• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

The only two fighters I play are KoF 13 and Skullgirls. Once upon a time, MvC3 was awesome to me, but the amount of braindead shit in it turned me off...

You don't want to try some Tekken? I', personally tired of the series I've been playing it since the 1st. I'll probably get back into it once Tekken x Street Fighter comes out or Tekken 7, but am currently not playing TTT2.

I know if only it was a My Little Pony fighter it would be the shiznit right......right?

ibdjSQudf9Lotd.gif

RIP in peace Beef

If that's all you got soundscream, then it's no wonder that you can't defend the new KI for shit instead of saying "lookit all dat stuff on screen, game'll be godlike."

I'm still wondering where this evidence is that I still watch MLP, too. I can wait. Not that it's any worse than being scared to sleep at night for fear that a mouse will wink at you.

If that's all you got soundscream, then it's no wonder that you can't defend the new KI for shit instead of saying "lookit all dat stuff on screen, game'll be godlike."

I'm still wondering where this evidence is that I still watch MLP, too. I can wait. Not that it's any worse than being scared to sleep at night for fear that a mouse will wink at you.

You don't need to still watch it. You were in those threads man. People ain't gonna forget.

Onemic

dat shade

Still watch,

Which means you did watch LOL

You got some fight in you this time....you get your happy meal for lunch?

Sorry, I already know I'm gonna be like a half hour late. Gotta go from downtown LA to Disneyland hen back home.

I'mma break as many laws as possible to get home at a reasonable time.

Never denied that I gave the show a shot. Not a big deal tbh. Glad that it can give you some ammo to try and move the conversation away from the new KI being ass, though. I know how much you viral marketers have to work to try and convince people.

In either case, I gotta go to work. Paydaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay today.

Viral marketer OMG that's so weak.

And I was responding to someone saying it looked like ass, not played like ass. I haven't played it so I cant comment on that but to say it isnt graphically impressive is BS. I said I was interested in the game never said it was going to be "God Like".

And no matter what how you try and come back, you are a Brony

/END

Imm0rt4l

And I was responding to someone saying it looked like ass, not played like ass. I haven't played it so I cant comment on that but to say it isnt graphically impressive is BS. I said I was interested in the game never said it was going to be "God Like".

/END

This is mutually exclusive to the lot of us fyi. When it comes to fighting games, the game looks good=the game has good/sound mechanics and plays well. Aesthetics aren't quite as important, after all sf4 was ugly on release and it's ugly now. But it's THE definitive fighter of the generation. KI looks like ass=the gameplay looks like ass.

Onemic

/END

Pretty sure when everyone says it looks like ass they mean in terms of how the gameplay looks.

This is mutually exclusive to the lot of us fyi. When it comes to fighting games, the game looks good=the game has good/sound mechanics and plays well. Aesthetics aren't quite as important, after all sf4 was ugly on release and it's ugly now. But it's THE definitive fighter of the generation. KI looks like ass=the gameplay looks like ass.

Well as I said im not part of the fighting community so look=visuals and plays=gameplay, and either way I wont change what I said, and when people post random FUD about the developer with out looking into who is actually making the game, it doesn't help their argument, it just comes off as fan-boy fodder.

Imm0rt4l

Well as I said im not part of the fighting community so look=visuals and plays=gameplay, and either way I wont change what I said, and when people post random FUD about the developer with out looking into who is actually making the game, it doesn't help their argument, it just comes off as fan-boy fodder.

That's fine, just know that this game is trying to cater those of us in the fgc, not joe blow.

PB getting slapped around by a dude that slept with all the lights on for a week because he saw a mouse.

Could be worse, not like I am simping on a gaming message board.

That's fine, just know that this game is trying to cater those of us in the fgc, not joe blow.

The people in the gaming thread seem like more joe blow, so as I said it might have more mainstream appeal, which would be a good thing, because aside from SF, MK most fighting games don't set the charts on fire.

ReiGun

How is that "fanboy fodder?" I heard Double Helix was making the game, looked up their pedigree, and went on what I saw. I'm not about to watch panels or do deep research into the game after I watch gameplay vids and don't like what I see. There's no "fanboy" in it; especially considering I loved Killer Instinct as a kid and have been wanting to see it come back.

Nakazato

C-C-C Combo Breaker!

F-F-F Friendship Breaker

Sorry, I already know I'm gonna be like a half hour late. Gotta go from downtown LA to Disneyland hen back home.

I'mma break as many laws as possible to get home at a reasonable time.

You got a Rodney King whooping incoming

I have Realized that driving in LA gives me fucking road rage. Im gonna stat live streaming while on the interstate. So black gaf can watch me rage over being in traffic for over an hour.

How is that "fanboy fodder?" I heard Double Helix was making the game, looked up their pedigree, and went on what I saw. I'm not about to watch panels or do deep research into the game after I watch gameplay vids and don't like what I see. There's no "fanboy" in it; especially considering I loved Killer Instinct as a kid and have been wanting to see it come back.

Well if you are going to have an opinion shouldn't it be an informed one?

ReiGun

Well if you are going to have an opinion shouldn't it be an informed one?

True, but knowing whose making the game isn't going to affect how I feel about what I see when watching the game in action. Knowing Capcom was making SF4 didn't stop me from hating it pretty much up until the day I got to play it. Which is why I'm still willing to give Killer Instinct a chance.

They want us to fight among ourselves. you all are playing into their hands.
Clearly, The Man revived Killer Instinct to tear our community apart. :(

True, but knowing whose making the game isn't going to affect how I feel about what I see when watching the game in action. Knowing Capcom was making SF4 didn't stop me from hating it pretty much up until the day I got to play it. Which is why I'm still willing to give Killer Instinct a chance.

You're repping a c-tier fighter from the developers of "Battleship: The Movie Game." Hardly one to talk about taste.

What you said here would be similar to writing off a movie because it was made by a shitty studio, even though the movie had a good director and cast in place.

ReiGun

It really does. It doesn't matter anyways. After a month everyone will be back to playing the newest version of SF4 and Marvel.
Fixed for total accuracy.

What you said here would be similar to writing off a movie because it was made by a shitty studio, even though the movie had a good director and cast in place.

Except with a movie, I would be able to see the director and cast more readily than the developers of this game. When I first looked into the game, it was around E3. All I saw was "Double Helix," not "Double Helix Special Forces Team of Expert Fighting Game Developers." But really, I don't care whose making game (beyond DH being an easy target for jokes due to their pedigree, obviously). Most of my judgement of the game is coming from the live demo at Evo, where it really did look bad.

Top Bottom