• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

Is it being a simp if you sign the abortion consent form for a dude that got the girl you like pregnant? Then you take boxing lessons to beat the dude up?

harSon

Banned
Looks like the 4.5-5GB of ram being usable towards games on Playstation 4 was correct. While I think it's smart on their part from a future proofing standpoint and am excited to see how they utilize it from a multimedia standpoint, it's pretty funny to see people who were trashing the very same split from Microsoft all of a sudden in full support of it.

FreeMufasa

Is it being a simp if you sign the abortion consent form for a dude that got the girl you like pregnant? Then you take boxing lessons to beat the dude up?

That's a step beyond simping.

Lost.

At least most simps can repent and fix up. There's no coming back from that one.

Looks like the 4.5-5GB of ram being usable towards games on Playstation 4 was correct. While I think it's smart on their part from a future proofing standpoint and am excited to see how they utilize it from a multimedia standpoint, it's pretty funny to see people who were trashing the very same split from Microsoft all of a sudden in full support of it.

Haha. Sony kids are losing their shit.

FyreWulff

Gamers just need to care about the end result, not the actual specs. If you're that concerned about performance, you really need to be building PCs these days. The days of consoles outclassing PCs on release are currently over

Seriously gamers don't understand it's basically this from a dev programmer's perspective:

"Hey guys, you get 400MB-ish of RAM to play with. Have fun!"

"k"

"Hey guys, it's been a while. Here's five gigabytes!"

"10 times the space to work with at once? Hot damn."

PS4 is still more powerful, cheaper, doesn't come with a fuckin' Kinect required to work, and a proven track record of first party developers/exclusives. Devs seems quite happy with the hardware they're working on, and they'll be a variety of quality games for years to come.

whoop-de-fuckin-do less RAM oh noes

Nakazato

PS4 is still more powerful, cheaper, doesn't come with a fuckin' Kinect required to work, and a proven track record of first party developers/exclusives. Devs seems quite happy with the hardware they're working on, and they'll be a variety of quality games for years to come.

I just hope the OS is amazing :)

Ps4 winning the hood back

Slayven

yeah if this was such a issue I am sure we would have heard Dev mumblings.

harSon

Banned

It's still an example of the misleading bait and switch tactics that people criticize Microsoft for regarding the Xbox One on a constant basis.

I agree though, if you justified purchasing the Playstation 4 before this news, it's pretty idiotic to backtrack from this position for something as dumb as the news we've learned today. I disagree with power superiority and Kinect requirement being major factors, but it's difference in opinion, and at the end of the day you have go with the console that has the games and features that coincide with your own sensibilities and tastes.

Slayven

When EB said his team were laughing at the thread I knew everything was fine
You tell the goons in the hood about the ram they will jsut

"It still got that Madden right? And that Kingdom Hearts, you know for my little cuz."

It's still an example of the misleading bait and switch tactics that people criticize Microsoft for regarding the Xbox One on a constant basis.

I agree though, if you justified purchasing the Playstation 4 before this news, it's pretty idiotic to backtrack from this position for something as dumb as the news we've learned today. I disagree with power superiority and Kinect requirement being major factors, but it's difference in opinion, and at the end of the day you have go with the console that has the games and features that coincide with your own sensibilities and tastes.

Only bait of switch for the folks that play specs and not games.

Nakazato

You tell the goons in the hood about the ram they will jsut

"It still got that Madden right? And that Kingdom Hearts, you know for my little cuz."

I remember gangta ass mf ive ever met came up to me and was like " You played that Kingdom Hearts? That shit is raw"

harSon

Banned
Only bait of switch for the folks that play specs and not games.

I'd typically agree with that statement since a console's specs are usually a more behind the scenes aspect of a platform holder's PR blitz. But when you make a mainstream spectacle of your system's specs, as Sony has since its unveil, then I think the bait and switch is a legitimate point of criticism.

Slayven

I'd typically agree with that statement since a console's specs are usually a more behind the scenes aspect of a platform holder's PR blitz. But when you make a mainstream spectacle of your system's specs, as Sony has since its unveil, then I think the bait and switch is a legitimate point of criticism.

Sony said the thing will have 8 gigs, they didn't sit down and itemize where the 8 will go.

Slayven

but they also marketed themselves as not doing the same thing as MS.

People that have blind hatred or faith in something will always find a way to believe what they want.

Sony is a huge company and they have many and varied policies. None have been as batshit as MS'. Microsoft was just about release a literally unfinished game at full price and they would complete later.

Slayven

One more thing, TLOU ran on 392 megs of ram. And that game made a grown ass dude like DY cry. With 10 times the ram, they could make a game that will make him see his kids.

harSon

Banned
People that have blind hatred or faith in something will always find a way to believe what they want.

Sony is a huge company and they have many and varied policies. None have been as batshit as MS'. Microsoft was just about release a literally unfinished game at full price and they would complete later.

Are you talking about Forza? Because that's kind of misleading if so. The product on the disk is unfinished, albeit completely playable, but has a free Day 1 patch to supply the rest of the end game. Games are pressed more than a month prior to their eventual release, and launch games are already rushed in the first place, so instead of delaying the game, they devised a scenario where they can do as much as possible up until launch day.

That sucks for people with no access to the internet, and Microsoft should make it clear on the game's box that a one time connection is required to experience the entirety of the game, but it's not really an example of a incomplete retail product that's to be completed at a later date.

FF2012010-int-LR-4-8ab16.jpg

Doom out, nigga

FyreWulff

Are you talking about Forza? Because that's kind of misleading if so. The product on the disk is unfinished, albeit completely playable, but has a free Day 1 patch to supply the rest of the end game. Games are pressed more than a month prior to their eventual release, and launch games are already rushed in the first place, so instead of delaying the game, they devised a scenario where they can do as much as possible up until launch day.

That sucks for people with no access to the internet, and Microsoft should make it clear on the game's box that a one time connection is required to experience the entirety of the game, but it's not really an example of a incomplete retail product that's to be completed at a later date.

It sounded to me like the game was being made with the always online requirement, so they figured they could work on it up until about release and have the disc supply most of the data while being forced to log into Live would guarantee the user would be provided the rest of the data.

Since they changed this now, they're probably already super crunched for time and they're just went with 'log in, yo'.

A bit concerning but this is what happens at launch. Your game gets Perfect Dark Zero'd (game got to skip most of cert, and they finished it later with DLC)

Gorillaz

when was the last time doom actually started some shit? He getting soft

One more thing, TLOU ran on 392 megs of ram. And that game made a grown ass dude like DY cry. With 10 times the ram, they could make a game that will make him see his kids.
Isnt it 1 gb in reserve just in case? So its like 4.5/5.5? Idk but most of those people dont even know or understand that sony got caught in a bad place when they didn't have enough ram to update the ps3 with things like cross game chat. Sony might have been pushing games, games, and games buts Its still is a entertainment system at the end of the day

Slayven

when was the last time doom actually started some shit? He getting soft

Isnt it 1 gb in reserve just in case? So its like 4.5/5.5? Idk but most of those people dont even know or understand that sony got caught in a bad place when they didn't have enough ram to update the ps3 with things like cross game chat. Sony might have been pushing games, games, and games buts Its still is a entertainment system at the end of the day

Doomwar, when BP had his little sister beat the shit out of Doom.

Yep, a lot of blood pressure being raised over nothing.

Gattsu25

Banned
Fruitvale Station is a damn good movie.

Half of the theater was sobbing by the time the credits rolled and nobody said a single word on the way out.

It was a well made movie that had a ton of great acting and a lot of heart.

I couldn't find the OT for it, though...

harSon

Banned

Half of the theater was sobbing by the time the credits rolled and nobody said a single word on the way out.

Yeah it's extremely good. I saw it in Oakland two weeks back. Michael B. Jordan and Ryan Coogler are teaming up again for a spin off to Rocky too.

ReiGun

Last time I saw Doom was in New Avengers, when Reed and Strange were basically clowning him in his own home. Guy ain't what he used to be.

I'm not enough of a techie to get with spec conversations. As long as whatever the fuck this ram issue is doesn't interfere with the games, it's whatever.

I'm probably going to watch it on Monday or Tuesday because the pest control guy is going to bomb my house. We have an ant infestation.

I'm surprised by the advertising push Fruit ale is getting now. I thought it'd be a limited release thing but I've seen tons of commercials for it and a couple billboards.

I'm hoping to see it soon.

Top Bottom