• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Holy hell, that elf on the shelf thread brought in gold:

DJ4NawhX0AEYMa4.jpg:small

GOLD!!

I'm fucking dying at this!!!

Johndoey

Banned
Online retailers seize on long-ignored market: Women size 16 and up

As soon as Heidi Zak studied the numbers, she knew it was time to sell a bigger bra.

Zak, a founder of the online start-up Third Love, has spent three years building the line. The company now offers 59 sizes, and it is testing 15 more. But demand — especially for larger sizes — is only rising.

Consider, she says: More than 500,000 women remain on the company's waiting list for bras in sizes like 44G and 46K.
Zak is among online retailers who are culling customer complaints, preferences and measurements and arriving at the same conclusion: American women, who on average wear about a size 16, need bigger sizes.

Yet plus-size apparel makes up just a sliver of the clothing on the market. Internet start-ups, armed with reams of data and often more nimble than traditional retailers, are filling that gap.

Instead of creating ”plus-size collections," they are more often creating the same dress for every size — say, 0 to 36. They also are bucking long-held industry notions of what larger women should — and shouldn't — wear, seizing on an opportunity that mainstream retailers have long ignored.
They're clearly on to something: Sales of plus-size apparel have been on the upswing. They grew 6 percent, to $21.4 billion, last year, outpacing the 2 percent growth in the overall women's clothing market, according to research firm NPD Group.
---
McMaster says no redo on Paris climate deal decision

National security adviser H.R. McMaster denied Sunday that President Trump is reconsidering his decision to pull out of the Paris climate change accord but said the door remains open to a better agreement down the road.

”That's a false report," McMaster said of published reports over the weekend that the administration might not pull out of the deal after all and might seek new terms instead.

”The president decided to pull out of the Paris accord because it's a bad deal for the American people and it's a bad deal for the environment," he said on ”Fox News Sunday."

That Hick Hop shit makes my ears bleed.

The black guys in the music videos magically placed where there is a Confederate flag is so infuriating too.

Jesus fucking Christ there's always something new to get my blood pressure up.

Zekes!

The black guys in the music videos magically placed where there is a Confederate flag is so infuriating too.

Yeah, Murs seemed heated about it too.

Turns out people come in all shapes and sizes, who would've ever figured. Having worked in a clothing store for like 5 years on and off, clothing sizing is always a hot topic. There's a lot of skinny shaming too with women picking up the smallest size and being like, "what woman would even fit this?", or straight up calling my female coworkers anorexic. The more sizes the better
Nobody trips over making fun of skinny folks. I don't get mad when my cousin says I look like an ad for Feed the Hunger when I undress in front of her.

Slayven

Hick-Hop was always bound to happen, true country music has the soul of the disenfranchised in it just like hip-hop. I can't hate on them for it really, i mean music is universal...just respect it is all I ask. You want to rap about tractors and hunting, go right ahead.

Bubba Sparks be lit

So, "hick hop" is less "Devil Went Down to Georgia" and more "Accidental Racist"*?

Your next stop should be "chap hop" (steampunk minus the punk, mostly white boys rapping about gears and dirigibles). Or nerdcore (mostly white boys rapping about their DnD characters).

*only with extra racism

So, "hick hop" is less "Devil Went Down to Georgia" and more "Accidental Racist"*?

Your next stop should be "chap hop" (steampunk minus the punk, mostly white boys rapping about gears and dirigibles). Or nerdcore (mostly white boys rapping about their DnD characters).

*only with extra racism

You bringing more subgenres I am not aware of. I have never heard of chap hop, but I have delved with nerdcore. It is damn hard to find a good artist in nerdcore, but I managed to find three: J-Roc/Noveliss of Clear Soul Forces, Sammus, and SkyBlew, but even then there's stuff with them that I can't put them up with others that I like. Haven't found any of the white boys good.

Kreed

In hindsight, it's better than spending $300 just to get a peep at some booty hole.

I wonder how OPs of threads like that imagine their threads going when they're typing it out:

"OP that's an amazing story."

"Yeah congrats OP, I'm jealous. I spent $5000 the other day at the strip club and she just walked around me in a circle."

"When's the wedding OP? Have you met her family yet?"

"Forget Tinder, maybe I should spend PS4 money at the Russian strip club?"

"Was the 300 dollars in USD or Rubles?"

Or maybe they don't imagine their threads at all which is the problem.

Numb

I'm guessing those types of threads go directly from thought to creation
Like those that create threads about their lack of hygiene and don't consider how they'll be viewed

Top Bottom