• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark, Sad Life of Boogie2988 | Official Documentary

Arimer

Probably all a web of lies and distortions curated to maximize sympathy.
I wont say its a lie but most likely an exxageration used to manipulate. HIs ex wife i feel was the only thing keeping him from becoming exposed back then as it was when he was wither he that he was at his height and playing hte good guy huggable bear version of himself. When she left he went (or possibly just reverted to) off the deep end. Its sad cause the dude had it made and all he had to do was be a decent guy.

Somehow I still find Boogie more likeable than Destiny though.
At this point we're comparing two different types of asshole behavior and if it sadly comes down to that, I'd rather someone be upfront about their edgy remarks and trash behavior (Destiny) than someone who will fake for sympathy, weave a lie, backstab you, and take your money along with that backstab (Boogie).

The fact that people still find Boogie likeable at all and are still forgiving towards him, just goes to show how easy it is to use a veil of false kindness as a means to manipulate.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Probably all a web of lies and distortions curated to maximize sympathy.
Yeah although that sort of upbringing tracks with his mental illness, so it's hard to say. Covert narcissists often get wired to act that way by abuse.

Last edited:

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Forgive, but all I know about Destiny is that he is a political commentator.

I can't see how they can be worse than Boogie.
Well, some of it is his politics of course, which I shouldn't get into, and anyway there are people with similar politics that I don't have any major issues with. But I just find him to be a detestable little creature. Literal cuck for that matter. Everything about his presentation is annoying, and he tends to pop up everywhere. He was defending himself per his latest controversy on Piers Morgan, and somehow also made Piers (who I also really hate) look better to me by comparison.

I did see a clip of him with ROD BRESLAU @Slasher re: the DrDisrespect stuff, and slasher was so bad on that podcast that actually Destiny looked good by comparison to me for once. Very low IQ, not sure how anyone could call him a journalist with a straight face.

So, he may or may not be worse than Boogie as an actual person, but as a practical matter to me, Boogie's not really in my face, and as March Climber March Climber said, they're two different types of asshole, so pick your poison. Or better yet avoid them both.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Well, some of it is his politics of course, which I shouldn't get into, and anyway there are people with similar politics that I don't have any major issues with. But I just find him to be a detestable little creature. Literal cuck for that matter. Everything about his presentation is annoying, and he tends to pop up everywhere. He was defending himself per his latest controversy on Piers Morgan, and somehow also made Piers (who I also really hate) look better to me by comparison.

I did see a clip of him with ROD BRESLAU @Slasher re: the DrDisrespect stuff, and slasher was so bad on that podcast that actually Destiny looked good by comparison to me for once. Very low IQ, not sure how anyone could call him a journalist with a straight face.

So, he may or may not be worse than Boogie as an actual person, but as a practical matter to me, Boogie's not really in my face, and as March Climber March Climber said, they're two different types of asshole, so pick your poison. Or better yet avoid them both.

I see. A grifter then?

I only saw him in a Lex Fridman podcast where he was debating Ben Shapiro and I thought Destiny got the better of Ben in that debate, but to be honest that's not difficult.

He's actually a cuck? He lets his misses bang other guys? Lol.

near

Gold Member
Nah, he’s worse than Boogie as a human being. I don’t actually care about he’s political stance. He’s full of himself, even the way he confronts Boogie was a little disgusting, as if he was some sort of nominated person who had it on good authority to do so. Just listen to what he said here recently:

I see. A grifter then?
Not a grifter, just annoyingly honest, a bit of a know it all and well researched, but extremely edgy. He has done long manifestos in the past that have destroyed the online careers of actual grifters and bad faith personalities who have stolen money from fans or worse. He will also expose his own skeletons and bury his own image in order to take any person slandering him, down with him, which is why people find it so hard to debate him.

He's actually a cuck? He lets his misses bang other guys? Lol.
People called him a cuck because he openly admitted to doing threesomes when he was with his ex-wife. Since some online crowds can't compute this, they decided to see it as him sitting in a corner and letting other men and women bang his (now ex) wife, thus he was called a cuck. The meme stuck and now there are tons of people ironically and unironically using the word cuck incorrectly.

Edit: And yes, the clip above is what I mean by extremely edgy. His lack of filter is what nets him in trouble with both left and right parties as he is now banned from both Kick and Twitch.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not a grifter, just annoyingly honest, a bit of a know it all and well researched, but extremely edgy. He has done long manifestos in the past that have destroyed the online careers of actual grifters and bad faith personalities who have stolen money from fans or worse. He will also expose his own skeletons and bury his own image in order to take any person slandering him, down with him, which is why people find it so hard to debate him.

People called him a cuck because he openly admitted to doing threesomes when he was with his ex-wife. Since some online crowds can't compute this, they decided to see it as him sitting in a corner and letting other men and women bang his (now ex) wife, thus he was called a cuck. The meme stuck and now there are tons of people ironically and unironically using the word cuck incorrectly.

Edit: And yes, the clip above is what I mean by extremely edgy. His lack of filter is what nets him in trouble with both left and right parties as he is now banned from both Kick and Twitch.

That clip above tells me everything I need to know about him.

What a twat.

Edit..

Would be happy for his girl to bang other men? Sounds like a cuck to me.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Saw something on Twitter the other day about Destiny saying that he would’ve been happy if his parents were killed by the rally shooter because then he wouldn’t need to provide them end of life care.

I guess that’s where we’re at now. Ready to unplug the internet cables.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Saw something on Twitter the other day about Destiny saying that he would’ve been happy if his parents were killed by the rally shooter because then he wouldn’t need to provide them end of life care.

He also said the guy who was killed deserved it.

YCoCg

Ever since Twitter gave blue ticks money for engagement the easiest way they farm it is by posting shitty edgelord hot takes.

Boogie lies every time he opens his mouth. It's all he knows and he will never change.

We were "here now" long before Destiny gave an edgy reply to "well, what if it were your parents who got shot". Have you forgotten everything that's happened between 2008 and now?

With all due respect, the fake outrage over his "I have no sympathy" stance is downright idiotic. Some of you have amnesia.

Politics is banned so I won't give examples, but you know they are endless, and vile.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
It's 4chan-level edgy commentary. GAF skirts the line at times but thankfully this community has not gone over that line, like a chan site easily would.
I think there is an obvious difference to making edgy remarks that are suppose to be witty or perhaps have comedic intent and the way Destiny says certain things. Destiny will go on a tirade with he’s wild statements, often defending them endlessly because he firmly believes in what he states. Even when we skirt the line on GAF it’s never with the same intent, and with isolated instances where that line is crossed by individuals they’re removed from the community. He'll say awful things not to go viral and for likes, but because they're easily dispatched from he's sick mind after he has thought long and hard about why he has formed that specific opinion on something, then defends it from every angle.

Toons

He’s has a sickness, not sure what it is, but definitely some sort of sickness.

Terminally onlinitis

Some people literally will go to any length to win an internet argument and say whatever outrageous thing they thing will fulfill the strangers who follow their accounts' perception of them.

I dont hate destiny but he seems like he has an unbreakable need to be in the right and morally scrutinize the things around him at all times. Not sure how you can function like that in real life but maybe hes different irl

near

Gold Member
Boogie gets a face tattoo that says "LIAR" live on stream after faking he's cancer. Is he forgiven now? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

6rvdfC3.jpeg

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Somehow I still find Boogie more likeable than Destiny though.
They are both terrible in their own way.
They have dismissed self-awareness for internet clout and enjoy being under a controversial magnifying glass, or so to speak.
The difference is one is going broke, the other still has money and should be smart, invest then step back from the internet. If I were him, I'd start over in life(Destiny) that dude needs to work on himself, BIG time. 99.9% of his opinions are fucking poison and no one should take them seriously in terms of using them as a means to grow in any meaningful way.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
The man is farming his own drama to stay relevant, got to love this. I think now that he doesn't have to be pretend to be the nice guy, his contents will improve.

Top Bottom