• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
witcher series is more game of thrones-esque than any other game series out at the moment. so it's cool they got tywin to voice a character in here.

none of that goofy black and white shit that bioware's been driving the industry with.

Mass Effect's gray areas were awesome when they were... there.

Its a shame you could really go after them all the way on a second or even third playthrough though. Going full paragon then swerving with full renegade produced some of the best shit in the series. Or hell, Shep / Jack entirely.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
GvkIGDT.gif

first time I've legitimately laughed in the funny pics thread in a while

Mass Effect's gray areas were awesome when they were... there.

Its a shame you could really go after them all the way on a second or even third playthrough though. Going full paragon then swerving with full renegade produced some of the best shit in the series. Or hell, Shep / Jack entirely.

Full renegade Shepard list of possible acts is something that would make Luthor proud.

People fucked up when they expected a great story out of an entertaining one.

Shit was straight out of the 80s. But no. That wasn't good enough for some people.

I understand the Mass Effect hate, I just don't agree with it. The series as a whole is fantastic.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hi, Mumei. I've been annoyed since yesterday amidst all the stuff that transpired the past couple of days. Is it permissible on GAF to have a pattern of clearly racist posts (short of saying the usual slurs) that span months/years? I see people get reprimanded in Gaming for doing less -- several repeat offenses of being annoying in console wars/sales threads. I'm trying to make sense on why the more serious one is sometimes allowed to persist. We seem to be quick about dealing with the stupidly obvious Nazi/Klan-type posters, but not the "smarter," stealthier O'Reilly/Limbaugh/Beck types.

I'm not allowed to speak to mods anymore (too aggressive). Can someone forward this?

Y'all hatin on mass effect now?

I always "hated" it. I played through all of them so when I post my negative views on the series the people who take video games too seriously can miss me with the "did you even play it bro?" nonsense.

People fucked up when they expected a great story out of an entertaining one.

Seems like most people enjoyed it, but felt fucked that ultimately none of their decisions mattered. And really I can't even be mad about them in a RPG that was suppose to be about "choice". It made their choices feel irrelevant; it's like creating a character in a game then half way through the game your custom character gets replaced by a default character.

Gattsu25

Banned
Jado, keep doing the lord's work.
I'm still a victim of hype, wouldn't have bought Bioshock Infinite otherwise.

Same here. Still, I love both of the previous Witcher games. They're both eurojank but the second is much more of a solid polished offering (still has some weird annoyances). I'm really looking forward to the third.

J10

Banned
For some odd reason I never been a fan of the Mass Effort series. Seem like a game right up my ally too.

I liked the first one. Second one stripped away all the stuff I liked and it wasn't really an RPG anymore, so I skipped 3. Not that I mind it being mostly an action game, I just don't think that was the best aspect of it.

Jado

Banned
Needs to headshot some bruhs in the MRA thread tbh.

I'm not very well-read nor post as much as some of the others who uphold shit around here. I don't know how Angelus does it, keeping up with all the threads, for example. Or Mumei casually smacking people with encyclopedias of knowledge. Someone comes in saying "lol black ppl" "lol feminist bitches," and you gotta spend x10 more time/energy shutting them down. It's exhausting and sad.

I'm not very well-read nor post as much as some of the others who uphold shit around here. I don't know how Angelus does it, keeping up with all the threads, for example. Or Mumei casually smacking people with encyclopedias of knowledge. Someone comes in saying "lol black ppl" "lol feminist bitches," and you gotta spend x10 more time/energy shutting them down. It's exhausting and sad.

Makes discussions focus on derails or the lowest common denominator crap that's for sure. They build blacks and women out of straw and we're supposed to pretend they're in the flesh.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Your methods are flawless. :3

mang keep ya thang breh. That's all I can really say.

Jado

Banned
Makes discussions focus on derails or the lowest common denominator crap that's for sure. They build blacks and women out of straw and we're supposed to pretend they're in the flesh.

I have done my part occasionally and defended the Tropes videos on Gaming forum, more women and ethnic minority representation in games, etc. That side of GAF is kinda wilder/more hostile in a way.

Man, Zoe looks like she's sick in every GoTG trailer. Obviously she's green, but always looks like she has bags under her eyes. I they have yet to make Draxx look cool

Silky

Banned
Man, Zoe looks like she's sick in every GoTG trailer. Obviously she's green, but always looks like she has bags under her eyes. I they have yet to make Draxx look cool

Well to begin with Drax isn't too much of a 'cool character' by him self. Batista being cast as him isn't doing any favors either

Top Bottom