• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Mages II: The Skies Above

Rahul

tbm2.jpg

tbm2-illust.jpg

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/uematsu/tbm2/

Oddly enough, this was announced over a week ago but I guess everyone missed it in the confusion with all the DS and Halo 2 etc. excitement (I did a search and didn't find anything, anyway).

FFX The Skies Above ram wmp

FFVIII Man With a Machine Gun ram wmp

No release date as yet, but there will be a live concert "The Black Mages II. The Black Mages Live ''above the sky'' ~Featuring Battle Music of Final Fantasy~" in Japan in January. More info in french at Square & Musique

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
YEAH!

The first Black Mages album was such a fantastic surprise! I cannot wait!

Rahul

nitewulf said:
i have the first one, FF battle music re-done in metal, right?

Rock with keyboards and overdriven guitar, mainly. Seems like the new album will incorporate vocals too (... operatic?).

nitewulf

i think symphony x did a version of "bloody tears" from castlevania, it's simply the best video game music ever. too good.

nitewulf said:
i think symphony x did a version of "bloody tears" from castlevania, it's simply the best video game music ever. too good.

Have you ever heard the version of that on Dracula Battle Perfect Selection? It's a DQ arrange around rock remixes of the songs. Really amazing stuff.

jett

D-Member
Heh, Dracula Battle Perfect Selection I & II kick mucho ass. I wish The Black Mages was more like them...less synth and more guitarwork.

nitewulf

SolidSnakex said:
Have you ever heard the version of that on Dracula Battle Perfect Selection? It's a DQ arrange around rock remixes of the songs. Really amazing stuff.

nope, i havent heard that. sounds great though.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The vocals fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!

The guitars rule, though.

If you find it make sure its the Dracula BATTLE Perfect Selection and not Dracula Perfect Selection or else you're going to find this:

"It's been 100 years since Dracula made his move. He's back...He's ready coming soon. Dracula you better beware, your time is through. Because Simon is coming after you. He's coming (right now), ahhh get ready, right now. BEEEWARE!"

:lol :lol

It's the Dracula rap album (Perfection Selection is). Those lyrics are from Bloody Tears.

Here's another line from it:

"You better not pout. You better not cry. You better not shout, i'm telling you why. Dracula...Dracula...Dracula is coming to town!"

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yep. Imagine my disappointment when I thought I was getting a third Perfect Selection and got THAT instead. HAHAHAH. Yikes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's a dvd-rip of some Black Mages concert thingy floating around

http://tweak.bounceme.net:1338/index.html

00 DVD Info [Video-DivX Version].txt
00 DVD Scan [Video-DivX Version].jpg
01 Square-Enix Intro.avi
02 Shibuya-AX Hall Setup.avi
03 J-E-N-O-V-A.avi
04 Force Your Way.avi
05 Battle Theme.avi
06 Battle, Scene I.avi
07 Battle, Scene II.avi
08 Matoya's Cave.avi
09 Those Who Fight Further.avi
10 The Decisive Battle.avi
11 Clash on the Big Bridge.avi
12 Dancing Mad.avi
13 Fight With Seymour.avi

And the that Dracula cd is hilarious, I was just listening to it last night

nitewulf

SolidSnakex said:

hey actually i do have that track, i checked from samples i heard in a website. but there's a longer version done available, a bit different.

Answer to my own question: apparently the DVD of the show was only released to "fan club members" in Japan, and somebody bought one off Yahoo Auctions for $180, then ripped it earlier this month.

Square Enix: We'd Rather Not Make Money

Top Bottom