• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
These really sorta sound like raids to me. Anyone else?

According to the YT video: They are end game content for max level players in groups of 4, that require preparation and group planning, allocation of skills for "builds" etc. You'll be taking on pretty serious enemies as well as possible vehicle bosses.

Sound like raids... or "mini raids"... sound more complex and difficult than simple strikes and missions.
A raid is much more complex, so at the very least it sounds more like a Nightfall strike from Destiny.

Edit: Lol, some of you guys are really deadset on getting the term Raid in.

In my opinion, the missions available in the beta were basically Destiny strikes. I liked them a lot more because the loot and enemies continued to scale on hard, unlike Destiny strikes.

Edit: I still think there will be a proper raid by the end of the year one content.

Doesn't really matter really.

Exactly. Call them "Pandamonium Mission" for all I care... but i'm super happy to hear there are going to be events that require much more planning, and skill builds that reward the player at the end with high-tier loot. I think that's what all the people calling for "raids" really just want. A tough challenge that then rewards the player.

El_Chino

El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Klyka - GT: Klyka
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar
Jebr0n - GT: Jebr0n
Andodalf - GT: Mrussell5
In Service - GT: Damatris
Bodom78 - GT: Bodom78
orichalcos - GT: oriic
GreyWind - GT: RoyalKnight
cackhyena - GT: yerffejko
Hawk269 - GT: Hawk269
panama chief - GT: Panama chief
CrimsonEclipse - GT: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE
Anton Sugar - GT: Gareth Marenghi
Anfang - GT: Crossedkarma
Kylebarker-GT: Believemeustink
GravyButt - GT: ??
faer0n - GT: faer0n
FlashMeImFamous GT:FlashMeImFamous
Art Vandilay - GT: Art Vandilay
Papilloma - GT: HumanPapilloma
Boredofcanada - GT:Bloodbathnbyond

Add us Or die alone

GT Sharing Google Doc. (Keep the panda gifs to a minimum on this one)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaS0D92biiSNo3H24p7cQw0q1_dQQOgauo10cqFQEJw/edit?usp=sharing

Add your username and GT
Will add everyone here tonight.

I also added my timezone.

Exactly. Call them "Pandamonium Mission" for all I care... but i'm super happy to hear there are going to be events that require much more planning, and skill builds that reward the player at the end with high-tier loot. I think that's what all the people calling for "raids" really just want. A tough challenge that then rewards the player.

Right that's what it comes down to at the end of the day. Its about using all the things you earned in the base game as much as possible and to push towards something more challenging then a main mission or side mission.

As long as these "mini raids" prompted a hardcore mindset not a casual group mentally. Then it's what people want but maybe not at a larger size. Either way you want to feel like you can talk about how the group beat it and or figure out why you failed and try again.

Especially if it's really good.

Tainted

Was there ever a way to patch open beta to the full game ? I left the Open Beta files on my HDD (haven't bought the game yet), in case there was an unofficial way of saving download times for the full version ... or am I just safe deleting the whole thing now ?

PC version

Tecnniqe

Banned
Was there ever a way to patch open beta to the full game ? I left the Open Beta files on my HDD (haven't bought the game yet), in case there was an unofficial way of saving download times for the full version ... or am I just safe deleting the whole thing now ?

PC version

Delete it.

PC version
Beta and Final game are two different builds.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Time to be cool and do nothing :O

87no3BG.jpg

Raven117

Right that's what it comes down to at the end of the day. Its about using all the things you earned in the base game as much as possible and to push towards something more challenging then a main mission or side mission.

As long as these "mini raids" prompted a hardcore mindset not a casual group mentally. Then it's what people want but maybe not at a larger size. Either way you want to feel like you can talk about how the group beat it and or figure out why you failed and try again.

Especially if it's really good.
Well said. That's exactly right

So I switched from Amazon physical Gold Edition to the Xbox One Digital version and got this baby preloaded.

Decided to finally redeem my Agent Origin skins, and yet nothing downloaded to my console. The Xbox site accepted the code, so I assume it's in their database to download, but nothing. Not worried though.

Aren't these included in the season pass now anyways? Maybe that would explain it since that comes with the Gold. Weird thing is, though the marketplace shows I own the season pass through the Gold bundle, it doesn't show up with the other DLC when I check The Division's game files.

Did the same thing when I bought Fallout 4 bundle digital.

Whatever, I'll be rocking dat National Guard gear and Rainbow Six Siege Uplay vest on day one anyways. Golden Siege Boi, representing!

Elfstruck

So I switched from Amazon physical Gold Edition to the Xbox One Digital version and got this baby preloaded.

Decided to finally redeem my Agent Origin skins, and yet nothing downloaded to my console. The Xbox site accepted the code, so I assume it's in their database to download, but nothing. Not worried though.

Aren't these included in the season pass now anyways? Maybe that would explain it since that comes with the Gold. Weird thing is, though the marketplace shows I own the season pass through the Gold bundle, it doesn't show up with the other DLC when I check The Division's game files.

Did the same thing when I bought Fallout 4 bundle digital.

Whatever, I'll be rocking dat National Guard gear and Rainbow Six Siege Uplay vest on day one anyways. Golden Siege Boi, representing!

Hmm, as far as I know for PS4, you can't redeem the Agent origin code until the game releases.

El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Klyka - GT: Klyka
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar
Jebr0n - GT: Jebr0n
Andodalf - GT: Mrussell5
In Service - GT: Damatris
Bodom78 - GT: Bodom78
orichalcos - GT: oriic
GreyWind - GT: RoyalKnight
cackhyena - GT: yerffejko
Hawk269 - GT: Hawk269
panama chief - GT: Panama chief
CrimsonEclipse - GT: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE
Anton Sugar - GT: Gareth Marenghi
Anfang - GT: Crossedkarma
Kylebarker-GT: Believemeustink
GravyButt - GT: ??
faer0n - GT: faer0n
FlashMeImFamous GT:FlashMeImFamous
Art Vandilay - GT: Art Vandilay
Papilloma - GT: HumanPapilloma
Boredofcanada - GT:Bloodbathnbyond
SkinnerSw33t - GT: SkinnerSw33t
Grimmsticks - GT: Grimmsticks

Added me and my brother to the spreadsheet.

JohnDrake

I pre-order my copy today and I will get it on Tuesday. Can't wait to play with the members of this forum. I will get the game for PS4.

Tecnniqe

Banned
And it just went full circle. Shame really.

Someone had to repost it
without even crediting it to GAF 10 minutes later

Whoever you are, you cant read. Shame on you.

wanders

I'm not a of Ubisoft games but I am a huge of fan of cop op games so the division is grabbing my attention. I'm on the fence and I wanna learn more about the game, is there a video to sell me on the game or a video that goes over mechanics and what I can do in the game? The trailers haven't been that helpful lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
Welcome to the internet. Where credit doesn't exist.

Such a shame.

It only took 10 minutes from it was posted here until it made its way to that site.

I dont know who it is but im disappointed since it said not to repost.

You should feel bad for reposting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom