• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
They really broke his pattern down

Too bad he'll never acknowledge it lol

harSon

Banned
Guess I'm not going to EDC anymore. My boss just revoked the vacation I had approved a few months back. Kind of bullshit considering it's less than 2 weeks away, and I've already dropped the cash for the 3 day pass, flight and hotel. The latter two are probably non-refundable at this point.

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of pissed.

UPS telling me my Wii U is on the truck for delivery.

Gonna be the longest work day ever.

At least you have peace of mind that nobody's going to steal it

Nakazato

hmmm what do you do fam if I may ask?

ATM it tech support CSR
4 in the morning to the afternoon or 4pm til past midnight?

because one of those is actually awesome

both if you get any sort of break on the back end one
4pm to 12:30 am im in training right now

Guess I'm not going to EDC anymore. My boss just revoked the vacation I had approved a few months back. Kind of bullshit considering it's less than 2 weeks away, and I've already dropped the cash for the 3 day pass, flight and hotel. The latter two are probably non-refundable at this point.

You and your boss need to have a sit down and tell him you just coated me money.

FyreWulff

That sucks. I was informed yesterday that E3 is off. Had the hotel and the passes are approved.. just can't get to LA anymore.

Last minute changes like that are always bleh

cdyhybrid

That's pretty fucked up.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

How do you just revoke vacation that was already approved? That seems very wrong.

Imm0rt4l

I live in Vegas and I'd never been to EDC. I'ma make it a point to go next year. Sucks to hear your situation, I'm sure you can sell that shit though.

BHZ Mayor

stop simping

It's actually a shot. Her and Supermanisdead know what time it is.

EDIT: lol. Platinum Rosalina for MK9

Rosalina the GOAT.
Peach the chick with potential but just keeps settling for side chick status.
Toadette the goofy nerd chick.
Wendy the chick that's always talking about somebody looking at her wrong.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Every time I see MK I think Mortal Kombat

Platinum Rosalina in my mind just now made me wtf out loud for no damn reason

revoke an already approved vacation? i would have a fully itemized and documented list for reimbursement with me for my conversation with the boss.

That sucks. I was informed yesterday that E3 is off. Had the hotel and the passes are approved.. just can't get to LA anymore.

Last minute changes like that are always bleh
y'all scaring me now.. i got a trip in 2 weeks.it better go smooth, i need to be on a real Caribbean beach in 2 weeks.

harSon

Banned
How do you just revoke vacation that was already approved? That seems very wrong.

As much as it blows, it's somewhat justified. I recently took a promotion to middle management, and the person retiring had one foot out the door for a minute now, so the state of things are not exactly all that great to put it nicely. We're projected to miss our performance for the program year for the first time in a while, and the program year ends June 30th, so my boss wants all hands on deck until then as we make a push to hopefully right the ship... cause if heads roll, it's prob his ass on the line. I could probably fight it, but as I said, I was JUST promoted maybe a month and a half ago.... and I'm on a 6 month probation period... so looking anything less than 120% dedicated and rocking the boat is probably not the best move to make

Fucking sucks still...

Man...first yesterday. Now today; on gaf AND in life.

Rio you know what time it is fam! I'm mixing all the brown and all the white. Whatever happens happens, diabetes be damned!

Jado

Banned
Hello, BCT. What's new?

Hi, Mumei. I've been annoyed since yesterday amidst all the stuff that transpired the past couple of days. Is it permissible on GAF to have a pattern of clearly racist posts (short of saying the usual slurs) that span months/years? I see people get reprimanded in Gaming for doing less -- several repeat offenses of being annoying in console wars/sales threads. I'm trying to make sense on why the more serious one is sometimes allowed to persist. We seem to be quick about dealing with the stupidly obvious Nazi/Klan-type posters, but not the "smarter," stealthier O'Reilly/Limbaugh/Beck types.

10014943_10152481608129446_3476845918049516357_o.png

This idea is beautiful.

And it's hard for me to get hyped the the witcher right now when I haven't seen the version I'm going to play, but that was a good trailer.

All this June is the new February talk reminded me of something.

Do people still celebrate Juneteenth? I haven't been to a party celebrating it since I was kid.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If you do play it, play The Witcher before The Witcher 2. The Witcher 1 is legitimately trash IMO, and The Witcher 2 just makes that fact 39839289382x more apparent.
There is some great writing and lore in the Witcher but having gone through the game myself I gotta agree. As much as I hate to advocate watching a Let's Play in lieu of playing the game, it might actually be beneficial in this case. The gameplay is just really clunky and if you are trying to complete all the sidequests and shit it gets super fucking MMO style grindy.

Top Bottom