• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RELEASE TIMES!

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-241692-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-re...3502---1-odsocmed-17-23-TCTD_C2W--1-4-11-0316

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ening-time?p=11431015&viewfull=1#post11431015

------

XBO: The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) => 00:01 EST is 06:01 CET on 8th

PS4: The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) - except Japan where it will be available on March 10 at 00.001 AM => 00:01 EST is 06:01 CET on 8th

PC: The game will be available from March 8 at 6:01am CET (00.01am EST) for both Steam, Uplay => 00:01 EST is 06:01 CET on 8th

00:01 EST == 12:01AM
06:01 CET == 06:01AM

CET == GMT +1 so 06:01 CET is 05:01 GMT

Preload starts on 3rd for PC and on 6th for PS4, both 00:01 (12:01AM) local time.

This is all just a clusterfuck :D

Tecnniqe

Banned
Damn it. GAF told me 8pm EST was also for digital and I went half cocked and cancelled the physical gold pre-order from Amazon and now I lost it.

Now I'm stuck with the digital plebs

Very true. I should've known better than to trust Ubi wording at face value

I knew it was all too good to be true. Fucking Ubi. ._.

...and as a digital owner you will have any updates (Day 1, etc) downloaded and ready to go with the rest of the game without the need to install from disc and then download the updates before playing.

ONjvOgH.gif

Are you gonna be playing on PC?

Yes

Damn it. GAF told me 8pm EST was also for digital and I went half cocked and cancelled the physical gold pre-order from Amazon and now I lost it.

At least you can preload now! I'm actually having to contemplate rushing home at lunch to get everything started so I can play that night.

I'm....still confused.

What does local time unlock mean, but 0001 Est is being used?

Does that mean 2101 servers open PST or 0001 PST

I'm just gonna play at 11 PM CST on March 7th like usual midnight EST launch times. One hand on ps4 controller, the other on my keyboard for pc version.

But didn't you read all the internal company emails? ;)

-

I'm ready to hop into the Dark Zone wearing some nice fashionable items. Also I can't wait to see full character customization.

Lastly pro-tip, if you keep on making random characters you get the cosmetic items for them. I might spend a bit of time just making multiple characters for the fun of it.

deoee

Embrace us DEO teach me german!!

Though that last line is fucking stupid, you can create a new character and have another fresh start with them again. Tell these people you like.

Jesus...this all or nothing mentally.

Eine Bratwurst bitte! - repeat after me!

cripterion

Damn you guys have gone full insane in this thread. Not much longer now.

Hoping for some Nvidia drivers end of the week/beginning of next week.

Lastly pro-tip, if you keep on making random characters you get the cosmetic items for them. I might spend a bit of time just making multiple characters for the fun of it.

I wonder how time consuming this will be with the new intro.

Also, PC people feel free to add me on uPlay: A_GrizzlyBear.

12:01AM March 8th depending on which store you bought it (12:01AM Store time)

Well, assuming your own time zone dictates which store you're in (this is weird how they're saying that), that would mean people on west coast don't unlock until 12:01am March 8th. Kind of lame

"Hey guys when will we allow gamers to preload and start playing?"
"Let's get XBone to preload on the 3rd and PC and PS4 on the 6th. Servers for all go online on the 8th at *time*"

NOPE

"Let's make a clusterfuck of timezones for each platform for preload AND servers going online"

Klyka

Banned
Guys, apparently and according to the french announcement, ALL countries get to play on 0:01am of their respective timezone.

The servers start at 0:01 am australia time, but your copies will be locked until 0:01am the 8th of your own TZ. In France for example, the announcement states that only reviewers get to play from 2:01pm on the 7th.

It's a mess of a communication seriously, and that's just unprofessional whatsoever.

From Reddit

WTF is going on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom