• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Release will be 12:01EST for the US. IF you happen to have a physical copy before that, then the servers will be online at 8:00am EST.

TO CLARIFY
You will only get to play Monday if you are able to get a physical copy early.

Quoting for new page.

PC users... I changed my uplay name. Feel free to add me: BlakStatus

I'm going to be playing this a lot and looking for more uplay friends.

deoee

Release will be 12:01EST for the US. IF you happen to have a physical copy before that, then the servers will be online at 8:00am EST.

TO CLARIFY
You will only get to play Monday if you are able to get a physical copy early.

This makes no sense at all but ok.
I'll just get to Australia then and unlock the game :D

Klyka

Banned
I take it me using an australian VPN will do the trick easily for my digital copy?

ah ok, PC monster race wins again

Circle T

What the fuck? Is it 12:01AM for ALL digital releases?

They added a line to the blog post you linked earlier...
UbiBlog said:
In the US, digital copies of The Division for Xbox One, PS4, and PC will be active at 12:01AM EST on March 8.

12:01 AM Eastern, March 8
11:01 PM Central, March 7
10:01 PM Mountain, March 7
09:01 PM Pacific, March 7

GreyWind

On PC yeah. On console it just checks the store were you bought it and keeps that time. Cant work arround that.

I remember people buying Destiny on Xbox from the Australian store and playing it early. Only downside is the ridiculous price you have to pay.

Tovarisc

The servers go live officially on March 8 at 00:01AM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)*.
*(March 7, 2PM CET/8AM EST/5AM PST)
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-241692-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Since it’s impossible for us to populate the servers in a way that would adequately replicate playing The Division on launch day, reviewers will start playing the game along with everyone else when it’s released on March 8 – after the servers go live officially at 00:01AM AEDT.
In the US, digital copies of The Division for Xbox One, PS4, and PC will be active at 12:01AM EST on March 8.
http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-re...3502---1-odsocmed-17-23-TCTD_C2W--1-4-11-0316

When can I start playing the game if I’ve purchased a digital copy?
o Xbox One - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada)
o PlayStation 4 - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) - except Japan where it will be available on March 10 at 00.001 AM
o PC – The game will be available from March 8 at 6:01am CET (00.01am EST) for both Steam, Uplay
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ening-time?p=11431015&viewfull=1#post11431015

-----

How you can spread info all over the place like this and not even have all the info line up properly?

deoee

On PC yeah. On console it just checks the store where you bought it and keeps that time. Cant work arround that.

Digital Copies are getting fucked

tumblr_nruyzzkmKy1tlxpv8o1_1280.gif

Klyka

Banned
I'm currently negotiating an early shift on monday instead of my late shift so I can move to australia and play early. :D

will still miss at least the first three hours though

Tratorn

When can I start playing the game if I’ve purchased a digital copy?
o Xbox One - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada)
o PlayStation 4 - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) - except Japan where it will be available on March 10 at 00.001 AM
o PC – The game will be available from March 8 at 6:01am CET (00.01am EST) for both Steam, Uplay

So do I understand it right?

Consoles: Local time 00:01 am, so it depends on the store you buy.
PC: Worldwide March 8 at 00:01 EST (so I can't use VPN for other versions, because they release all at the same time anyways?)

They don't use "local time" for the PC description, that's why I'm confused.

Klyka

Banned

PC: Worldwide March 8 at 00:01 EST (so I can't use VPN for other versions, because they release all at the same time anyways?)

oh, that would actually make sense. right it's just the Servers starting, not the Versions unlocking so my VPN won't do anything.

I Need confirmation dammit

Tecnniqe

Banned

You see, here at Ubisoft we don't quite know how to post 2 dates and times without some sort of mess, so its up to you to figure it out.

deoee

Well only if you find a physical copy on the 7th. Otherwise it doesnt matter.

Yeah it's new info every 10 seconds it feels.

So I have no idea why this whole release is so inconsisten.

Why not just unlock everything at the same time but give physicals a 10hour headstart oh and while we're on it just kick PC Digitals in the nuts and let them wait 6 more hours because... WHY NOT?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I guess PC players will need a media and community blackout to avoid story spoilers seeing as the release is WW after 16 hours from when the first copies goes live.

If this information is to be believed.

Tovarisc

I guess PC players will need a media and community blackout to avoid story spoilers seeing as the release is WW after 16 hours from when the first copies goes live.

If this information is to be believed.

Console bros doing endgame content and farming high-end gear when PC gets to play at level 1 :D

deoee

My friends are going crazy and won't buy the game at launch because of the "reviewers start with everyone else" thingy
wtzgU.gif

deoee

Better friends and all that.

yeah they are on the "i liked the beta but won't buy the game if it's more of the same" boat and now in the "Ubisoft is gonna Ubisoft and is hiding something - better wait x days" and "oh but you will be too far into the game already, so maybe i won't buy it at all" bandwagon.

yeah they are on the "i liked the beta but won't buy the game if it's more of the same" boat and now in the "Ubisoft is gonna Ubisoft and is hiding something - better wait x days" and "oh but you will be too far into the game already, so maybe i won't buy it at all" bandwagon.

We have or will replace your friends. Embrace us.

Embrace us DEO teach me german!!

Though that last line is fucking stupid, you can create a new character and have another fresh start with them again. Tell these people you like.

Jesus...this all or nothing mentally.

EL CUCO

Damn it. GAF told me 8pm EST was also for digital and I went half cocked and cancelled the physical gold pre-order from Amazon and now I lost it.

Now I'm stuck with the digital plebs
Blame Ubisoft for that, fucking up a simple pre-load/release announcement in a classy way is nothing short of amazing.
Very true. I should've known better than to trust Ubi wording at face value

Tecnniqe

Banned
Damn it. GAF told me 8pm EST was also for digital and I went half cocked and cancelled the physical gold pre-order from Amazon and now I lost it.

Now I'm stuck with the digital plebs

Blame Ubisoft for that, fucking up a simple pre-load/release announcement in a classy way is nothing short of amazing.

Well only if you find a physical copy on the 7th. Otherwise it doesnt matter.

...and as a digital owner you will have any updates (Day 1, etc) downloaded and ready to go with the rest of the game without the need to install from disc and then download the updates before playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom