• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

So I'm watching Spring Breakers…I'm not sure what I'm watching. Shit is like "The story of affluent white girls bored of college life" or some shit. Like this entire movie is lost on me completely.

Trey

So I'm watching Spring Breakers…I'm not sure what I'm watching. Shit is like "The story of affluent white girls bored of college life" or some shit. Like this entire movie is lost on me completely.

It was okay. It confused me. Gucci was surprisingly a welcome side character. The girls weren't attractive enough for me to really get into the raunchy, unrestrained setting. Selena Gomez was constantly killing the vibe and the director's daughter was just there.

I'm flipping through this Marvel encyclopedia-esque book and come across some dude named Gauntlet. I didn't know ripped black man with robot arms was such a well represented lane.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It was okay. It confused me. Gucci was surprisingly a welcome side character. The girls weren't attractive enough for me to really get into the raunchy, unrestrained setting. Selena Gomez was constantly killing the vibe and the director's daughter was just there.

I'm flipping through this Marvel encyclopedia-esque book and come across some dude named Gauntlet. I didn't know ripped black man with robot arms was such a well represented lane.

Black cyborgs are a staple.

When one of the girls got shot is it wrong that my first response was "you're white! Go to a hospital. No one is going to think you were gangbanging!"

I dunno this movie feels like the poor man's version of "Better Luck Tomorrow"

AfroMW

As with all members I have said a prayer for you. Remember to drink water, take an aspirin and by all means stay your ass at the house. If you must drive, ensure that the designated driver is someone trustworthy before you dive in too goddamn deep.

"Actiones nostras, quaesumus Domine, aspirando praeveni et adiuvando prosequere: ut cuncta nosta oratio et operatio a te semper incipiat et per ta coepta finiatur. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen."

Got back safe, taking the advice for water and asprin. Now headin to bed, thanks for advice and prayers. Man Jamaican rum hits hard when you least expect it.

Village

When one of the girls got shot is it wrong that my first response was "you're white! Go to a hospital. No one is going to think you were gangbanging!"

I dunno this movie feels like the poor man's version of "Better Luck Tomorrow"

The movie from what I explained supposed to be a weird outside look on that type of culture, many reviewers hold it to be something young people will remember for years and years to come.

I feel alot of those reviewers understand 1 type of young person , while the movie is fine. The there are plenty of other movies that define the folly of youth for a younger generation than that. I think superbad, regardless what you think seth rogen movies, does a WAY better job at that.

However Spring breakers has a riff raff clone, so take that as you will

Slayven

But he got his ass beat

Went to the Daley concert last night with my lady. The second he opened his mouth, not a dry pair of panties. Never heard a collective of females screaming so hard since... never.

It's probably the hair and their need to run a comb through it.

Caught up with the insider non insider dude.

I guess cleansing one of shame, you gotta take that hara kiri L. We working on that bushido code level of honor/shame huh?

And as long as spin dash doesn't do ice zone from sonic 3, don't care. Don't ruin my favorite track in the whole series.

DominoKid

I thought that was the directors wife...

oh and Spider-Man

10-02-2013-052535PM.jpg
Slinging the race web from the bottom of the web cartridge.

Has anyone here with a PS4 played any multiplayer games? If so, how is the online compared to games on the PS3?

Everything is better. Like the difference between chicken and waffles for breakfast and dry oatmeal.

Its ironic didn't she fuck up wade's relationship with his wife?

I remember some rumors, but all of the articles said DWade's wife went crazy after the divorce. Not Vivica on 50 crazy, like "My reality is altered" crazy.
Realities of being a sports star's wife, I guess.

Top Bottom