• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

When i saw that I went from sad to.....

XTXx00K.gif

I don't know how people can read that shot and say we aren't suppose to recognize he was a piece of shit because HE JUST DIED MAN.

It's really hard for me to seperate the character from the real person when you read shit like this.

I don't know how people can read that shot and say we aren't suppose to recognize he was a piece of shit because HE JUST DIED MAN.

It's really hard for me to seperate the character from the real person when you read shit like this.

Its really weird. If Robert England died and he was a homophobe racist, I wouldn't mourn the death of Freddie Kruger. It doesn't make any sense to me.

The character didn't die, the man did and the man was an utter piece of shit.

Y'all really didn't know Warrior was batshit crazy? I'm kind of surprised that people were unaware. Figured the internet being the internet would've made it common knowledge.

Y'all really didn't know Warrior was batshit crazy? I'm kind of surprised that people were unaware. Figured the internet being the internet would've made it common knowledge.

I've heard he had crazy views but I don't follow wrestling hard core so I just assumed it was some tea party libertarian crazy stuff. I was content to just have my childhood memories, but when mother fuckers are cutting promos on MLK I can't ignore that.

That defense in that thread is weird to me too. "We knew he was vile for a looooong time sheeesh let it go."

I don't agree with that kind of statement as a defense either but I'm not surprised by it. Seems like they're well educated on the stuff that goes on behind the scenes and a lot of the time it's really negative stuff. I imagine you'd have to tune that out to an extent to continue enjoying the stuff in front of the camera. A lot of people do it with a lot of things.

I'm like that to an extent with Kanye. Dude does some stupid things sometimes but I still enjoy his music.

Damn its like someone stopped the party by hitting the DJ table. We were kee keeing and shit and then BAM that Ultimate warrior bullshit. Even in death he buzzkilling like a mother fucker. I still got my childhood memories where i was ignorant to his madman like ramblings.

Damn that Little Spook video has over 100k hits now, I think most of the view came within the last couple days.

Lil Spook is gonna be signing a deal before the month is over.

akira28

Yeah Warrior was actually the Ultimate Conservative Warrior. Though people knew, because the political opinions and controversial statements on his blog were the only reason he had been in the news the last decade, not wrestling. He became a conservative motivational speaker, touring whatever stage would have him.

I figured people were just letting bygones be bygones because crazy dead guy.

GAF kills me some time, they shitted on fred Phelps(rightly so btw ) while on his death bed for his views but ultimate warrior is immune? Fuck that noise

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more conservative wrestlers. I guess it's better that they just wrestle and keep their politics seperate

Kreed

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more conservative wrestlers. I guess it's better that they just wrestle and keep their politics seperate

There's definitely plenty of them, particularly from Ultimate Warrior's generation.

Still, even though I'm not a fan of Ultimate Warrior's views and knew about them, I'm also not a fan of posters coming into RIP threads with negative comments on the person's life which seems to be happening more and more in death threads (MJ, Whitney, etc...). Maybe if the post was it's own separate thread or it was posted a day or two later it'd be better, but it just seems unnecessary right after the man passed, even if he's a crazy conservative.

There's definitely plenty of them, particularly from Ultimate Warrior's generation.

Still, even though I'm not a fan of Ultimate Warrior's views and knew about them, I'm also not a fan of posters coming into RIP threads with negative comments on the person's life which seems to be happening more and more in death threads (MJ, Whitney, etc...). Maybe if the post was it's own separate thread or it was posted a day or two later it'd be better, but it just seems unnecessary right after the man passed, even if he's a crazy conservative.

I didn't know about anything Ultimate Warrior said, and I agree that there's no tasteful way to shit on someone when they're dead. but the idea some people are expressing that he gets a pass because he was a character or because he was entertaining is ridiculous, especially when you see them doing the same thing with people they don't like. It's hypocritical.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never dig into your heroes background.

I learned that pretty quick when it came to music. A lot of people I revered when I was younger, then you grow up and look into who they are and you see a stupid, stupid person. It makes you feel shitty you let them affect your life in any way, even if it was all positive for you.

Kreed

I didn't know about anything Ultimate Warrior said, and I agree that there's no tasteful way to shit on someone when they're dead. but the idea some people are expressing that he gets a pass because he was a character or because he was entertaining is ridiculous, especially when you see them doing the same thing with people they don't like. It's hypocritical.

Yeah I'm not even really speaking on Ultimate Warrior's situation cause his fans should know his views and I don't blame fans for saying F him after learning about his views, even if he did just pass away. It's just the trend of GAF posters coming into a R.I.P. thread and posting negative news to kill the flow of the thread that I don't care for.

Yeah I'm not even really speaking on Ultimate Warrior's situation cause his fans should know his views and I don't blame fans for saying F him after learning about his views, even if he did just pass away. It's just the trend of GAF posters coming into a R.I.P. thread and posting negative news to kill the flow of the thread that I don't care for.

I learned that after going in the RIP Michael Jackson threads

Imm0rt4l

Glad I'm mot really affected by ultimate warriors death. Would really suck to have idolized him as a kid and find those things out now.

akira28

Satch just do the Bacardi Zombie + HiC Orange, crushed ice, and more rum, or vodka.

Mikes malt drinks are just a sweeter alternative to beer. And stout is a bitter beer. Drink something enjoyable, that will also get you drunk.

That's mainly why I didn't post my thoughts in the Ultimate Warrior OT.

It's strange though that the day prior to his death if you made a thread about his views, most everyone would be spitting venom but now that he has passed his fans are choosing to ignore who the man actually was.

I think in the thread about Bin Laden or some mass murderer being killed, someone popped up and said people shouldn't be celebrating because he was someone's father/husband etc. So clearly people draw the line at very different places.

Like how soundscream went from "man I'm going to miss UW" to "Oh, well fuck you too" I just don't have a hard time cutting ties to someone if it becomes clear that they're giant assholes. When Mike Vick kicks the bucket you better believe people will be bringing up that dog fighting case, despite him paying a heavy price for his actions, apologizing and doing work to reverse the damage he had done.

It's one thing to hold who someone was against them once they have passed, it only becomes fucked up to me if they've made a conscious effort to change their ways and undo whatever damage they had done.

Top Bottom