• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

andthebeatgoeson

That's where i started out at and because i have no interest in playing it, fuck those guys. They have no credibility for me and it was probably a developer and since Matt and Trey have no skin in the game, probably shrugged their shoulders and/or thought it would be clever.

Probably, likely to get some criticism and get upset and patch it out for some alt right commentary to show the 'SJW' who's really the boss.

We got an air frier back during Christmas and it's barely been used since, so I've been trying to figure out a good method to do homestyle chips lately:

coF7Th.png

Faustek

We got an air frier back during Christmas and it's barely been used since, so I've been trying to figure out a good method to do homestyle chips lately:

Those air fryers the "healthy" kinda thing? Like less oil or something? How do they affect the taste? Anyway, looks good.

That's where i started out at and because i have no interest in playing it, fuck those guys. They have no credibility for me and it was probably a developer and since Matt and Trey have no skin in the game, probably shrugged their shoulders and/or thought it would be clever.

Probably, likely to get some criticism and get upset and patch it out for some alt right commentary to show the 'SJW' who's really the boss.

"Leave Politics out of my South Park Game"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
NYT - The Awakening of Colin Kaepernick

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/sports/colin-kaepernick-nfl-protests.html

The standout college quarterback went to the meeting alone that winter night, looking to join. The fraternity brothers at Kappa Alpha Psi, a predominantly black fraternity with a small chapter at the University of Nevada, knew who he was. He was a tall, lean, biracial junior, less than a year from graduating with a business degree.

”When he came and said he had interest in joining the fraternity, I kind of looked at him like, ‘Yeah, O.K.,'" said Olumide Ogundimu, one of the members. ”I didn't take it seriously. I thought: ‘You're the star quarterback. What are you still missing that you're looking for membership into our fraternity?'"

His name was Colin Kaepernick, and what he was looking for, Ogundimu and others discovered, was a deeper connection to his own roots and a broader understanding of the lives of others.

Seven years later, now 29, Kaepernick is the most polarizing figure in American sports. Outside of politics, there may be nobody in popular culture at this complex moment so divisive and so galvanizing, so scorned and so appreciated.

Living mostly in New York, Kaepernick has stayed out of the spotlight, friends said, because he wants the conversation to be not about him, but about the issues he has raised. (He declined several requests to speak to The New York Times for this article.) That is why he will, reportedly, stand for the anthem this season, if he joins a team.

Among those who will play this weekend is Brandon Marshall, a linebacker for the Denver Broncos. He was a teammate of Kaepernick's at Nevada, and it was his idea to join the fraternity. He was not sure Kaepernick would do it with him.

”He actually showed up to the meeting before me," Marshall said in an interview this week. ”He's like: ‘Where you at? I'm here.' He was real prompt. I was like, O.K., Colin's serious about it."

Kaepernick's curiosity and worldview were expanding, growing inside him rather quietly. No one knew then that he would become one of the league's most thrilling players or that he would lead a team to the Super Bowl just a couple of years later. And they certainly did not expect that he would make even more noise with a now-famous silent gesture.

”Being part of that fraternity opens you to a new world," Ogundimu said.
”I would not doubt that it is where he started becoming either more curious about his own background, or where he just started seeing more things — just realized that things weren't always so easy for the rest of us."

It was in Reno that Kaepernick's potential as a quarterback was realized, and where his curiosity in African-American history and culture began to foment, mostly as he met teammates with vastly different experiences from his growing up.

”I saw him transform, develop, whatever you want to call it," said John Bender, an offensive lineman during Kaepernick's tenure and a frequent classmate. ”Finding an identity was big for him, because in some aspects in life, he would get the racist treatment from white people because he was a black quarterback. And some people gave him the racist treatment because he was raised by a white family. So where does he fit in in all this?"

Kaepernick was a starter for most of four seasons. He became the first N.C.A.A. player to throw for more than 10,000 yards and rush for more than 4,000 yards. He scored 60 touchdowns and threw 82 more. In 2010, Kaepernick's final collegiate season, Nevada went 13-1, beat No. 3 Boise State in overtime and finished No. 11 in The Associated Press poll at season's end.

He never loved the attention that came with the success, but he was deft and polished with the media, willing to do interviews and quick to share credit for successes. He was the rare player who never needed training in dealing with the media. Kaepernick said his father instilled in him the importance of manners and the proper way to conduct himself in front of others.

Kaepernick excelled as a student. He graduated with a degree in business management. Some wondered when he slept.

When he showed up at Kappa Alpha Psi, members figured that Kaepernick would quit once he saw the commitment required: the time, the rituals, the community service, the all-night study sessions of the fraternity's history and liturgy. Marshall said that his own schoolwork suffered during the semester, but Kaepernick maintained perfect grades.

”The process is not easy," said Ogundimu, now a case manager for a rehabilitation hospital in Las Vegas. ”It's definitely something that will shine a light on your weaknesses and shine a light on your strengths. He was all strength."

Kappa Alpha Psi, which says it has 120,000 members, has thrown its support behind Kaepernick, writing a letter to N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell and joining a pro-Kaepernick demonstration at league headquarters recently.

Kaepernick shared his personal story to campers in Chicago.

”I love my family to death," he said, according to Dave Zirin of The Nation. ”They're the most amazing people I know. But when I looked in the mirror, I knew I was different. Learning what it meant to be an African man in America, not a black man but an African man, was critical for me. Through this knowledge, I was able to identify myself and my community differently."

He explained that he was giving the campers a kit to test their own DNA, to better understand their background, The Nation reported.

”I thought I was from Milwaukee," Kaepernick said. ”I thought my ancestry started at slavery and I was taught in school that we were all supposed to be grateful just because we aren't slaves. But what I was able to do was trace my ancestry and DNA lineage back to Ghana, Nigeria, the Ivory Coast, and saw my existence was more than just being a slave. It was as an African man. We had our own civilizations, and I want you to know how high the ceiling is for our people. I want you to know that our existence now is not normal. It's oppressive. For me, identifying with Africa gave me a higher sense of who I was, knowing that we have a proud history and are all in this together."

andthebeatgoeson

Hahahahhahahahahha

*takes breath*

AhahHahHahHahahahhahaha

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/gen...s-indicted-for-forging-us-citizenship-papers/

Bitch plz

Tabatha Licorice has a great great grand pappy who was indicted for being an illegal immigrant and forging his papers. Fuck this mayonnaise bitch. We should have deported his ass a long time ago.

An amateur genealogist says that she has found evidence that right-wing pundit Tomi Lahren’s great-grandfather was indicted by a grand jury for forging his citizenship papers.

In an essay published at Wonkette.com, Jennifer Mendelsohn said that Lahren’s remarks about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program prompted her to action.

On Wednesday Lahren tweeted, “We are indeed a nation of immigrants. We are also a nation of laws. Respect our laws and we welcome you. If not, bye. #DACA.”

“I was curious how long it would take me to hit an immigrant if I dug into the tree of Tomi Lahren, the platinum blonde, snowflake-hating ultra-conservative firebrand recently hired by Fox News. The answer was ‘not long,'” Mendelsohn wrote, “but I never expected to hit pay dirt quite like I did.”

Constantin Dietrich was born in Odessa, Russia in 1887, according to his obituary. He immigrated to the United States at the age of 18 in 1905. He went before a North Dakota grand jury in May of 1917 for violations of the Naturalization Act of 1906.

Mendelsohn wrote, “The grand jurors accused him of swearing falsely to the date of his declaration, and of altering the original papers (‘with a knife or steel eraser or other instrument unknown to the Grand Jurors’) to make it look like his declaration of intention to become a citizen had been executed in 1911 rather than 1909, apparently because he’d let too much time elapse before completing the naturalization process.”

Ultimately, the jurors took pity on Dietrich and acquitted him of the charges. Mendelsohn said that he went on to become a citizen in 1926, ensuring that “90-odd years later, his great-great-grandaughter would be here to compare the Black Lives Matter movement to the KKK and to inadvertently admit that the right keeps hammering on Hillary’s emails to distract from the Russia investigation.”

And they let his ass go. Mighty fine privilege ya got there.

Those air fryers the "healthy" kinda thing? Like less oil or something? How do they affect the taste? Anyway, looks good.

It's a little misleading - they're marketed as "healthy deep fryer alternatives" that require minimal oil. Technically they bake stuff rather than frying it, so they're like convection toaster ovens that work a little faster and produce less heat at the cost of having less options and generally being bulkier than a toaster oven. In my experience, it's perfect for "frying" quick and dirty, less-than-healthy stuff like gyoza, frozen vegetables, or fries, but when it comes to things like actual vegetables or fish you're better off just using an oven.

The texture's not 1:1 with fried foods (it's a more gradated transition from soft-inside to crunchy-outside as opposed to it being a binary switch), but I haven't noticed a huge change with the taste. I can get away with using a tablespoon of oil for two potatoes using the air fryer, and even then it's not as much about improving the cooking so much as it is getting the seasoning to stick.

andthebeatgoeson

Skittles

Oh man, gaming is pretty fucked at this rate. The heavy normalization of gross ass business practices has reached an all time high. People just don't give a shit as long as they find the game fun(overwatvh, pubg, destiny, etc). Or get super defensive when someone calls the practices shit. It's gonna be at least half a decade before legislation does shit either.

Mizerman

"It's about ethics in South Park."

Faustek

Anyone seen Waldo around?

All my respect to Kaepernick. I did not know how much he had donated to grass rot organizations. That was a really good article. I real good one.

Hahahahhahahahahha

The difference is that she is white. Wonder if she will ever realise that?

It's a little misleading - they're marketed as "healthy deep fryer alternatives" that require minimal oil. Technically they bake stuff rather than frying it, so they're like convection toaster ovens that work a little faster and produce less heat at the cost of having less options and generally being bulkier than a toaster oven. In my experience, it's perfect for "frying" quick and dirty, less-than-healthy stuff like gyoza, frozen vegetables, or fries, but when it comes to things like actual vegetables or fish you're better off just using an oven.

The texture's not 1:1 with fried foods (it's a more gradated transition from soft-inside to crunchy-outside as opposed to it being a binary switch), but I haven't noticed a huge change with the taste. I can get away with using a tablespoon of oil for two potatoes using the air fryer, and even then it's not as much about improving the cooking so much as it is getting the seasoning to stick.

Hahahahhahahahahha

*takes breath*

AhahHahHahHahahahhahaha

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/gen...s-indicted-for-forging-us-citizenship-papers/

Bitch plz

Tabatha Licorice has a great great grand pappy who was indicted for being an illegal immigrant and forging his papers. Fuck this mayonnaise bitch. We should have deported his ass a long time ago.

tumblr_mpbpmmpDUm1r19x0ko1_250.gif

If this isn't the sweetest of things lol. Make a thread..

cinco

IT was pretty good. Not "scary" naturally - but the movie doesn't let up. Either Pennywise was on that ass or the kids were getting bullied. The kids didn't get a break lol.

And yes - there will be a sequel.

Be weary about that credit bureau fiasco. They are trying to make you pay a service after the first year.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59b2dae8e4b0b5e531062976?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

They fuck up then try to scam you. I won't do it.

And that fat fuck Limbaugh evacuated. Guess that myth got to him. Hopefully he never returns, fucking crack head.

I have a lot of questions about that credit thing. Been seeing a bunch of links to enroll in something that low key opts you out of a class action lawsuit.

Top Bottom