• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

I don't see how y'all can keep talking about Dragonball Z like it was some life-altering stuff but whatev.

DBZ and Toonami was a grand revelation for millennials. It's like how the generation before us discovered Star Wars or something.

If you make a reference to DBZ for someone who was born in the 80's, chances are they'll know it.

D i Z

Man, pizza delivery charges are a joke. This shit is doubling the cost of the pie, and then they have minimum fees on the base cost of the pizza that's discounted to triple that shit.

Malyse

For Xenoverse 3, the villains should fuck with Dragon Ball Goku. Forcibly transform your character into a kid as well and just have you stuck in the DB era.

Slayven

giphy.gif

Johndoey

Banned
Seriously though and I know I'm preaching to the choir bit the new Death Wish looks so gross.

Annihilation on the other hand looks delightful.

Slayven

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...es-red-carpet-prep-black-panther-tour-1046683

"Marvel is like the FBI," Michael B. Jordan said with a laugh when asked to talk about his next movie, Marvel's Black Panther, in which he plays villain Erik Killmonger. "I can't say too much of anything, but it's going to be a well-rounded film."

However, what he did (or at least, could) share was that he's already started working with his stylist, Jeff K. Kim, on prepping the red-carpet looks he'll be wearing while promoting the highly anticipated action film, which also stars Chadwick Boseman and Lupita Nyong'o. The movie, directed by Ryan Coogler, drops Feb. 16, 2018.

Micheal B already planning his outfit. Damn how tight do you want to be that you have to start planing 6 months out?

You can't say "Black Panther move" on twitte without BT going nuts with memes and animated .gifs.

I can't think of another movie with so much pressure on it to succeed. I think the BP film is the most-anticipated black film of all time...I really do hope it's actually good and not in that we're-going-to-defend-it-because-it's-ours sort of way.

darklin0

Banned
Why are there so many threads on lootboxes on the gaming side. What is this new craze.
Its the flavor of the moment. It was PUBG clones, now it is lootboxes.
Weird how the Vegas shooter isn’t being demonized like countless black people who were killed by police
Weird? No. Expected, yes.
Gamers want games that look photo realistic to pay on their 300 consoles or 600 dollar video cards.

They just don't want to pay for them
And here I am with my computer running everything on low, even though I can high/epic. lol
There queues of over 100 people at multiple locations waiting for a chance to get a sauce packet at McDonald's.

smh.
I heard there was like 20 sauce packs per McDs.
At your local comic book store, or the mall that you frequent to pick up on high school girls with your segway?
Rolling up like,
EnchantedGlassBlacklemur.gif

Johndoey

Banned
I was really down on Blade Runner 2049 for the majority of the runtime but by the time we got to the last 30 or so minutes it really started to come together in a great way, and it finished strong. Gosling's character in the movie reminds me a lot of his character and progression in Only God Forgives. It's the type of movie I'll enjoy more on a re-watch.

It's not perfect and I think it's a less interesting less personal movie than the original, but I enjoyed it overall.

Let's character is a complete non-entity and his motivation and the motivation of his second in command never come together in a satisfactory way. Ryan Gosling has the most perfect face I've ever seen on a human, it's so beautiful.

Decent amount of surprisingly gorey scenes in the movie, and one scene about 2/3 of the way through the film that warrants an epilepsy warning.

One more note: The movie is long as hell. I'd argue too long.

you know listening to the crazy people i know talk about shit made me think

BernieBro's always said "Bernie would have won! he would have!" and they are technically right. Hilary supporters would have reluctantly voted for him and he would have won. But because they bernie supports wouldn't all jump on board the other way it made her loss so much worse in the small area's it was needed to win by a lot

also chinese league fans roasting one of their chinese teams for doing so bad in the World Championship this week
"List of excuses EDG can use: * The pressure of playing at home is too much"
"After EDG got 0-3, a fangirl was crying. Security says "Don't cry. There are three more matches right? Don't worry!" And the girl cries even louder."

You know, I don't begrudge people doing whatever, but I don't really like it when I go somewhere with friends and then people start disappearing to fuck and I can't leave OH WELL like I could have stayed home and been fine I wish I'd known ahead of time or whatever OH WELL

Johndoey

Banned
Blade Runner 2049 | Main Theme
2049 | Blade Runner 2049

I'm so happy the movie turned out as well as it did. Even just thinking over the film since last night I feel even more positive about it. Obviously it won't be anywhere near as influential, but it's right up there alongside the original.

If I didn't have plans I'd already be lining up to get another viewing in.
--
Got some Bourbon in me and I'm feeling alright.
--
You know, I don't begrudge people doing whatever, but I don't really like it when I go somewhere with friends and then people start disappearing to fuck and I can't leave OH WELL like I could have stayed home and been fine I wish I'd known ahead of time or whatever OH WELL
Agreed, if we came out together at least give me a heads up before fucking off to parts unknown. I don't like having to glance around to realize I'm on my own.

Top Bottom