• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Silky

Banned
lol

everyone thinks that until they actually play the witcher

Finally playing The Witcher on a stable platform (360) has made me come to realize that The Witcher is a very good, very well written series. Combat is...complex, I'll give it that.

I wish CD Projekt would do a remastered Witcher 1 w/ Witcher 2's control scheme. I'm very interested in TW3 but I want to beat TW2 first.

High praise on Gaf makes me pause.

high praise from anyone has me skeptical. Then again GAF was the main force in me rebuying Resistance 3 to finish it's campaign, so I'll give them that.

I am once again in the minority but the Witcher 2 bored the fuck out of me. And I will be upfront its the only one I played.

And that MK alt cover shit they did back on an older one as well. It had SubZero in that shredder outfit for the PlayStation version and either Raiden or Scorpion on the other I think. But I agree I always like when they do shit like that.

But in other news, damn am I having fun on my BioShock playthru(Survivor/No Vita Chambers) and didn't realize how fantastic Security Bullseye is. And the game still looks good. And I redownloaded Dark Arisen. So please have your pawns on point family.

The only GAF hype I fell for that was solid was Alpha Protocol.

10014943_10152481608129446_3476845918049516357_o.png

This idea is beautiful.

And it's hard for me to get hyped the the witcher right now when I haven't seen the version I'm going to play, but that was a good trailer.
Xbone should have gotten reptile

RedSwirl

I really enjoyed Witcher 1 at the time. Both games, like a lot of Eurojank, feel like really honest efforts from people actually trying to make the games they want to make, but they don't quite have the budget to polish the rough edges like EA or Ubisoft might. Both Witcher games have some really cool lore and quest design, and they don't wimp out on the consequences of storyline choices which you have to appreciate, but they're still learning how to properly balance the gameplay. At least in Witcher 2 they nailed some of the prettiest graphics and art direction in western RPGs.

Slayven

I think I am going to get turned up tonight. Been a long time since i sipped on something something. Yeah I think I will get drunk and watch Haunted House tonight.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Anyone fucked with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? It's pretty fun.

It is. Just wasn't worth 60 bucks and it needed more time in the oven. Could've been a really, really good game @ 60 but it had some strong flaws to it.

Silky

Banned
Picked up The Bureau as a sealed copy for $20 on PS3 and a steam copy for $7.49. PC version wouldn't run for me, so PS3 is my main version.

The combat's very tight and the atmosphere is really something. Gives me somee huge Iron Giant vibes. But I'm starting to see the kinks this far in the game. It's missing something more. Dialogue, maybe.

I have no attachments to the original series so I can't really fault the game's origins, but Enemy Unknown was very good as well so it's all good I guess.

Anyone fucked with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? It's pretty fun.

It is. Just wasn't worth 60 bucks and it needed more time in the oven. Could've been a really, really good game @ 60 but it had some strong flaws to it.

Picked up The Bureau as a sealed copy for $20 on PS3 and a steam copy for $7.49. PC version wouldn't run for me, so PS3 is my main version.

The combat's very tight and the atmosphere is really something. Gives me somee huge Iron Giant vibes. But I'm starting to see the kinks this far in the game. It's missing something more. Dialogue, maybe.

I have no attachments to the original series so I can't really fault the game's origins, but Enemy Unknown was very good as well so it's all good I guess.

Its one of those games that if it cooked a little longer it would have been amazing. By itself its a solid title albeit some issues. Wish there were more side quests to be honest. I'm glad you give it a shot.

royalan

NAWT Jangocube hanging him out to dry!

"I feel like I'd know if he was a racist...but I ain't seen him in about decade, so...."

cdyhybrid

How is UPS gonna tell me my address is wrong or doesn't exist when they're the only ones that have had a problem delivering AND they've delivered me a package at this address in the past?

Jesus fucking Christ.

How is UPS gonna tell me my address is wrong or doesn't exist when they're the only ones that have had a problem delivering AND they've delivered me a package at this address in the past?

Jesus fucking Christ.

how is your address wrong or doesn't exist when you live there. is it imaginary?

Silky

Banned
I'm glad I got out of the 'everything is shit' mentality because it made me miss out on a lot of good films/music/games/comics. But it's to the point now where everything just looks cool to me. :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so cynical and bitter I think all hype is dumb. Watch things, play them, just think "overrated."

Avoid the hype machine.

I know what I'm interested in and just buy it when it comes out. Otherwise I just get into what people around me are playing.

Basically i enjoyed games alot more once I stopped keeping up with all of them prerelease. I never did that with movies to begin with so I can enjoy anything.

witcher series is more game of thrones-esque than any other game series out at the moment. so it's cool they got tywin to voice a character in here.

none of that goofy black and white shit that bioware's been driving the industry with.

Posted one of my old favorite articles in the daily Racism thread.

http://www.newsweek.com/even-babies-discriminate-nurtureshock-excerpt-79233

I'd recommend all of you read it. It's damn fascinating. No really.

So what you're saying is many parents are scared to talk about racism.

Not shocking and that's pretty much echoed in all the race threads on GAF. It makes many people hilariously uncomfortable, some to the point they start to blurt out how they REALLY feel.

Top Bottom