• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Hahaha...oh the memories....got so much ass off of BP back in the day
KuGsj.gif

Yep.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I've typed up responses to that thread on 3 separate occasions, and have hit the back button each time.

I just can't allow myself to get involved in them. The people who ask questions like that[why isn't there a white history month] are being willfully obtuse and honestly have no intention of understanding why it is still necessary to raise awareness about the contributions and sacrifices made by people of color. [/runon]

Ayo

My brother is in the Peace Corps, serving in Kenya right now. He recently posted this on facebook so I figured I'd share and try to help out the children there

would really appreciate it if you could vote for the children here at http://www.dellchallenge.org/projects/grace-sustainability-project. We're trying to raise funds for a pretty cool IGA and need your support. It will just take a second but the quality of life for the children here may depend on that second.

I think most of the arguments and viewpoints for and against black history month seem pretty reasonable in the GAF thread. Personally, I think if you keep separating things, people are always gonna treat them as separate.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Slayven, that is the dumbest fucking thread

I can't even troll it. All it does is sit there and agitate me. The true dumbasses won't go near it because its obvious bait and everyone that would talk about something worthwhile won't touch it because there's nothing there to even work with.

I hate you. I hate you soooo much.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Slayven, that is the dumbest fucking thread

I can't even troll it. All it does is sit there and agitate me. The true dumbasses won't go near it because its obvious bait and everyone that would talk about something worthwhile won't touch it because there's nothing there to even work with.

I hate you. I hate you soooo much.

i did goad him into making it, so ill take some of that hate. but i have a funny feeling that its gonna turn around.

FreeMufasa

That thread didn't get too out of hand hand....For GAF standards I'm surprised.

To be fair, i'd say gaf is better at these stuff than most other forums. Regarding black history and other topics, most other forums i'used to visit always ended in the same way. Most comments were like "it's stupid, we should have white history month then". More ignorant comments, racist pics, racist comments (not even borderline, straight up) and that was it. There were too few of us to challenge them and since they were the majority and all agreed, they believed they were right.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Soo... if I'm strolling through flood waters, I should only take small portions that fit in my pockets - that way I'll only have what I need and if I do need more, I'll just come back at a later day. Got it! :D
what he said may have been below the belt but what you said is not really setting a good example for me or anyone...
What dude said was dumb as all fuck and do you really need a role model?

uneilath

Banned
Soo... if I'm strolling through flood waters, I should only take small portions that fit in my pockets - that way I'll only have what I need and if I do need more, I'll just come back at a later day. Got it! :D

What dude said was dumb as all fuck and do you really need a role model?

Don't take more than you need. Leave some for others. Dont fill 3 garbage bags with stuff.

Top Bottom