• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bureau: X-COM Declassified |OT| It's all about Taction

Shahadan

So I bought from gmg. they will send me my key the day it comes out right? I only got Spec Ops and Xcom collection right after my order, but the Spec Ops one was called "The bureau Xcom Declassified". So I don't know if I need to worry or something.

Teknoman

Boxart reminds me of something you'd see on late 90s era/early 2000 PC games, and thats cool. No blue/orange junk either.

I have faith in 2K Marin. They did an excellent job on Bioshock. And they're giving us the unoffical sequel to Freedom Fighters. Hoping it's awesome.

From the footage I'm getting a weirdly Mass Effect vibe from the combat, which I definitely was not expecting. I keep almost purchasing via GMG but I already have all the pre-order bonuses (minus the Bureau DLC of course) and there are no additional vouchers to apply (the 25% and 20% vouchers don't work)...

Karak

GREAT OT!
I will post the link to my review later.

The comments about him looking like Archer made me laugh.

Nice OT.

Game looks pretty damn good, shame it went through development hell for so long. Anyways, preordered through GMG and I'm now patiently waiting for my key.

Oppo

Giant Bomb quick look sold me on this.

Plus I just love everything XCOM. And I never played Spec Ops so, yay!

Fasty

I love the look of this game too. However I just checked Steam and it is currently listed as being an $80 Australian ($74 US) when it's released! It does NOT look $80 good.

Got my preorder in. I've been waiting for this since the first trailer.

Question-I preordered from Amazon and got the codde for Bureau, but didn't receive the code for the Collection. Do you get that later?

Luigi87

This is definitely one of those titles I feel really conflicted over.
One hand it appeared to possibly have a shaky development cycle.
On the other hand, it is 2K Marin, and I enjoyed BioShock 2, even though this will play different.

Definitely one I need impressions of.

masterkajo

Already pre-loaded. Waiting for release. Looks quite interesting. I do not often buy at launch but it gave me that feeling of being a good strategy shooter when watching videos of it plus Dunder had a good offer. I just hope my feeling is right.

You know, I want to jump on, but I still don't have a feel for this game.

XCOM EU sold me through the demo.

Will there not be a demo released for this game?

Carter looks nothing like Archer.

Ok.

I didn't follow any news on this - is there an explanation why they went from FPS to TPS?

People saw the FPS version and said "THAT'S NOT X-COM, THERE'S NO WAY A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER COULD BE TACTICAL!". Then Enemy Unknown was successful and 2K decided to turn it into a TPS in order to calm everyone down.

also found a vid of some gameplay that was released a couple days ago.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Feature

Added to the OP. I'll also update it with reviews as soon as those hit, although it would seem the embargo isn't lifting until tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, first time I've ever done one of these and I was pretty burnt out by the time I finished at two in the morning. Sorry for the dearth of information, I couldn't find much outside of the standard PR bullet points and my own knowledge. Hope it's comprehensive enough.

Edit:
Can we pre load yet on Steam?
Yes.

I look forward to the game but it has the same release date like Saints Row or Splitner Cell.

Which kind of means prioritizing which games to play and when. I'm probably going to play XCOM first to get everything down then switch over to SR4 then go back and try to beat em both within' a few hours of one another.

PusherT

just got a wii u and noticed that take 2 isn't supporting the system. a real shame because I would like the opportunity to try this game with gamepad or wiimote and nun chuck controls. a Miiverse community would have been cool too

Steam says it unlocks August 19th, but if the reviews are embargoed until 9pm PT on Monday that would indicate a Tuesday release? Hmm. I'll update the OP, but if anyone can clarify that would be great.

Good Stuff:
Animation
Customization
Combat and Storyline
Interesting Game World

Bad Stuff:
Animation(though excellent as noted above at times they can seem fairly odd in timing during discussion)
FPS hits during saving and at irregular times elsewhere
Missing 'dat magic' at times.(Magic isn't always absent but its not conclusive that they captured it)
Texture work is just adequate

Those goods FAR outweigh the negatives. Playing on PC, so I probably won't be dealing with FPS drops.

Good video, but the sound is too low.

Top Bottom