• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

A lot of GAF wants gaming to basically go back to the PS2 era but with still improving graphics.

What’s happening is budgets are going up but the audience of people buying console games, relative to that, has stagnated. Publishers need to get more money out of roughly the same number of people.

The budgets are a direct result of the big boys creating a market that forced out the middle players. That coupled with the buying habits of the casual audience, has us where we are. I don't spend money on any of the loot box stuff and have a great time. The PS2 ain't walking through that door

The budgets are a direct result of the big boys creating a market that forced out the middle players. That coupled with the buying habits of the casual audience, has us where we are. I don't spend money on any of the loot box stuff and have a great time. The PS2 ain't walking through that door

What the hell is a loot box? I'm still on PS3.

Skittles

People want to keep gaming pure and prices down. They blame everyone but themselves for the need for more revenue streams. They don't apply simple business understanding to things like ROI and the like. I enjoy the rage, personally

Prime example: they complain about Andromeda animations, but somehow think cutting budgets will deliver high quality products...
Shows a lot with fighting games. Roster sizes are never going to be above 25-30 on release unless it's a sequel to a previous game in the same gen.

Slayven

Gamers want games that look photo realistic to pay on their 300 consoles or 600 dollar video cards.

They just don't want to pay for them

People want to keep gaming pure and prices down. They blame everyone but themselves for the need for more revenue streams. They don't apply simple business understanding to things like ROI and the like. I enjoy the rage, personally

Prime example: they complain about Andromeda animations, but somehow think cutting budgets will deliver high quality products...

A lot of GAF wants gaming to basically go back to the PS2 era but with still improving graphics.

What’s happening is budgets are going up but the audience of people buying console games, relative to that, has stagnated. Publishers need to get more money out of roughly the same number of people.

Gamers want games that look photo realistic to pay on their 300 consoles or 600 dollar video cards.

They just don't want to pay for them

I consider myself a Savvy consumer. There are only a handful of franchises that will make me drop $60 on a new release. It took me 4 years to buy a PlayStation 3 because I did not like the concept of DLC or season passes.

I do not care one iota for business practices, or profitability of a gaming company. I just want to play good games. The whole game. For one price. Paid the first time.

If that means that I have to wait half a decade to purchase Skyrim legendary Edition for $10 ( which is what I did. I actually purchase Skyrim on the PC right before the HD remaster and got it for free), that is what I'll do.

Two recent examples are that darkest dungeon went on sale for $10. Well there's a DLC out there that you have to pay closer to $20 for the full package. I'll wait as long as necessary to get both for $10.

Little nightmares also released a DLC even though the base game goes on sale. I think the original lease was $20 with a DLC it's 30. I'm going to wait till the whole thing is at least $20.

Didn't touch Metal Gear Solid 5 because of what happened between Konomi and Hideo... infamous Second Son, Metal Gear Solid 5 for free in consecutive months on PSN.

Just got Tomb Raider for 12 bucks on humble monthly bundle last month.

Just bought Mass Effect Andromeda for $15 on Amazon this week.

I feel that these people who rage don't understand that it's a buyer's market and Patience is a virtue.

Kreed

I may be done posting here

I'm late but here's my advice for anyone else upset at the OT these days before going R****_

pRsihPg.jpg

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
There queues of over 100 people at multiple locations waiting for a chance to get a sauce packet at McDonald's.

smh.

It's like some old 40 gig model from 2008, I got it about two years ago from another Gaffer. There are tutorials for it on Youtube. It's not hard, just a bit time consuming, especially if it's your first time messing with electronics.
I didn't know there were 40GB PS3s. I thought 60GBs were the lowest. Shit! I can imagine how frustrating play a 40GB is. There ain't no damn space on that shit!

Top Bottom