• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
He Got Banned
Banned Presidents
Cool Bannings
Devil in Army Fatigues
Don't Be a Menace to Moderation While Drinking Your 40s in the BCT

I thought Kamau's show was pretty middling. I mean, compare it to Key and Peele and it is night and day.

You guys need to see K&P though. Best black sketch comedy show since Chappelle. Makes me wish Conan went with a comedy sketch show instead of that stupid talk show on tbs.

Haven't seen K&P. Put those in there too. Even at middling it's still better than most shit out there and black television in general.

I thought Kamau's show was pretty middling. I mean, compare it to Key and Peele and it is night and day.

You guys need to see K&P though. Best black sketch comedy show since Chappelle. Makes me wish Conan went with a comedy sketch show instead of that stupid talk show on tbs.

My expectations for K&P were so low, one of the few shows I don't miss now.

DominoKid

K&P always hold their jokes a few beats too long. They lose points from me for that.

I stand by everything I say.

You and me will have to square off next podcast. Only thing Hughley was decent in was Original Kings of Comedy but Mac/Cedric surpass him by miles. Can't even believe you liked his show. Next thing you'll tell me The Steve Harvey show was good too. Fuck.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You and me will have to square off next podcast. Only thing Hughley was decent in was Original Kings of Comedy but Mac/Cedric surpass him by miles. Can't even believe you liked his show. Next thing you'll tell me The Steve Harvey show was good too. Fuck.

ibmnlZF9VfUhQW.gif

My gawd. What have you done?!
*runs

DominoKid

Brah, Da Fuck? You hate Martin?!

yeah. martin always seemed like some ignorant shit to me. i put it at about Wayans Bros tier. it's probably my least favorite of all the black sitcoms that were before my time (lets say 1995-present)

in other news, Maya Angelou is speaking at my campus...right now. i look forward to people asking me tomorrow what i thought of it like i actually went.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
OT3 is up

Got tired of waiting, I'll update the new OT just like how I did with the old one. Any additions can be PM'd to me or posted in the thread and I'll get to it as fast as I'm able. Thanks to everyone that contributed like always.

FyreWulff

Man I fucked up at work. Big time.

Getting that look from your boss like he's chewing you out but not actually doing it verbally to you makes it worse

edit: combo into posting into now-old OT fuckup

Anyone else here a big fan of The Wire? Personally it's my favorite TV show. I started watching it when I was about 15 at my Dad's house. A LOT of the movies my Dad owned were the crappy hood movies that I actually liked. So when I saw The Wire I just assumed it was a crappy hood TV show. Well I went on thinking it was an amazing hood show and that it no one else would like it. Well obviously I was wrong, but can you blame me? I was 15.

Anyways I have two friends on Xbox that happen to be white, and I didn't think either of them would like the show because I thought it was a hood show. Turns out one of them also loved it and the other watched it later and also loved it. Now that I'm older I have a lot more respect for the show and have re-watched it countless times since. I was just curious if anyone else is surprised by the reception the show gets?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Anyone else here a big fan of The Wire? Personally it's my favorite TV show. I started watching it when I was about 15 at my Dad's house. A LOT of the movies my Dad owned were the crappy hood movies that I actually liked. So when I saw The Wire I just assumed it was a crappy hood TV show. Well I went on thinking it was an amazing hood show and that it no one else would like it. Well obviously I was wrong, but can you blame me? I was 15.

Anyways I have two friends on Xbox that happen to be white, and I didn't think either of them would like the show because I thought it was a hood show. Turns out one of them also loved it and the other watched it later and also loved it. Now that I'm older I have a lot more respect for the show and have re-watched it countless times since. I was just curious if anyone else is surprised by the reception the show gets?

psssst

Top Bottom