• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Soooo....Black America vs Confederate, fam. That's where we are now. I'll watch both but Confederate....I'm just tired of seeing oppression on screen.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I ain't paying a lick of attention of Confederate and all the dipshit white bros on here going "Uhhhhhhh i don't like this but I like Confederate more because uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, reasons" can miss me with that bullshit. They always think no one can see right through their bs.

Village

DGBNpl9XcAALUQr.jpg

Why my man look like and dressed like he see the dude who owe him 20 dollars

I ain't paying a lick of attention of Confederate and all the dipshit white bros on here going "Uhhhhhhh i don't like this but I like Confederate more because uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, reasons" can miss me with that bullshit. They always think no one can see right through their bs.

"We haven't even seen a script yet??? What's the outrage for then???????"

Fuck em all.

Yep, they ain't fooling no one with their stupid ass nonsense. Not a soul.

Mizerman

Damn right.

Watch show by the guys that made "rape as a plot device" a national dialogue about slavery.

Or watch a show by the man that made the Boondocks and Black Jesus about a post reparations world wherein black Americans are the real global power.

Hmmmm.

Decisions decisions.

Okay guys, question.

You now have the ability to learn magic, what type of magic would you go for? And what would you do with it?

I would go with some healing, a bit of defensive, add some illusion and top it off with a few lessons in destruction magic. Be a well rounded magic user and just help people when I can.

Okay guys, question.

You now have the ability to learn magic, what type of magic would you go for? And what would you do with it?

I would go with some healing, a bit of defensive, add some illusion and top it off with a few lessons in destruction magic. Be a well rounded magic user and just help people when I can.
Blood magic.

Okay guys, question.

Good ole fashion voodoo

Blood magic.

Hey now! Best be careful that stuff didn't help Khal Drogo

cdyhybrid

Okay guys, question.

Arcane. Seems like the most useful in everyday life while also being powerful enough to make big differences. Also minimal side effects provided proper usage.

Holy and Nature as backups.

Order

Okay guys, question.

Do Stands count as magic? If so Crazy Diamond magic

BlackJace

Okay guys, question.

Illusory magic seems really useful.

But for now, I'd just be bulletproof

Bronx-Man

Banned
Okay guys, question.

I'd probably focus on transfiguration & teleportation. Basic healing & defense as well to get me out of any jams.

Man, now I feel like reading Harry Potter over again.

Malyse

Everyone is aware that there will be at least one black Master with white slaves in Confederate and that will be what everyone holds up as the show being "daringly progressive", yes? We are all aware of this?
Oh and at least one romance between Master and Slave (could be master's child and slave).

Beefy

Everyone is aware that there will be at least one black Master with white slaves in Confederate and that will be what everyone holds up as the show being "daringly progressive", yes? We are all aware of this?

And at least one female slave owner that falls in love with a slave

Blood magic.

Note to self: If magic existed, watch out for Jandro.

Good ole fashion voodoo

Hey now! Best be careful that stuff didn't help Khal Drogo

Voodoo magic would be interesting

Arcane. Seems like the most useful in everyday life while also being powerful enough to make big differences. Also minimal side effects provided proper usage.

Holy and Nature as backups.

Hmm, nice.

Do Stands count as magic? If so Crazy Diamond magic

Punch things to fix them, legit.

Illusory magic seems really useful.

But for now, I'd just be bulletproof

Wouldn't we all want to be bulletproof?

I'd probably focus on transfiguration & teleportation. Basic healing & defense as well to get me out of any jams.

Man, now I feel like reading Harry Potter over again.

Damn, how did I forget about mobility options for magic? Teleportation or levitation would be perfect.

TheSun

Okay guys, question.

Shape shifting.

Like, I could troll people by turning into a celebrity, or movie studios will hire me to play young actors or historical figures..

I could do so much, man.

Malyse

Okay guys, question.

Full control over time conscious and subconscious. It's literally the only power I need to be wholly invincible. Get shot at? Reverse time so it never happens. OR make time stop on my skin so it's impenetrable. OR increase the passage of time on the bullet so it decays into dust. OR stop time for all but myself and walk the fuck away. Control time and I could control the world within a week.

Full control over time conscious and subconscious. It's literally the only power I need to be wholly invincible. Get shot at? Reverse time so it never happens. OR make time stop on my skin so it's impenetrable. OR increase the passage of time on the bullet so it decays into dust. OR stop time for all but myself and walk the fuck away. Control time and I could control the world within a week.

Damn. That would be a clever application of Time magic. And terrifying.

Mizerman

Somehow, I believe this.

Loudninja

Oh and at least one romance between Master and Slave (could be master's child and slave).
We will several rich black slave masters that get together on the weekends or some shit

Soooo....Black America vs Confederate, fam. That's where we are now. I'll watch both but Confederate....I'm just tired of seeing oppression on screen.

Came right into BCT to discuss this bullshit. The fact that they think a show were Black people secured their freedom from institutional racism is the same as if they were never free from the bondage of slavery.

I just cant accept all this white privilege/fragility.
I long for the day when Oprah, Diddy, Jay-Z, Old Man Russ and Barack all get together and launch their own version of Netflix.

We would have the premiere 90s shows like Martin, Fresh Prince, Cosby, A different world etc.

And projects reminiscent of Queen Sugar, Insecure, How To Get Away, Black America and Dear White People get greenlighted frequently with competitive budgets.

Im tired of having to rely on white people throwing us a bone.

Came right into BCT to discuss this bullshit. The fact that they think a show were Black people secured their freedom from institutional racism is the same as if they were never free from the bondage of slavery.

I just cant accept all this white privilege/fragility.
I long for the day when Oprah, Diddy, Jay-Z, Old Man Russ and Barack all get together and launch their own version of Netflix.

We would have the premiere 90s shows like Martin, Fresh Prince, Cosby, A different world etc.

And projects reminiscent of Queen Sugar, Insecure, How To Get Away, Black America and Dear White People get greenlighted frequently with competitive budgets.

Im tired of having to rely on white people throwing us a bone.
We all need to see Black Panther 5 times in theater so these fucks get the message that black stories can be more than "we slaves" and "we gangsters". Give me black sci-fi. Give me afrofuturism, black mystery movies, black romances, black dramas that don't involve criminality.

So many god damn stories and ideas to use, let people use them.

Shy

Mornin' everyone.
Morning all.
Afternoon fam
Mornin' all.
Good afternoon, fam.
Evening chums.
Yeps.
You know what the funny thing is.

Even though we all know this is going to be coming. It's still gonna be depressing to see how truly barrel scraping it it.

We all need to see Black Panther 5 times in theater so these fucks get the message that black stories can be more than "we slaves" and "we gangsters". Give me black sci-fi. Give me afrofuturism, black mystery movies, black romances, black dramas that don't involve criminality.

Why stop there? Give us black animation that doesn't have white folks voicing the main character (Cleveland show).

OH MY FUCKING GOSH YESSS! You and me are in tune!

You know what would be a sick premise. Two best friends one white, one black ages 25-30, discover a time machine and get to pick out any point in time they can travel to.

The white dude being a huge 90s hip hop head chooses to travel back to the 90s to see BIG and Pac live.

The black friend travels back in time, to stop the Atlantic Slave trade. His intervention causes repercussions where the roles of Black people and white people are reversed.

Like keep everything the same. Cop killings, White Lives Matters, Rodney King? Nah you must mean Eric Matthews.

His Black friend has also made sure his family/ancestors/descendents are treated as The Royal Family after successfully conquering England and the Americas.

Can a nigga get a co-sign?

One can dream...

Now I really want a black netflix. But with shows that are created by black folks, for black folks. And they go with every genre, action, sci fi, mystery, fantasy, etc. I bet there hundreds of people out who have incredible show ideas with black cast lined up and ready to go, but they will never get a chance in the spotlight because Hollywood or media in general. Truly a shame.

Now I really want a black netflix. But with shows that are created by black folks, for black folks. And they go with every genre, action, sci fi, mystery, fantasy, etc. I bet there hundreds of people out who have incredible show ideas with black cast lined up and ready to go, but they will never get a chance in the spotlight because Hollywood or media in general. Truly a shame.

My Nigga

Top Bottom