• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

tumblr_m5fugp0aCP1qexykso1_500.jpg
Thanks, Brother Slay, but I don't think I could handle any chicken right now. My stomach is killing me.

PlayDat

Sup guys. Thought I'd say hello. Did the introduce yourself thing in the last thread but didn't post a whole lot after it. Always lurking though.

As for the sitcom discussion from last thread I think I'm gonna have to go with My Wife and Kids for best black sitcom in the past ten years or so. Everybody Hates Chris would be second.

-60 on the blackness test btw.
He is half white.

sabu.png

DominoKid

serena lookin brolic as fuck against fellow black american sloane stephens.

and sloane wins...

:/ i don't understand my tag at all but it's better than being just a member!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
New thread feels right. Good stuff, Dy.

@Bish: good to see the crazies outing themselves early this year.

Well, today I got caught slipping & got fucked up,
other than the fact that bish is staring into my very soul.

instead of going my usual taper, my barber goes and gives me a Caesar.

He on the phone talkin' about his baby mama, and fact that she didn't give him have any freedom during the time he was with her.

I've hoped you learned your lesson today, DY. don't fuck around.
3AQmK.gif

He did a freakin' phenomenal job though.

harSon

Banned
That feeling where you feel you fucked up an interview =(

Fuck it.

New thread boi!

For some reason, whenever I feel confident coming out of the interview, I don't get the job, but when I come out thinking "there's no way on God's green Earth I'm getting that job," I've actually come away with the job a few times. Although there's been occasions where I completely fucked up midway and wished I could just get out of my chair and get the hell out of dodge. That's the worst. It's like getting an automatic fail on your drivers test and then having to drive back to DMV. Neither you or the instructor are saying shit, but you know damn well you're not getting your licence.

Azure J

Don't mind me, just perusing the OP and catching up on what ever I've missed since OT1 (early OT2?). I just wanted to say that last quote was amazing. :lol

FreeMufasa

For some reason, whenever I feel confident coming out of the interview, I don't get the job, but when I come out thinking "there's no way on God's green Earth I'm getting that job," I've actually come away with the job a few times. Although there's been occasions where I completely fucked up midway and wished I could just get out of my chair and get the hell out of dodge. That's the worst. It's like getting an automatic fail on your drivers test and then having to drive back to DMV. Neither you or the instructor are saying shit, but you know damn well you're not getting your licence.

Yeah I've had that too. But today was just........ugh.

Had an emergency last night which meant I had to be at a hospital all night. Got home at 5am and left at 5:15am, followed by 4 hours of train and transferring. Got to the interview looking jacked with blood red eyes, no coffee. Then these fuckers decided to make me do a suprise presentation to 20 or so ppl. When you hear "you're nodding off there Adam", you know you're fucked hahahahahahaha. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet. Should have got it easy but circumstances happen, I ain't mad.

Sent me a message 30 mins after saying I'm not right for the role. Fuck em. True say I wouldn't have hired someone like me today too.

Gattsu25

Banned
- Where you're from - Queens, NY
- Where you live - West of Philly, PA
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African-Trinidadian on my mom's side, Irish/German on my dad's
- Do you know your roots? - See above. Mom is 1st generation immigrant, Dad is 2nd. Family ties go back at least 3 generations in each country
- Your Age - 30 :\
- Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Reggae, Electronic
- Your profession/major/career interest - Supervisor
- Your religious affiliation - Christian (Baptist, but not southern baptist)
- Hobbies - reading, video games, guitar, drawing, writing short-form fiction​

Howdy, y'all

Imm0rt4l

- Where you're from - Queens, NY
- Where you live - West of Philly, PA
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African-Trinidadian on my mom's side, Irish/German on my dad's
- Do you know your roots? - See above. Mom is 1st generation immigrant, Dad is 2nd. Family ties go back at least 3 generations in each country
- Your Age - 30 :
- Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Reggae, Electronic
- Your profession/major/career interest - Supervisor
- Your religious affiliation - Christian (Baptist, but not southern baptist)
- Hobbies - reading, video games, guitar, drawing, writing short-form fiction​

Howdy, y'all

Welcome, fellow Berserk fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom