• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

Pretty sure all endgame questions etc in the IGN article are going to be avoided or given the whole "we're not ready to talk about that yet". Hopefully some good info will come though

Seems to be sold out everywhere now except for digital markets.

Fuck. That was my copy of the game right there :( I already ordered the regular edition for my bro for the Amazon 20% discount, so I can't order that for myself to get the discount (actually I can't order it at all from Amazon now), but I still could with the Gold. That sucks.

I was mostly trying to go with Amazon because of the 20% off option and because I had been using Bing rewards to build up my Amazon gift card collection. Just added the last one today because I had the points...curse the gods.

Gurrry

I am getting the game through the nvidia promotion. However, I still havent gotten my key from best buy. Anyone know when these things typically are sent?

hydruxo

Pretty sure all endgame questions etc in the IGN article are going to be avoided or given the whole "we're not ready to talk about that yet". Hopefully some good info will come though

"the game is out in one week but we're not ready to talk about crucial content that keeps people playing our game"

in all seriousness they need to say something about endgame soon IMO.

Crackbone

I was mostly trying to go with Amazon because of the 20% off option and because I had been using Bing rewards to build up my Amazon gift card collection. Just added the last one today because I had the points...curse the gods.

I ran into the same problem when I went to upgrade my preorder yesterday. I just went digital. Sucks but I really don't want to be hunting a copy nor do I want to get into the game 2-3 days late because of some bullshit shipping.

Tecnniqe

Banned
8NPs4rO.jpg

"the game is out in one week but we're not ready to talk about crucial content that keeps people playing our game"

in all seriousness they need to say something about endgame soon IMO.

IGN: What is the endgame like?
Massive: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In my opinion I feel like they don't have to tell us anything. People really need to stop feeling entitled to everything related to video-games. They've already had a closed and an open-beta. Already responded to our feedback and fixed issues that we mentioned! :)

We all obviously want to know about it but the difference between entitlement and curiousity shines through when a mass-group of gamers go: We demand to hear about this and that!

When going to the movies, you pay for the ticket and nobody tells you if the ending is good or not. Only if the movie is worth your time. So you go and experience it for yourself. Now, if you enjoyed the beta then I bet you'd enjoy the full game as well. =)

In the end game-companies doesn't owe you anything, neither does any of the developers who pours their heart and souls into this project.

So just relax and enjoy whatever information we can get =D

hydruxo

In my opinion I feel like they don't have to tell us anything. People really need to stop feeling entitled to everything related to video-games. They've already had a closed and an open-beta. Already responded to our feedback and fixed issues that we mentioned! :)

We all obviously want to know about it but the difference between entitlement and curiousity shines through when a mass-group of gamers go: We demand to hear about this and that!

When going to the movies, you pay for the ticket and nobody tells you if the ending is good or not. Only if the movie is worth your time. So you go and experience it for yourself. Now, if you enjoyed the beta then I bet you'd enjoy the full game as well. =)

In the end game-companies doesn't owe you anything, neither does any of the developers who pours their heart and souls into this project.

It'd be one thing if they never said anything to us about end-game content but they've said multiple times that it exists but they just won't talk about it yet. Nobody here is being entitled by stating that Massive should come out and talk about a crucial element of the game haha.

Look, at the end of the day, I'm going to enjoy the game regardless of what end-game content is there. It would just be nice to know what they've got planned, because clearly they've got something.

That comparison doesn't work in my opinion. I'm paying for a game that has XYZ features and i should know about it before hand. It's more like paying for a movie ticket where this movie could be 30 minutes or 3 hours... maybe it's 3D but they wont tell you until you're in line etc.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Lmao entitled my ass
cA0P2EB.gif

NgXK3yE.gif

george_us

Seriously, fuck this line of thinking. So it's "entitlement" now to want to know more about a game that a publisher is pushing me to spend 60 fucking dollars for? Shit attitudes like this are the reason publishers have no problems releasing broken games these days.

I keep going back and forth on which console to play this on. Sadly my PC is not up to snuff. I've got more friends on PS4, but none of them in either of the Open or Closed betas so I'm not sure if there is any interest in that group there. Then you add in the (small) exclusivity on the Xbox and that looks more tempting then.

But I know only a handful of people on the Xbox, and they too are not very interested in playing the Division. And the small technical issues that DF pointed out push me back towards the PS4 version.

Then, I think about the fact that I only recently got an Xbox One would like an excuse to play it more, and possibly build out my friends list on it like Destiny did for me on the PS4...

Bah. I don't know. What's the console of choice for GAF in this thread? Any other reasons I've not listed to opt for one over the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom