
Just noticing
OnGTCza.png

LionPride

Banned
You know

It's cool and all that people say I look and act like Donald Glover since folks think he hot and shit

but uh

If I could look like Chadwick I wouldn't mind that at all

Started watching Power because my friends all talk about it. I'm legit upset it took 7 episodes into season 1 to actually move/start the plot then the season ended at episode 10 lol.

He do got that squirrel cheek thing going

It always cracks me up when I see him

Anyone every been to a cookout restaurant? Not a cookout style, but the actual name

You mean?

twitter.png

If so, yes. They're cheap and damn good.

Cookout is amazing, you can't beat their price for what you get.

fully loaded burger
large fries
large drink (to include like 60+ milkshake flavors)
2 chicken quesadillas

for $5.

Kreed

You know

It's cool and all that people say I look and act like Donald Glover since folks think he hot and shit

but uh

If I could look like Chadwick I wouldn't mind that at all

Don't worry, soon as Black Panther comes out and he's on the cover of magazines your "all y'all look alike" non Black classmates will make the comparison for you, along with every other major Black male celebrity on television/in a movie between now and your first job out of college.

LionPride

Banned
Don't worry, soon as Black Panther comes out and he's on the cover of magazines your "all y'all look alike" non Black classmates will make the comparison for you, along with every other major Black male celebrity on television/in a movie between now and your first job out of college.
I've had random niggas, black white or other, tell me my ass looks like him

Used to get annoyed when compared to him or Bryson Tiller. When my hair is runaway slave tier I get compared to Jimmy Butler

Slayven

Started watching Power because my friends all talk about it. I'm legit upset it took 7 episodes into season 1 to actually move/start the plot then the season ended at episode 10 lol.

It always cracks me up when I see him

Cookout is amazing, you can't beat their price for what you get.

fully loaded burger
large fries
large drink (to include like 60+ milkshake flavors)
2 chicken quesadillas

for $5.

I don't know if i can take the word of a racist like you

I just finished typing this cover letter for a job at my old school. One of the qualifications is to be enrolled in a Master's program, but I applied anyway because another time I still got an interview for a position that required Work Study.

Good luck NAT23.

-------------------------------------------------------

Man, where's the oldies music GAF community. Where's the chill music GAF community. Where's the Motown GAF community. I don't know anything about music made after 1990 that isn't movie scores, Nujabes, Ayo and Teo, or musicals. Maybe Jazz GAF is good. I looked in Pop GAF and I seen things but I couldn't comprehend, like stepping into the star gate in 2001.

Maybe Japanese music but even then I like 80s stuff, and HYDE/Lar'cen'ciel and that's it.

LionPride

Banned
I've never been able to get how people don't listen to music post 90s or just a different collection of music.

Like I listen to just so much shit and while the majority is rap/hip-hop, it sure as hell ain't all I listen to

Merc_

I've had random niggas, black white or other, tell me my ass looks like him

Used to get annoyed when compared to him or Bryson Tiller. When my hair is runaway slave tier I get compared to Jimmy Butler

It's better that then always getting told you look like Drake as I always get from white people. I'm not even that light skinned.

I've never been able to get how people don't listen to music post 90s or just a different collection of music.

Like I listen to just so much shit and while the majority is rap/hip-hop, it sure as hell ain't all I listen to
I'm old for a 26 year old and I don't know where to start and I'm lazy. I just find whatever I like when I'm out and about with SoundHound. Like, recently I found Santigold, Sidestepper, Whitesnake, Supertramp...I don't know anything about any of them. I tend to find one song I like and listen to it over and over for a week, listen to every inflection of the voice or the playing of the instruments, then find a new song.

LionPride

Banned
I'm old for a 26 year old and I don't know where to start and I'm lazy. I just find whatever I like when I'm out and about with SoundHound. Like, recently I found Santigold, Sidestepper, Whitesnake, Supertramp...I don't know anything about any of them. I tend to find one song I like and listen to it over and over for a week, listen to every inflection of the voice or the playing of the instruments, then find a new song.
I just found music I like the beat to, that came first and foremost to me. It's why the only Metallica song I like is a cover by my favorite rock band. Why I'm such a huge Kanye fan.

I just go on Spotify, use any of their playlists and go to town

Or just look at top albums for specific yeats and listen

Or just sit and listen to Amy Winehosue lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom