• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Kelsdesu

Been reading up on the Harlem Renaissance and the likes of Eric Walrond and Claude Mckay among others.. Got me feeling some type of way.

finally starting Walking Dead S7 ep1 on netflix (lol yes im late!), that whole episode man, fuck
i knew about the 2 deaths but fuck that was an ugly way to die :(, Ive never read the comics but is Negan even more fucked in the head in there?

New southpark game gets harder if you select the black character?

Wtf. This shit aint a game, nor funny.

I bet the people who came up with the "clever" idea are still patting themselves on the back to this day. So glad I have no interest in that franchise. I'm certainly not looking forward to my YT Subscription list being full of Let's Plays of it when it comes out though. Might be nice to cull my subscription list by watching which Let's Players legitimately think that that joke is funny or clever in any way.

Anyone seen IT yet? Thought it was just plain fine. Definitely a better horror film than a lot of the churned out fare we usually get but that's about it. The kids and the new Pennywise were good but I still hate that the black kid seems like a third wheel particularly development wise (or 7th wheel in this case). By far the thing I hated the most and really makes me second guess wanting to see it again is
how they talk about and characterize the main girl as someone who's not a sex object but there are some very uncomfortable shots they take of her at one point that kneecaps that characterization.

I did misunderstand. Sorry.

There's a new horror film that's just come out, also called Mother. I thought you were talking about that.

2009 Mother is good though. The Aronofsky movie I'm also interested in I just really don't trust JLaw to entertain me anymore. It's weird. Really hoping she brings her A-game for it.

LotusHD

Banned
DJQJSWUU8AAr3sj

https://twitter.com/johnmayer/status/906299502826405888

The man stopped posting ��

I noticed some people warn her that he doesn't like black women, so I did some quick sleuthing to see what that was all about. Apparently a couple of years ago, he said this when asked if black women throw themselves at him:

"I don't think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a fuckin' David Duke cock. I'm going to start dating separately from my dick."

Did not expect that D:

He also said some other... things, but yea.

TheSun

I've got a hot health tip for all you guys out there.

Listen up: after a long hard day of physically demanding hard work you may get a rash down there, which is no fun.

Now when applying the proper treatment, make sure it is absolutely anything but goldbond foot powder. It'll hurt, a lot. Especially when baby powder is close by.

Johndoey

Banned
It was good, takes a hit in the last act. The main cast is great; Skarsgard especially, really knocks it out of the park. A few fantastic musical references and a cute reference to something specific to the book.

Listen up: after a long hard day of physically demanding hard work you may get a rash down there, which is no fun.

Now when applying the proper treatment, make sure it is absolutely anything but goldbond foot powder. It'll hurt, a lot. Especially when baby powder is close by.

I never liked the feeling that gold bond brought. Baby powder all the way.

andthebeatgoeson

I noticed some people warn her that he doesn't like black women, so I did some quick sleuthing to see what that was all about. Apparently a couple of years ago, he said this when asked if black women throw themselves at him:

Did not expect that D:

He also said some other... things, but yea.
And didn't he say some sly shit to an older black woman? Fuck that dude.

andthebeatgoeson

Get rid of the powder so no girls get ovarian cancer. Who knows what it'll do to you. *tinhat on*

Just shower, then air dry.

*Tinhat off*

Johndoey

Banned
Buy a Swtch and depending on how much you like stamina management, faux mute protagonists, disappointing boss battles, and grunting, buy Zelda.

D i Z

Mornin' all.

From all I've been watching Destiny 2 is worth it. I've been back on 1 because I'm feeling left out.

Sch1sm

Buy a Swtch and depending on how much you like stamina management, faux mute protagonists, disappointing boss battles, and grunting, buy Zelda.

Alternatively, no one buy a Switch for juuuuust Zelda only to let it collect dust for months. Looking at you, Crimson. Smh.

Slayven

Reading the company potluck threat had my crying laughing and wincing in remembrance all at once.
I use to work with a lady that had 3456677 cats, come in smelling like cat and covered in cat hair. She was forever trying to bring in food. Folks be using all the excuses

Top Bottom