• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't have you trying to slander the good name of the Main Event Maharajah.

qC8Y6bC.gif

D i Z

Still wondering why not one of you got me hip to Blackish though. I'd feel disrespected if I thought there was a chuckle or two in there somewhere.

Zekes!

Zeke got mind control on MHWilliams. When he says shut up...Zeke be quiet. But once he leaves, Zeke be talking again.

You the UK Beef. Between you and me we got the world on lock.

Put a beat over this and you could make a FIRE music video

at least I ain't the one calling the feds

Still wondering why not one of you got me hip to Blackish though. I'd feel disrespected if I thought there was a chuckle or two in there somewhere.

I see people talking about Blackish in here all the time. Been meaning to give it a run through

Faustek

Morning folks.

Ooh, saw on discord. See you later Gordon.

I hate reading this because when I was in Sweden, I fell in love with the country. I got so much love i was thinking of emigrating one day. I guess the dream is dead.

It's getting better, in some aspects. European banks have been eating away at the regular domestic banks due to this.
There's been a rise of women and foreign women at the university so much that they, in general, are the majority in Uni now. Still a few fields where there's barely a woman, looking at you STEM -.-
The "good" thing is that with the influx of immigrants and refugees they're back to openly stating their disdain of foreigners. While the liberal left would ever dream to be racist they are working, cheered on by the liberal right, on legislation to make specific jobs with lower income for immigrants and refugees. It's better to have them working than getting educated or having them fill up the universities with the fast track programs for already educated immigrants/refugees.
How they have tried, liberal right and left, to say that we of the melanin rich are Swedish as well the consensus always is, nope. You aren't Swedish until they get to know you. Fuck by the criteria brought up by so many against it, and a fifth are voting for, the Swedes aren't Swedish either. The appropriation of other cultures baked into everyday life here is magnificent to see. From music, clothes, food and beauty products you would think it would lend a positive light to us but nope. People love to have it but not see us behind it. Walk into Inka of Sweden, a friends daughter started it, and you get happy to see so many white faces talk warmly about it to walk outside the store to complain how weird that foreign little girl smells...hey dickhead. The spice and food you just bought is the result of the smell you're whining about.
And the giant cesspool of everyday racism. Had so many friends that are keen to pick up when someone else than they do it and when you point it out it's either "nah, what I do isn't bad" because you know racism in only a thing that those skinheads do.
A good read on it would be Lena Sawyers doctoral thesis, Black and Swedish. Unfortunately you can only read it online if you are a student. She brings up, with receipts, how Sweden isn't immune and is in fact steeped in the postcolonial belief of how Africans are still subject to race hierarchy thinking still is smacked in the middle of everyday Sweden.

And now I'm getting heated so I'll stop. Anyway, Lena Sawyer. She's good people. While I don't understand everything she has written or for the matter have read everything she has written it's a good start to know more about race relations in Sweden.

should add that I wish I had found her sooner. But I was before her with my troubles. Before her writing rather.

Good morning all.

Yesterday with my coworkers that are in a fellowship with me I got to talk about gentrification, white flight, and white people acting shock about racism and saying "I can't believe this is happening in 2017" through a workshop to prepare us for going into a different community abroad to provide our solution. The leads of this fellowship felt it was important to understand diversity and inclusion within our own communities before we could go into another community abroad.

It was a good discussion and one of the few moments I could share my story about going from poverty to posh and provide context on how my POV of society differs from my peers. It was also great to be apart an honest discussion where white people talked about race and the thought process, or lack of, they go through when deciding to move into an urban area for "diversity" and such.

andthebeatgoeson

Fuck cars that don't indicate.

Also sunny and hot(ish) here today, life is good
And fuck people who speed up when you do indicate. I'm torn. Because I'm not waiting just because they got a case of the Mario karts.

I hate Atlanta drivers for the simple fact that i can't understand why they speed up or slow down. Some dude will speed up to drive along side you then take the foot off the pedal the minute you get behind them.

In Jersey or north eastern cities, you can bet people have places to go. No slow poking in the left lane. It was dependable. In the South, they think it's a leisurely activity. Fuck every one of them. They hate the right lane but want to drive in the right lane in all lanes.

Fuck cars that don't indicate.

Also sunny and hot(ish) here today, life is good

If I wasn't Zen, I'd have serious road rage issues because of this, I can't count on my hands alone every time some car needs to yield off their on ramp and just swerves a few feet in front of me without indicating they're switching lanes at all..

Morning folks.

A) I'm officially three months smoke free. B) But holy shit do chest infections hit you fucking hard as a former smoker, Legit struggling to breathe. Had to take a sick day.

Beefy

And fuck people who speed up when you do indicate. I'm torn. Because I'm not waiting just because they got a case of the Mario karts.

I hate Atlanta drivers for the simple fact that i can't understand why they speed up or slow down. Some dude will speed up to drive along side you then take the foot off the pedal the minute you get behind them.

In Jersey or north eastern cities, you can bet people have places to go. No slow poking in the left lane. It was dependable. In the South, they think it's a leisurely activity. Fuck every one of them. They hate the right lane but want to drive in the right lane in all lanes.

If I wasn't Zen, I'd have serious road rage issues because of this, I can't count on my hands alone every time some car needs to yield off their on ramp and just swerves a few feet in front of me without indicating they're switching lanes at all..

I was crossing the road and some dude who didn't indicate pulled in. He stopped a few feet from me and started to bitch at me for not seeing him. So I told the dude (politely) he needs to start using his indicator more and stop the bitching

andthebeatgoeson

I was crossing the road and some dude who didn't indicate pulled in. He stopped a few feet from me and started to bitch at me for not seeing him. So I told the dude (politely) he needs to start using his indicator more and stop the bitching
Ahh, that's a douche bag problem. I always expect a honk when i don't indicate. It's a way for people to let me know they love me and my driving.

:p

Morning folks.

A) I'm officially three months smoke free. B) But holy shit do chest infections hit you fucking hard as a former smoker, Legit struggling to breathe. Had to take a sick day.
Nice job man. My family on my mother side are big smokers and it impacted their health big time and I watched them through their journey trying to kick the habit.

How long have you been a smoker?

Congrats man, keep doing it, cigarettes?

And Cigars, cut the whole thing off. Don't even take celebratory ones anymore.

Nice job man. My family on my mother side are big smokers and it impacted their health big time and I watched them through their journey trying to kick the habit.

How long have you been a smoker?

Better part of 16 years. Was good for a while but I could feel it start to catch me. Had to work out twice as hard as other folks just to get the same results. Struggle to get around as quick as I used too without huffing and wheezing.

Needed a change, if not for me than for my kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom