• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously someone got paid - IGN has all the "FIRST XXX" things on Division. :|

So weird that they would chose only IGN to present their game first, doesn't make sense if you want you're game seen more. Though regardless if its GS or IGN they don't really do a good job but serviceable for their fan base i guess.

deoee

So weird that they would chose only IGN to present their game first, doesn't make sense if you want you're game seen more. Though regardless if its GS or IGN they don't really do a good job but serviceable for their fan base i guess.

Worst thing in the videos is the aiming... I just can't watch them play :D

Worst thing in the videos is the aiming... I just can't watch them play :D

I can't either and they don't look like they're having fun. No smiles or yelps or anything much. Plus they always play on consoles or is it pc with controllers? (why if so) regardless they suck at the game usually and then complain.

Now maybe that's because the game is not for them but still.

I know for sure that I'm not looking forward to IGN's review of this game.

So, today is THE day? :) IGN First new infos?

Hopefully it's new info but we know this rodeo it could be a lot of something or something in between to balance it out for new players or
cbc1a9e09fb3e68e9a840a9ca28b4db413b5ed3f93b9a98405239179dcb417cc.jpg

Any ideas on length? I read it will be a long game, but am curious as to how long they mean as a ballpark.

I'm glad to hear it can be played through solo without having to depend on others, because that helps sell it to me.

It will probably be pretty damn long, as its an RPG.
Also, play with us gaffers, we'll only shoot you in the back a maximum of 10 times, we promise

I'm guessing 4-6 hours for the story missions if you just play them out. But i have 645 hours clocked in on Destiny so i have no worries i'll get my moneys worth :D

Any ideas on length? I read it will be a long game, but am curious as to how long they mean as a ballpark.

I'm glad to hear it can be played through solo without having to depend on others, because that helps sell it to me.

I played with the alpa/beta 6-7 hours, so i think i play with the full game circa 30-40 hours.

Elfstruck

Urgh, my friend abandoned me on PS4 and jumped on PC. I will probably stick with PS4 and hopefully be able to find ppl to group with x,x

Gryph

Urgh, my friend abandoned me on PS4 and jumped on PC. I will probably stick with PS4 and hopefully be able to find ppl to group with x,x

DivisionGaf community has a bunch of people in it already. There will be PS4 people to party up with no problem.

SomTervo

I got 5-6 hours out of the Beta, and that was ONLY side missions, and i'm a singleplayer-mainly gamer.

Full game will be big.

Do you think you can be competitive with a controller on PC in this game?

Controls felt really good with controller on PS4 (though i'm buying PC) and it is technically an RPG first, so controller probably OK.

Personally, I'mma play singleplayer/co-op with Dualshock 4 on PC and use KBM whenever i enter the DarkZone or the going gets particularly tough.

Do you think you can be competitive with a controller on PC in this game?

Depends on how you adapt. I tried it (with my xbox one controller and xbox 360, didn't try it with a ps4 controller yet), the walking and running was better as it transition smoothly without having to push another button to walk. But i didn't like how it controlled when it came to shooting personally, there is some sluggishness or input lag there i think . Compared to using a keyboard and mouse, plus going from cover to cover is better with KBM in my opinion but the controller is not too bad.

(Love how easy it is to switch back and forth. Since the game can recognize the controller change without having to go to the menu)

Although having it all there in you're hand controlling the character does feel good overall. Now will you out do a player using KBM? maybe not but who knows.

Either way I'm going to try it again in the full game, and connect it to my usb 3.0/1 port this time.

kyser73

At least as long as a Creed, surely?

Randy42

Anyone else gonna throw 30 bucks at black desert just to kill time until The Division hits in the grindiest most time consuming way possible?

Feels like a reasonable plan to me since freezing myself isnt an option

cormack12

Gold Member
Anyone think this will surpass Destiny for launch sales of new IP? Seems hype and interest has been on some curve of momentum now for quite a while and everyone that tried the beta almost came away with positive impressions.

deoee

Anyone else gonna throw 30 bucks at black desert just to kill time until The Division hits in the grindiest most time consuming way possible?

Nah I dunno, kinda looks just like every other MMO :-/

I can't add you now ;_;
I will look my stuff up later.

edit:

Nope, I even have 2 monitors and one is turned away from everyone >:D

You got the set up at that internship.

Got for it, its a darn good game so far. Have the explorer pack can't wait to play more until the release of this.

Nah I dunno, kinda looks just like every other MMO :-/

Don't sell it to short. It has a lot of interesting features and upcoming content. Love the action combat personally.

Anyone think this will surpass Destiny for launch sales of new IP? Seems hype and interest has been on some curve of momentum now for quite a while and everyone that tried the beta almost came away with positive impressions.

I don't think so right out the gate, but it should do really, really well as a new IP (Near or Top of the sellers chart on Steam and Amazon) . Given the market it's hitting that Destiny didn't touch. Though over the next few weeks or month after release, if the game is really good and people come away with better impression's. Things could sky rocket.

The traffic for the division reddit over the last two month is crazy though.

But overall Bungie has way more pull then Massive at this stage, even as a great studio themselves. Plus I'm sure Ubisoft didn't give this game 500 million dollars and half for marketing. Never the less It should make its budget back and more I'm sure.

deoee

Destiny was huge and by Bungie.
I don't think TD can intially surpass this.

Kane1345

Launch sales? I don't think it will.

SomTervo

MGSV is doing me wonderfully, actually. Returned to it after a 3 month hiatus. They've added a lot of endgame content which is super grindy (in a good way) so i'm doing all the missions again to get the side objectives - which is amazing fun. Even after 120 hours i'm progressing bit by bit and finding new weapons/strategies. It's taken me 5 hours of play to go from 61% to 64% completion!

Also got myself an S++ legendary soldier so now i'm rocking Africa with a balaclava like a bonafide badass.

It's filling that hole!

The game ran like shit on my i5-3570k @4.2 and 680 SLI, so I've caved in and will be getting it on Xbox One (for the additional content), although I imagine the PS4 will have the biggest community. Hmm, tough choice.

I'm just really craving a new AAA game to play. Primal will hopefully tide me over until then. All these slow staggered release of games in 2016 is pretty dull.

I will treat myself with delicious Cheeseburgers soon
but for the microwave because I forgot my food at home. I hope I won't die...

Going to buy a double burger for my self for that March 8th goodness, with lots of water.

because why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom