• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

You out in these threads like

tumblr_n65mnfppOY1t0mwtjo3_400.gif

I don't remember this. Was this a part of the Wedding Arc?

Slayven

The hurricane
Evening.

You better put some respect on my name. Instead of associating me with that nonsense.
Or what?

Anybody watch The Gifted?
Completely paint by numbers, but not terrible
You out in these threads like

tumblr_n65mnfppOY1t0mwtjo3_400.gif

--------

Not my first time being a member of a forum, but I now remember things are so much nicer when you stick to community threads lol

The DBZ movies were so god before Brolly

Gee and people wonder why women don;t like going to Comic Book stores... fuck

CB stores are so terrible to shop at unless you're a hardcore Slayven level comic book nerd I swear.

Employee: Oh you a fan of Y character? Yea me too, my favorite story is <insert story that is about another character as some sort of gotcha (or some variation of this gotcha)>

Slayven

Is that serious
CB stores are so terrible to shop at unless you're a hardcore Slayven level comic book nerd I swear.

Employee: Oh you a fan of Y character? Yea me too, my favorite story is <insert story that is about another character as some sort of gotcha (or some variation of this gotcha)>

I went to my local comicbook shop for the first time in years a few months ago, and i realized why I stopped. Dusty, musty, and shit was over priced, like Jandro's mom

caliph95

The only comic store I been to because I was in Singapore was book stores that happened to have a comic section or when they used to sell it ay 7-11 iirc so I never had the "comic store experience"

caliph95

The Good Wife Season 5: Civil War

I just started this season I love this new status quo and the potential future conflict it will probably be much favorite season

Faustek

I like the comic book store thing. They are so far removed from "mine". They really promote everything that is new and put in the work. I still don't go tho. Don't like the clientele there and I also feel out of place.

Oh, this is about the comic? I'll pass. I couldn't deal with that dialogue.

Been somewhat ok, imo so far. I laughed at him being sonned by his older brother. I remember that. I was the one being owned tho ^^

---

Who's the bookie for the fight? What are the odds? Anyway my money is on Jandro. Those gaskins are powerful.

Faustek

So how do people buy digital comics right now? My problem is I don't like DRM. My current plan is I'll buy stuff on Amazon Kindle since I figured out how to crack Kindle DRM. I know Image does all its stuff DRM free.

Comixology. Unfortunately a great majority aren't drm free. My Dredd books are tho.

D i Z

I like the comic book store thing. They are so far removed from "mine". They really promote everything that is new and put in the work. I still don't go tho. Don't like the clientele there and I also feel out of place.

Been somewhat ok, imo so far. I laughed at him being sonned by his older brother. I remember that. I was the one being owned tho ^^

---

Who's the bookie for the fight? What are the odds? Anyway my money is on Jandro. Those gaskins are powerful.

I'm holding numbers for all BCT throw downs.

-----

That panel was pretty good.

So how do people buy digital comics right now? My problem is I don't like DRM. My current plan is I'll buy stuff on Amazon Kindle since I figured out how to crack Kindle DRM. I know Image does all its stuff DRM free.

Well, a lot the books I buy are Image books. When they went drm free, I was buying directly from them, but I went back buying their books through Comixology when they made their books available drm free there.

When it comes to DC and Marvel, I only by trades...or collected volumes of books I'm interested in. CMX/Amazon always having sales. Mangas never good sales though, but then again I don't read a lot of them.

I don't see how y'all can read shit off a screen. A few paragraphs here and there is fine, but I can't do long pieces, that's probably why I still haven't finished reading the polygon FFVII story or the Ta-Nehisi Coates Trump drag.

D i Z

Well, a lot the books I buy are Image books. When they went drm free, I was buying directly from them, but I went back buying their books through Comixology when they made their books available drm free there.

When it comes to DC and Marvel, I only by trades...or collected volumes of books I'm interested in. CMX/Amazon always having sales. Mangas never good sales though, but then again I don't read a lot of them.

Which Image books are you reading?

I don't see how y'all can read shit off a screen. A few paragraphs here and there is fine, but I can't do long pieces, that's probably why I still haven't finished reading the polygon FFVII story or the Ta-Nehisi Coates Trump drag.

I read so much information on a screen now it's crazy to look at a paper with instructions. It wasn't a choice that i made, it is just that I have a computer in my face almost all waking hours of my day. I still buy paper books though if I need to feel the fiber.

D i Z

Brown folk should co-opt the Nazi movement and destroy it with some good old fashioned cultural dismantling.
You know that nothing would fuck with these guys more than us taking their shit and crapping all over it.

I don't see how y'all can keep talking about Dragonball Z like it was some life-altering stuff but whatev.

Brown folk should co-opt the Nazi movement and destroy it with some good old fashioned cultural dismantling.
You know that nothing would fuck with these guys more than us taking their shit and crapping all over it.
Progressive people really need to learn how to throw the insidious tactics of fuckboys right back at them. The way these guys are able to organize their spin and harassment campaigns is insane.

I don't see how y'all can keep talking about Dragonball Z like it was some life-altering stuff but whatev.
I'm addicted to people dragging characters from old-anime, tbh. One of the best threads we had this year was one about Ranma 1/2.

Sch1sm

It grows on you, and then there's the reality that a lot of things are becoming e-only.

I'm used to it now, but that's mostly because buying eBooks off other students for textbooks is significantly cheaper than buying them physical from the school bookstore. That, and I use a Kindle Paper White regularly.

Which Image books are you reading?

Monstress
Lazarus (on hiatus though)
Wayward
Bitch Planet
Low
Deadly Class
Copperhead
Paper Girls
The Wicked + The Divine
Shutter
Velvet

The last two have ended.

Also, I stopped going to comic book stores once local book stores started selling comics....plus you can meet women at book stores &#8976;_ &#8976;

D i Z

Monstress
Lazarus (on hiatus though)
Wayward
Bitch Planet
Low
Deadly Class
Copperhead
Paper Girls
The Wicked + The Divine
Shutter
Velvet

The last two have ended.

Also, I stopped going to comic book stores once local book stores started selling comics....plus you can meet women at book stores &#8976;_ &#8976;

Bitch Planet is the only one I'm familiar with, and I really need to get back to it.

Top Bottom