• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Malyse

A game with main characters voiced by and inspired by Donald Glover and Aisha Tyler. Written by Issa Rae because fuck it why not. Has a secret super boss fight against Rihanna that unlocks her as playable if you win.

Narrated by Keith David.
Music by the Neptunes and Timbaland.

Character design by Kanye.

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

I would play a game with her as the protagonist.

Okay seriously though. Who is she?

Slayven

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
As a liberal black man i don't think...

nah, that's the old stuff

the new thing I've noticed on gaf is "as a minority"

you see this shit a lot in threads specific to topics that involve black people in particular, and to some degree when it's any specific race or ethnicity

people who jump in and say "as a (suspiciously unnamed) minority, I think blah blah blah"

it lets them pull the same "I'm enough of an authority on this to give the racism a pass" without actually being part of the group being targeted

nah, that's the old stuff

the new thing I've noticed on gaf is "as a minority"

you see this shit a lot in threads specific to topics that involve black people in particular, and to some degree when it's any specific race or ethnicity

people who jump in and say "as a (suspiciously unnamed) minority, I think blah blah blah"

it lets them pull the same "I'm enough of an authority on this to give the racism a pass" without actually being part of the group being targeted

Any time you ask “what minority” they either ignore you completely or say “does it matter?!”

Rapsody album = meh

You crazy b. That shit is phenomenal and I already said piece about it and will go mad hard into detail regarding it when I make the big thread in December/January. Just from the 1.4 listen I don't think it's as good as Beauty & The Beast, but it's up to par with her usual and I'd rank it along with She Got Game and Thank Her Now.

You crazy b. That shit is phenomenal and I already said piece about it and will go mad hard into detail regarding it when I make the big thread in December/January. Just from the 1.4 listen I don't think it's as good as Beauty & The Beast, but it's up to par with her usual and I'd rank it along with She Got Game and Thank Her Now.
I only listened because you praised it because I never heard of her

Top Bottom