• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is larger than the beta map though, right?
Yes it's larger then the beta section then we got to play. Within the red line at least. The biggest portion of the game map is middle Manhattan so whatever is in the white line, is it. Plus whatever else, underground, subway..etc

Got the pre-load going on PS4, noticed all my dlc is there, only thing is that medic/fireman/police/hippie bundle code still doesn't go through, hopefully it works on launch like they claim, I really like the medic clothes.

I wonder what the official OT will be lol!?

Got the pre-load going on PS4, noticed all my dlc is there, only thing is that medic/fireman/police/hippie bundle code still doesn't go through, hopefully it works on launch like they claim, I really like the medic clothes.

I wonder what the official OT will be lol!?

Mr Bond will deliver something amazing I'm more then sure. But also a OT that contains Alex the Red panda but also doesn't get the mods mad at us..

:v

Nerix

When I preload the game, can I play it as soon as the servers are active?

I had a preload before,and it had a timer until release day 00:01...

Nerix

Ok, so the answer is no. The servers will go live 14h, 7.3. (Europe) and I don't want to wait till midnight 8.3. Physical copy it is then.

Kane1345

Morning guys

Man there was a tiny bit of tension in here last night heh. The wait is getting to people I see. On the plus side there's OT hype today!

Nerix

Hmm, in the German store it says release date 8.3., available. 7.3...

plb0SQ.png

bjaelke

So I just saw on a video that the map we played at the beta is going to be the final map. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed we are not greeting Brooklyn and specially Central Park.

Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's The Division\rogue\sdf_streaming\pc\nyc_brooklyn

Kane1345

Beta map was already big, the whole map will be insanely huge.
Did you know this map is roughly the same size as fallout 4 and Los Santos?

I was really surprised when I found it was the same size as Fallout 4's map. Makes sense though, I already thought the beta play area was quite big

Bahlor

Hope it hasn't been answered before:

Me and my wife have both preorderd the division on amazon, now I read on reddit that we could just buy it once on PSN and share it totally legally including DLC. Is this right? DLC is not account bound? Gold edition on PSN would be a lot cheaper for us than buying it twice on amazon :-/

Klyka

Banned
Beta map was already big, the whole map will be insanely huge.
Did you know this map is roughly the same size as fallout 4 and Los Santos?

yeah but it's just some ugly drab city who wants to play that? I'd rather play fallout 4's brown garbage strewn map!

checkmate divisionists!

All this talk of the beta map is confusing me. Is everyone just talking about the game map or the playable area of the beta? Because I thought it was common knowledge that the beta map (whole area) basically showed the actual game world of the full game.

Now what was clearly missing though
is Brooklyn.

How is this even legit though? Nobody has been on the live server. I mean if true yikes, but I donno

Interesting.

https://np.reddit.com/r/thedivision/...ts_see/d0pbgjn

I think this confirms my theory on rather or not they have more of New York built then we've seen. Especially with Columbus circle being a playable area, i expect Year one to give us more play place at the end and a possible year two to open things up more.

Bottom line there is a lot we have not seen for this game period especially after the datamine.

All this talk of the beta map is confusing me. Is everyone just talking about the game map or the playable area of the beta? Because I thought it was common knowledge that the beta map (whole are) basically showed the actual game world of the full game.

is Brooklyn.
It's not missing anymore.

deoee

All this talk of the beta map is confusing me. Is everyone just talking about the game map or the playable area of the beta? Because I thought it was common knowledge that the beta map (whole area) basically showed the actual game world of the full game.

is Brooklyn.
People find the whole map too small without playing it because.... Reasons!!!

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

To be fair, while it is there, it's not like it is the entirety of it. But seems a decent little play area.

I'm trying to stay away from all these data mining threads etc.
Just going with the public information that has been available and everything that could be logically concluded from that.

But since I have been very curious about this for a while..
Is it essentially the DUMBO neighborhood or bigger than that?

People find the whole map too small without playing it because.... Reasons!!!

People love to be concerned I suppose.

Hope it hasn't been answered before:

Me and my wife have both preorderd the division on amazon, now I read on reddit that we could just buy it once on PSN and share it totally legally including DLC. Is this right? DLC is not account bound? Gold edition on PSN would be a lot cheaper for us than buying it twice on amazon :-/

I do this all the time with my wife, digital had the season pass as a dlc so I think it's good to be used on both your home system (her logged in) and her system (you logged in). I've got it pre-loading on both overnight for us.

So far the only game that didn't work for both of us was the just dance 2016 subscription, as it treated it like a ps+ sub sorta thing so it only worked for me lol.

deoee

I'm trying to stay away from all these data mining threads etc.
Just going with the public information that has been available and everything that could be logically concluded from that.

But since I have been very curious about this for a while..
Is it essentially the DUMBO neighborhood or bigger than that?

People love to be concerned I suppose.

Especially with new games and when it's from ubi. This is kinda the Devils combination

Bahlor

I do this all the time with my wife, digital had the season pass as a dlc so I think it's good to be used on both your home system (her logged in) and her system (you logged in). I've got it pre-loading on both overnight for us.

So far the only game that didn't work for both of us was the just dance 2016 subscription, as it treated it like a ps+ sub sorta thing so it only worked for me lol.

Great to hear! So far I've always bought the games twice^^ As money doesn't grow on trees, this is absolutely the better way for us! :) We tried it once with Destiny, but it didn't work for the DLC and we had to rebuy it. So we're a bit cautious here. Thanks for clearing up. Guess I will cancel the preorders on Amazon then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom