• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Great post Nips

Fuck, we need some black people poppin on the YouTube and Twitch game!

I wanted to ask, what to people look for in good gaming streams?

I mainly watch people play SFV so in those cases I'm just tuning in if the streamer is playing a character I want to learn more about.

What about you guys, what type of streams do you like and what would be needed to keep you coming back?

Gattsu25

Banned
Oh my gosh. I wasn't paying much attention to it before, but now with this I just have to vent and I'll speak through this.

I'm not sure what more I have to say about his Captain Hook ass built nose. It's just so funny that his nose is serving me samurai blade tease, but it couldn't cut through the bullshit that he's trying to serve us on these social media platforms. Pewdiepie has a history when it comes to being racist as hell and primary problematic and trash and not only that, he is the reason why YouTubers who made a living off of this shit have been having difficulty doing so recently because advertisers all of a sudden got scared to put ads on videos and it all stems to his ass being trash and a particular ad.

Like why the hell are our ads on his trash which has spawned racist problematic ass videos? Rita, we're cutting this shit. Pewdiepie is already a no no in my book. Okay, so if you turn to Chapter "You Tried It" page bitch you finna get dragged, you see a big-ass picture of Pewdiepie's beaver shaped head as in no matter how hard he tries to build a dam as I said, there's nothing that's going to stop this intense dragging that's coming his fucking way --- okay?

Pewdiepie loves to get his ass online and playing games and shit like that after he trashed his whole YouTube brand and got dropped by a whole bunch of motherfuckers he decided to switch platforms going to Twitch and keep doing that shit there. You know that shows no matter how trash and racist a white person can get they always have another option.and leave other people (pocs) in the dust.

So I'm scrolling on Twitter being gay as hell as it's known and like I'm doing right now and I'm scrolling and then I'm like Nipples, look at this and say "what's he got empty?" What more could he do because it's almost like you know chopping down all of the Amazon Forest. It's just like okay bruh what's left to be done? Like, you damaged everything you destroyed everything so what's the tea? Bruh, not only did he cut down all the trees in the Amazon Forest he decided to drop a nuclear bomb on that shit so the radiation will prevent anything from growing there ever. You thought that shit was bad before? Girl, listen to this shit now! He was just on Twitch playing motherfucking PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds shooting shit up "Oh shit I'm playing this game I lighting fuckers up" and then he gets a little bit frustrated, he got a bit, he got a bit frustrated from getting his shit rocked and says "oh fuck, oh fuck you fucking nigger!" and I'm talking about that shit came out so naturally like he says this shit on a daily casual basis on a debt.

It's not even like he showed no goddamn "oh shit' and even if, even if that was the case still would've been trash. But got damn bitch the way it slips out of your mouth is like me saying bitch or sis or something like that. Or bruh or honey, see it just comes out. It's something natural that I do on a daily basis and ingrained in my personality so that's exactly telling about your naval ship shaped head ass. I'm talking your head is shaped like a fucking aircraft carrier okay, but carrying nothing but trash.

AND-HERE-COMES-PEOPLE-DEFENDING-RACIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTS!

Here comes people defending racists here and on other internet outlets. People defending this racist bitch talking about "it's just a word. A word is still a word even if it's a nigger". Bitch, a chair is still a chair type thing. It really makes no sense y'all out here defending a word is just a word because from your position of privilege and whiteness because it doesn't hold the same connotation as it does for my black ass, okay? It was shouted when black people were being lynched and still being shouted today. I mean I'm not going to sit here and explain it to you or almost anyone the word is offensive. Y'all hoes are something else.

At 9/11 every year y'all are like "Oh we shouldn't forget this", but when it comes to the institution of slavery y'all telling us to forget about it, but y'all can't forget about 9/11. What's the tea? If you use the logic of one thing you should use the logic of the other. Not only that, but when y'all saw black people running around reclaiming the word and saying nigga and shit and greeting each other like "what's up my nigga?", y'all went in on the motherfucking cake. Y'all saw it as a prize to have because anything that's not centered around whiteness has to be eradicated.

Well Seagal said "Well nobody should be able to use the word. If it's so bad then why do y'all get to use it. Nobody should." So by that logic why are you people defending him using the shit?

Y'all pick and choose whatever narrative suits y'all Elmer's Glue build asses and yet I can't get any logic to stick to your ass. I promise when I get frustrated the first thing that doesn't come out of my mouth isn't a racial slur. Let's try that now. Damn! Shit, Fuck! If the first thing that comes out of your mouth when you get frustrated is a slur then you have shit to reevaluate honey. I don't know if my ass can get up and here get frustrated and say "nigger!" Like it doesn't make sense no matter which way you turn it which way you flip no matter which logic you use. I'm going to sit here and drag.

I'm not sure what I can say to PewDiePie other than to get his Black & Deck shaped head ass out of gamers got damn line-of-sight cuz every time I see it I'm going to drag it. And now with this bullshit today. The only game you need to be playing is Russian Roulette. Have a good got damn evening.

source.gif

Amen.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I mainly watch people play SFV so in those cases I'm just tuning in if the streamer is playing a character I want to learn more about.

What about you guys, what type of streams do you like and what would be needed to keep you coming back?

There are a few Black twitch streamers out there.

Bwana - https://www.twitch.tv/bwana/videos/all He has been around forever, mostly Sci Fi and MMOs. He is more of just a nerd who happens to be black so if you are expecting him come from some unique perspective, then you will be disappointed

DJTechLive - https://www.twitch.tv/djtechlive/videos/all He plays a variety of games, I honestly find him a bit dry but you might like him.

DeeJayKnight - https://www.twitch.tv/deejayknight/videos/all Plays mostly sci fi games, has gotten the nod from some huge streamers, gets sent on big events by publishers, etc. Actually runs a podcast of black streams where they discuss gaming and race. Here is one episode https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175068419 He recently quit his job to stream full-time so it must be working out well for him.

JaiEasy - https://www.twitch.tv/jaieazy/videos/all He was HUGE during COD Modern Warfare days. He mostly plays 2k and PUBG these days. 2k gets him the most views for sure.

The Black Hokage - https://www.twitch.tv/theblackhokage That unique perspective that Bwana doesn't bring? He definitely brings it. The stream is a good time. Plays a variety of games, with alot of that footage getting used in YouTube videos.

I have seen alot of quality Black twitch streams come and go. To do it, you need to have some thick skin and a mod team that is going to have your back. The people I posted are all Black, but offer unique approaches to streaming. Some try to be as unassuming as they can, some put their Blackness out there CB4 style. I do try to support as many as I Can with views, subscriptions, etc.

As far as what I enjoy? I like a streamer who puts in some effort into it, who keeps a tight ship on what is allowed in chat and what is not. Who tries to build some kind of community, not just stream gameplay.

edit -

One guy who just really rubs me the wrong way, but really should not is Lamarr Wilson https://www.youtube.com/user/wilsontech1 He started out as a tech channel and now he has branched out to food and toys, but still mostly tech. He is energetic, engaging, etc. but there is something about him that just seems kind of...off I guess the fact that a grown ass man needs to act so hyper to get views is just sad to me. Probably a me problem more than anything else.

Sch1sm

That post deserved it! I randomly found her on Insta, since then liked her tunes and she is dope. Outspoken about the police, gay rights , Trump etc.

I fuck with her tunes. Saw her live Summer '16 on the cheap. As for the rest of that, she's clearly living up to the WOKE tattoo she got.

Good morning

---

So I'm at the bus terminal, coming home from the barber shop and there is a cluster of police cars (7 or 8 of them). No idea what's going on.

It'll probably be a CP24 headline tonight.

After finally reading Alias I'm really excited for this. I want that shirt.

I liked Jessica Jones even though it's kind of loose adaptation of Alias because of Marvel shenanigans. I still prefer and like Alias a whole lot more though. There is funny part in Alias where Jessica and Luke were playing body guard for Matt Murdock — I kind hope that finds its way into the show some how.

I fuck with her tunes. Saw her live Summer '16 on the cheap. As for the rest of that, she's clearly living up to the WOKE tattoo she got.

It'll probably be a CP24 headline tonight.

Could be a whole lot a nothing really.

Potential serial killer in my city targeting random black folks.

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
Police are investigating the possibility that the shooting deaths of two men in Baton Rouge this week might be connected.

Both victims are black and appear to have been shot at random. Also, police reports say that ballistic tests confirmed the same gun was used in both shootings.

"There are some similarities to those two shootings as they are in some other shootings that have occurred," said BRPD spokesman Sgt. L’Jean McKneely.

The first shooting Tuesday night near Florida Blvd involved a homeless man later identified as Bruce Cofield, 59.

The second shooting late Thursday night on Alaska Street left Donald Smart, 49, dead. Smart was walking to his longtime job at Louie’s near LSU.

Late Friday afternoon McKneely would only say that investigators are exploring the possibility that the two cases are “possibly connected.”

"We're finding similarities in some of the shootings. We're creating a database and getting some of the information on some of the individuals that we feel might be involved in some of the shootings," he added.

Police records also show ballistic evidence ties the two crimes to the same gun. The Advocate newspaper reported late Friday that, according to police records, an “all-out hunt” is on for the suspected triggerman, believed to be a white man of medium build with a military style haircut who may be wearing a tactical vest.

http://www.wafb.com/story/36379396/two-apparently-random-shootings-linked-by-same-gun

Yea...

Fuck, we need some black people poppin on the YouTube and Twitch game!

Great post Nips

Here's 2 WOC streamers for my recommendation.

https://www.twitch.tv/cypheroftyr
https://www.twitch.tv/simplyundrea

DMVfan123

Banned
Great post NipplesAndToes

RDCworld1 (the dudes behind "Gimme your ring" and all those funny basketball/football skits that trend on Twitter) have started to stream on YouTube

Hmm, I looked her up on YT and she has a lot of views. That makes me skeptical like she has the manufactured sound. Not sure if I'm going to click.

D i Z

Mornin' all

Good morning

---

So I'm at the bus terminal, coming home from the barber shop and there is a cluster of police cars (7 or 8 of them). No idea what's going on.

They're looking for someone that fit your description before you got put some steps in your high top. Close call.

This nigga still sweating..

Be easy out there, brother.

Potential serial killer in my city targeting random black folks.

http://www.wafb.com/story/36379396/two-apparently-random-shootings-linked-by-same-gun

Yea...

Shit. You be easy too. We're going to get a lot of roaming damaged white dudes targeting us as more time goes on in this time of madness . You never know when or where they'll pop up.

Last weekend of the summer. Hope y'all got good "take a walk outside" weather for this one.

To me the season always start at the first of the month fuck what they say, but it is nice outside today. Let me get out of the house today instead of spending all day talking to y'all crusty asses. Toodles!

Gattsu25

Banned
After finally reading Alias I'm really excited for this. I want that shirt.
I just finished reading Alias as well.

Can't wait for season 2
First reaction: why the fuck is this teacher asking kids to put themselves in the shoes of the KKK and understand their views/hatred?
Second reaction: is that comic sans?

Sch1sm

Can't wait for season 2

First reaction: why the fuck is this teacher asking kids to put themselves in the shoes of the KKK and understand their views/hatred?
Second reaction: is that comic sans?

It is Comic Sans.

There are a few Black twitch streamers out there.

Bwana - https://www.twitch.tv/bwana/videos/all He has been around forever, mostly Sci Fi and MMOs. He is more of just a nerd who happens to be black so if you are expecting him come from some unique perspective, then you will be disappointed

DJTechLive - https://www.twitch.tv/djtechlive/videos/all He plays a variety of games, I honestly find him a bit dry but you might like him.

DeeJayKnight - https://www.twitch.tv/deejayknight/videos/all Plays mostly sci fi games, has gotten the nod from some huge streamers, gets sent on big events by publishers, etc. Actually runs a podcast of black streams where they discuss gaming and race. Here is one episode https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175068419 He recently quit his job to stream full-time so it must be working out well for him.

JaiEasy - https://www.twitch.tv/jaieazy/videos/all He was HUGE during COD Modern Warfare days. He mostly plays 2k and PUBG these days. 2k gets him the most views for sure.

The Black Hokage - https://www.twitch.tv/theblackhokage That unique perspective that Bwana doesn't bring? He definitely brings it. The stream is a good time. Plays a variety of games, with alot of that footage getting used in YouTube videos.

I have seen alot of quality Black twitch streams come and go. To do it, you need to have some thick skin and a mod team that is going to have your back. The people I posted are all Black, but offer unique approaches to streaming. Some try to be as unassuming as they can, some put their Blackness out there CB4 style. I do try to support as many as I Can with views, subscriptions, etc.

As far as what I enjoy? I like a streamer who puts in some effort into it, who keeps a tight ship on what is allowed in chat and what is not. Who tries to build some kind of community, not just stream gameplay.

edit -

One guy who just really rubs me the wrong way, but really should not is Lamarr Wilson https://www.youtube.com/user/wilsontech1 He started out as a tech channel and now he has branched out to food and toys, but still mostly tech. He is energetic, engaging, etc. but there is something about him that just seems kind of...off I guess the fact that a grown ass man needs to act so hyper to get views is just sad to me. Probably a me problem more than anything else.

Yo I feel the same way! I wish people would get clicks for their opinions and not because they get on a table and dance. Is that what makes for good youtube channels?

Great post NipplesAndToes

RDCworld1 (the dudes behind "Gimme your ring" and all those funny basketball/football skits that trend on Twitter) have started to stream on YouTube

Thanks for the suggestions peeps.

Will check them out and sub to a few. I'll take the suggestions to mean these are the types you're all interested in and would like to see more of.

andthebeatgoeson

Good reading how that nursing home in Fla called the governor and nothing happened in that bastion of Republicanism. Hey, we don't need big government we need to just blame the business.

Sorry Rick, they call you for help and you forward them to an agency, it's not all their fault.

100% is.

What I enjoyed off Kehlani's debut album more than anything were the samples and clear inspiration she's taken.

Undercover
Too Much
Personal

Considering what you listen to, she ain't your type. I can tell you that much, lol.
Hmm, I listened to "Too Much". It reminds me of something from the 90s that I like, but not really like 702 and Blaque.

Can't wait for season 2
I got a lot to say about Alias, but I think I'll save it for later. I'll buy it one of these days. I checked it from the 'brary.

Oooooh, thank you Brawly Brawl.

So I'm waiting for an uber, and as it pulls up some white kids come along and i hear a few interesting things

"Any Jewish people here?"

"What would you say to those type of people?"

Amazing

Top Bottom