• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

Would the rest of the world fuck with a slavery holding country, I mean a overt slavery holding one?

I mean, for the longest they were, and low key they supported it by supporting the goods for export, and providing imports to keep the slave labor going to the islands. One Queen said "nah, I'm not cool with this" and everyone else said outwardly that they weren't either, but they wanted the products.

D i Z

Also, consider that the world would soon enough go through every single war over resources. Including the two big ones.

Remember Eternal Champions?

Heard it, never played it. Watched some gameplay and thought it was a beat fighter with gory executions.

No. I mean, How does it actually happen? Give me your reasoning and not just the fear mongering. Tell me how, and why. Work a little bit with the concept and tell me how you would do it.

We already know that they wouldn't arm their economic mules en masse on their own territory (for a lot of reasons) so that doesn't work.

Well, let's see. I'm a bit rusty on my history but I think it would have to be something nobody would expect, something that would take people off guard. So, it would involve the battle of Gettysburg and Lincoln being assassinated in his bed while the battle is on. The news causes morale to drop like a stone but the men keep fighting. Soon, the Union loses Gettysburg and then the domino effect happens and soon, the confederate win the war. And with the messages of the confederacy winning, along with a speech from the confederate general, the hopes of freedom disappear completely from slaves. Hope is lost. Cue title.

I'm so glad this isn't real. Alt history scares me though, the sheer thought that it could've happened is scary.

Faustek

Morning beautiful people.

Yepp. Your parents gave you a name. It's often good enough.
And never ever take anyone with a verb in their so called name.

Necromancy, awaken everyone who has ever been murdered and set them upon their murderers and yes this means deaths due to pollution as well.
Or chaos magic and just set the world ablaze when I get tired of idiots... We talked about this. I'm not to be trusted with power. In the end I would get way to tired of people being shit and decide to end it all... But that's if I can't delegate the responsibility of making the world better to someone else while I rest and then come back and help once more.

D i Z

Heard it, never played it. Watched some gameplay and thought it was a beat fighter with gory executions.

Well, let's see. I'm a bit rusty on my history but I think it would have to be something nobody would expect, something that would take people off guard. So, it would involve the battle of Gettysburg and Lincoln being assassinated in his bed while the battle is on. The news causes morale to drop like a stone but the men keep fighting. Soon, the Union loses Gettysburg and then the domino effect happens and soon, the confederate win the war. And with the messages of the confederacy winning, along with a speech from the confederate general, the hopes of freedom disappear completely from slaves. Hope is lost. Cue title.

I'm so glad this isn't real. Alt history scares me though, the sheer thought that it could've happened is scary.

That is some tv ass tv for sure. I could see them doing that and hand waving lone man Lincoln getting got as that same old narrative to undermine the southern economy, and ignoring all of the others pressing to unify the nation. I think you might have nailed a good portion of what they would do with this.

That is some tv ass tv for sure. I could see them doing that and hand waving lone man Lincoln getting got as that same old narrative to undermine the southern economy, and ignoring all of the others pressing to unify the nation. I think you might have nailed a good portion of what they would do with this.

I'm just still shocked that this show is a thing. Good to know black america will exist, sounds like a good show and with MacGruder, I think it'll do well. I wonder what a black america would look like, if you sick our best and brightest to turn a landmass into something we can all be proud of, what style would it take, architecture wise over the years and where would it end up?

Faustek

Lightning_Roller, that assumes that the slaves would lose their morale as well and stop their fighting. I can't see them stopping no matter what.

And a early morning to you too, fam.

Yepp, been weird these past days. Sleep like... Baby times and wake up at baby times but don't go back to sleep 😅

The Confederacy historic end game was English or French intervention. It was never viable in any way. But that was the end game.

Even then, the only reason France wanted to support the Confederacy was because the U.S. supported an independent Mexico over France's puppet regime at the time, and Napoleon III thought a divided U.S. would be easier for him to establish control over Mexico and reestablish a French empire in the Americas, while in the UK it was nobles trying to fend off giving more control to the commoners (who overwhelming opposed slavery and supported the Union, there's even a statue of Lincoln in Manchester to this day) and the House of Commons.

How viable? Close to happening or Viktor's mixtape?

Not very viable due to distaste for slavery in both countries amongst the majority of their populations, and the fact that there were other sources of cotton that the British began to take advantage of in their colonies. The victories at Antietam and Gettysburg more or less sealed the deal.

Its starting to feel like history class all over again.

And now an idea popped into my head for a series of educational games with BCT members teaching various things.

Slayven teaches Comic History

PV teaches music

So on and so forth.

Faustek

Btw, this Nick Cannon movie. King of the Dancehall, anything good? Got a bit weirded out by the trailer. Always assumed Rihanna was more from a soca background than Dancehall. Still wanna watch it tho.

Looking at Timesplitters Future Perfect Multiplayer and realizing I need this game. What other game allows me to play as a machine gun wielding gingerbread man?

Faustek

Ooh, I can teach about whiskey that makes your waste smell like tar. The best whiskey.
Or how to drink to much so stupid things happen also how to soak a lot of damage during dumb ass brawls.... All stupid things.

Stupid things while drunk 101.

FeenixRising, how to live that IG model life while dodging child support.

And what would I teach?

Crimson_Gold, how to take down FeenixRising and self defense classes against FeenixRising. Also Slander(trust me that one is good).

Sc1sm, that Henny life.

Lightning_Roller, imagination.

Hero Prinny, how to dance. Badly but still being proud of where you from.

Shy, how to behave like a proper person. I need this course from time to time.

Beefy, hiding bodies. Need this as well... Soon.

Alligatorjandro, how to snitch and make money.

Artisan, how to not dodge the IRS.

And probably so much more. Wonder what you would be on paper after a full college course of this.

RedSwirl

That DA page I linked a while back had a story on the Confederacy winning. Her theory was having Bleeding Kansas end up a lot worse, leading to an overreaction sparking the Civil War while Buchanan is still in office. I forget what happens after, hold up...

Here we go: http://toixstory.deviantart.com/art/Heart-of-Dixie-392351173

Here's another map of the same timeline: http://toixstory.deviantart.com/art/Heart-of-Dixie-CSA-Map-393399985

Basically, the Confederacy ends up abolishing slavery anyway in 1871. A new political party rises up and brings up the idea as a way to break the cotton aristocracy, which tried to tighten its grip on the country in the face of competition from Egyptian and Indian cotton. The story is only plotted out until 1911 though.

Here is another timeline she started on the same subject: http://toixstory.deviantart.com/art/The-Two-Americas-682842207
Here, she actually has the Confederacy on the verge of a China or Russia-style civil war by 1900 due to massive wealth inequality. The running theme throughout both seems to be the power of the cotton aristocracy. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a major theme of the HBO series.

Another one I actually like a lot is a "Germans 'win' WWII" scenario that sets up a pretty interesting WWIII scenario: http://toixstory.deviantart.com/art/The-Nazi-Civil-War-Beginning-of-the-End-592575032

Here, the Germans don't "win" so much as avoid losing. Dunkirk doesn't go so well and the British have to negotiate peace, ending the western front early on and allowing Germany to dominate Continental Europe while Britain licks its wounds and prepares for eventual revenge. The twist here is that Pearl Harbor still happens on schedule, and the US commits its undivided attention to the Pacific and Asia, with no more Soviet Union to oppose it. As a result, you get US-friendly governments all throughout Asia, including China and what's left of the Russians in Siberia. After Hitler dies in 1965 the Nazi empire starts to crack, the different factions taking hold in different regions and on the verge of civil war. By this time, the Allies have Europe surrounded from Britain, Africa, and Asia, just waiting for the right time to invade.

Sch1sm

Zekes!

I know that after I broke up with my ex ya'll told me not to date coworkers

So am I fucking up by making plans to start watching Game of Thrones with another girl I work with this Friday

i am aren't I

Faustek

Sch1sm drinks henny filtered through moose hair

That's probably a thing. Coffee through horse hair is a thing and actually good.

The Canadian one, which has its faults but is still significantly better than most.

I’ve never seen a moose in my life.

Ahh yeah forgot your Canadian... Again. My bad.

Also what? I've kissed a moose and worse...

I know that after I broke up with my ex ya'll told me. It to date coworkers

So am I fucking up by making plans to start watching Game of Thrones with another girl I work with this Friday

i am aren't I

Just watching? And you both know it's just watching? Then cool if not then go to your kitchen, get a plate, dookie on it and start eating.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Where you're from -SLC, UT
Where you live - same as above, for now
What is your age? -24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - not really sure.
Do you know your roots - I know a little but I plan on looking more into it this year
Favorite musical genre -Hip hop, RnB, Metal, pretty much anything I'll give it a shot. Love me some Zapp and Rodger tho
Your profession/major/career interest - I work as an office manager for now.
Your religious affiliation - tried it but not for me.
Hobbies -Cooking, Reading, Rock Crawling, and wakeboarding.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Don't have a Bojangles or Churches in UT but I sure as hell ain't eating KFC so Popeyes.
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man and Black Panther
Anime or Nah? - I can stomach some but most I have to pass
Favorite sport and team? - Utah Jazz, 49ers, and A's
What's your favorite Disney movie? - The Lion King and Mulan
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Tomba and JRPG's for the most part.

Hope ya'll are having a great day, or night, or as well as it can be!

What is your age? -24
Do you know your roots - I know a little but I plan on looking more into it this year
Favorite musical genre -Hip hop, RnB, Metal, pretty much anything I'll give it a shot. Love me some Zapp and Rodger tho
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Don't have a Bojangles or Churches in UT but I sure as hell ain't eating KFC so Popeyes.
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Tomba and JRPG's for the most part.

Welcome.

Sch1sm

Don't they pull carriages over there?

Maybe. Don't quote me on that. I'm sure somewhere up north they're used for that.

I know that after I broke up with my ex ya'll told me. It to date coworkers

i am aren't I

DON'T DO IT.

23 and 24 Savage coming soon.

Ahh yeah forgot your Canadian... Again. My bad.

We're not the same as America. Never forget.

Doesn't mean you don't drink it

I'll admit I have had Henny, on an occasion. A single occasion.

Welcome.

LionPride

Banned
What is your age? -24
Marvel or DC? - Marvel

A nigga from Utah???????

Top Bottom