• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Only real life dudes that is allowed to be tattoo on you is family, Kevin Fenge, MLK, Obama, Malcolm, or Jesus

Only women are family, Harreit Tubman, Rosa Parks, Constance Wu, Virgin Mary, and Zhang Ziy
It makes me sad you didn't include Gong Li. In that list of yours.
I fuckin love this video it's Tyler the Creator not giving a fuck talking about Black representation in cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFkhzMkrmQE
zXHfQ82.gif

FUCKING FURY.
Don't you like cantebury or some chocolate like that? I could've sworn that you did
You're confusing me with Forearm. Good sir.
i like she asked that question and probably thought she was going to get some bullshit . Tyler gave her the answer that should be heard
And yet. Watch the backlash with a bunch of defensive nerds saying he was being mean, or why does he have to bring politics in to their harmless cartoon arena.

It makes me sad you didn't include Gong Li. In that list of yours.

zXHfQ82.gif

FUCKING FURY.

You're confusing me with Forearm. Good sir.

And yet. Watch the backlash with a bunch of defensive nerds saying he was being mean, or why does he have to bring politics in to their harmless cartoon arena.

Sounds about right for the nerds. Don't want no black people in their precious animation.

akira28

honestly, ironically, or morbidly?

I mean I can enjoy parts of the fall of human civilization too, but I still have to look at myself in the mirror most mornings, so I know not to take actual pleasure in human suffering.

Slayven

honestly, ironically, or morbidly?

I mean I can enjoy parts of the fall of human civilization too, but I still have to look at myself in the mirror most mornings, so I know not to take actual pleasure in human suffering.

I am not going to go to a BBT con, or buy merch but it is great background noise

TheSun

Yep, all my projects star People of color.

Speaking of, I better continue with my animation project.

Edit:

Totally with Tyler there.

akira28

I am not going to go to a BBT con, or buy merch but it is great background noise

so you like BBT like people enjoy the sound of white static, or maybe windchimes or ducks quacking? BBT and smooth jazz neck and neck for best background noise? That's not real strong support. Bazinga.

I mean, I actually turn around and watch Antiques Roadshow, I can say I actually like it. background noise is like...you even call it noise

I like that the comments are full of people trying to use shows that are long cancelled in response to Tyler.

It's almost all the same two shows at that: The Boondocks and The Cleveland Show.

The Cleveland Show wasn't a horrible show especially when you compare it to current Family Guy.

Slayven

so you like BBT like people enjoy the sound of white static, or maybe windchimes or ducks quacking? BBT and smooth jazz neck and neck for best background noise? That's not real strong support. Bazinga.

I mean, I actually turn around and watch Antiques Roadshow, I can say I actually like it. background noise is like...you even call it noise

Who hurt you?

TheSun

You got an animation project?? That's awesome. I'm still doing story stuff for mine since I'm learning to draw.

Thanks, I'm in school for animation.

You're doing an animation too? Hope it goes well.
I'd like to see it when you're done.

I might link my animations one of these days.

Johndoey

Banned

You totally should.
--
Prepping my Toby McGuire facial structure appreciation thread expect that in the coming months/years.

Well I wish you best of luck in your studies and hope your animation turns out great.

And thanks. I'm trying to do a action series involving new drastic takes on monsters like zombies, mummies, werewolves and others.

Malyse

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner, O long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
The British army promised freedom to any blacks who sided with them during the war of 1812. The star spangled banner containspart of Francis Scott Key's response to that.

Malyse

60% of America's resources come from Africa. Also Africa is way bigger than the maps show. Like 4x bigger than the Mercator map.

TheSun

Well I wish you best of luck in your studies and hope your animation turns out great.

And thanks. I'm trying to do a action series involving new drastic takes on monsters like zombies, mummies, werewolves and others.

Thanks.

Sounds good. Hope your project gets realized.

---

My uncle likes the Big Bang Theory.
It ain't utter shit, just averagely shit.

akira28

BBT is aggressively mediocre. It's like part of some secret government plot to sap the intelligence of the masses, ironically through a bunch of hollywood nerds.
but the bad plots are what are unforgivable. Chuck Lorre does not aim high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom