• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatDH

You seen deem patch notes?

Awww yeah! Massive actually seems to be listening to player feedback and gets fixes implemented pretty damn quick which is really refreshing.
I don't know if it's normal or what but the fact they fixed problems people had from the closed beta in the open beta was surprising to me, in a good way of course. I expected them to just leave the open beta the same and fix the issues for release.

I very nearly cancelled my Gold Edition pre-order today. The Year One info released today made me come to my senses and leave it intact.

Oh and also;

The Division |OT ☣ 01| Empire State of Emergency

GreyWind

giphy.gif

Not enough Pandas

Klyka

Banned
Just a quick thing for people to remember on "quick" fixes in patches:

Right now Massive can just do patches whenever, but once the game is released, they will have to go to certification on consoles and that takes ages every time.

So unless they release patches seperately on PC and console, we will probably get one MAYBE two patches a month.

Be aware of that and don't expect a patch a day if problems arise!

Kalentan

The Division |OT ☣ 01| The Safe Word is... Red Panda.

;)

Which it totally is. If you're in the dark zone and you don't know the DivisionGAF Mascot... Down you go.

reached out to the CM for Division and he couldn't confirm or deny that Incursions would have matchmaking. Seems strange that everything else would have them but they wont. But if they were going to have it why not just let us know.

Klyka

Banned
Expansion 1 goes into underground... so at release the subway tunnels will be pretty much empty / useless?

nah, there is stuff down there and they are quite in depth, but underground will apparently feature much more/larger stuff

Animator

Just a quick thing for people to remember on "quick" fixes in patches:

Right now Massive can just do patches whenever, but once the game is released, they will have to go to certification on consoles and that takes ages every time.

So unless they release patches seperately on PC and console, we will probably get one MAYBE two patches a month.

Be aware of that and don't expect a patch a day if problems arise!

Hope they do what Siege is doing and release patches on PC first and deploy to consoles later once it's tested.

reached out to the CM for Division and he couldn't confirm or deny that Incursions would have matchmaking. Seems strange that everything else would have them but they wont. But if they were going to have it why not just let us know.
The cycle continues...lol

They love this "can't tell you but we have it" thing going on. I'd wait since this won't hit until April and we don't have a lot of details nor Official release date just the month.

Hope they do what Siege is doing and release patches on PC first and deploy to consoles later once it's tested.
Poor console :p

The cycle continues. lol

They love this "can't tell you but we have it" thing going on. I'd wait since this won't hit until April and we don't have a lot of details nor Official release date just the month.

It is strange. I had reached out a few times and got answers on somethings and then "we can't talk about it just yet" on others. THis one just seems overly strange. You announce Incursions, and that they are coming about a month from launch but can't say if there is matchmaking or not. Very strange choice, atleast IMO.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Following launch, you will be able to take on new tasks and challenges within the main storyline and end-game through daily and weekly missions as well as Dark Zone events.
In addition to these ongoing activities, 2 free updates and 3 paid expansions will also be released over the course of the year.

FREE UPDATES

These 2 free updates will add new features and functionality to the game:

Incursions_241887.jpg

Incursions
In April, the first free update will introduce a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams of up to four players will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment.

Conflict_241888.jpg

Conflict
In May, the second free update will add new features to the Dark Zone and add a new incursion in the iconic Columbus Circle

EXPANSIONS (paid)

3 paid expansions will also be released over the course of the year. They are all available in the Season Pass (and therefore in the Gold Edition and Sleeper Agent edition).
Each expansion builds on The Division, continuing the player’s journey and progress with new content, gear and gameplay.

01_Underground_241889.jpg

Expansion I: Underground
Available in June, this first major expansion lets players explore the uncharted underworld of New York City. Players will chase deadly enemies with up to three other Agents through an endless maze of tunnels and subways.

02_Survival_241892.jpg

Expansion II: Survival
Available this summer, this expansion will challenge players will have to survive as long as possible by gathering essential supplies and high-tech equipment to take back New York- if they don’t succumb to the temptation and turn Rogue.

03_Last_stand_241891.jpg

Expansion III: Last Stand
Next winter, a new threat rises as players and their squad must prepare to defend against a relentless foe.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think that the free updates will be delayed by one month for PS4 users, or is it just the large expansions?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
so Incursions == Raids

wonder if that UI "leak" discovered earlier will mean multiple groups.

Do you guys think that the free updates will be delayed by one month for PS4 users, or is it just the large expansions?

That'd be dumb, but it's usually just paid DLC that gets a month early access or whatever.

Anyway, I stand corrected and will enjoy my skepticism on a plate. Good to see that Massive has been listening and is being upfront.

Granadier

I will shit myself if they make 20-25 player content.

Like, they'll need to mail out adult diapers with that update.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Damn, all my close friends are getting this on PC. I haven't updated the graphics card on my PC in years lol. Should I even attempt to run this thing? Will it work on Medium settings at least? This is what I'm working with

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU Speed: 3.8 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Operating System: Windows 8 64 bit
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Dedicated Video Ram: 1GB (lol)

deoee

Damn, all my close friends are getting this on PC. I haven't updated the graphics card on my PC in years lol. Should I even attempt to run this thing? Will it work on Medium settings at least? This is what I'm working with

Why didnt you try the beta? ^^

Granadier

You're fucked.

When I mean "gear sets" I'm talking about collecting armour using tokens (maybe Phoenix credits?) you get from endgame activities like Raids or Heroics and then completing the set to give you massive stat bonuses. That's what it sounds like to me anyway but that might be because I've been playing MMOs for years

You make it sound like it's a bad thing? Maybe I'm reading into your post wrong.

I never really understood the Destiny comparison, nor the need for The Division to be better than it. I love Destiny, it's a great game and I've played a whole lot of it. I've also played quite a bit of The Division, at least the beta, and it doesn't seem like they're alike at all.

I'm sure that it's the loot and the fact that it's on consoles is what's making people lean towards that comparison. Aside from that, I'm not seeing it. I'm also not seeing a reason for this faux-rivalry between the communities. No one is forced to like Destiny, just like no one is forced to like The Division.

If this petty stand off-ish attitude is what the community is going to devolve into, I'm out.

Welcome to the human race. The Division vs Destiny, PS vs xbox, Christanity vs Islam. Everything has its fanboys and trolls. I don't get it either but there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom