• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatDH

Make a high health + armour build and rock the paramedic gear. Hide and watch gunfights in the DZ until someone goes down and quickly run in, pick them up then sprint off and hide again.

Furyous

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Clear and Present Destiny

^^^^ I nominate this as the OT title. Who's with me? More than likely I have to wait for the hype around this game settles and the three month think pieces come out explaining the pros and cons of the game. Salute to everyone saving NYC on day one as I hope you have a great time.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Well, shit! I loved both betas and was set on getting the game, but some time after launch with work/school and my backlog being the culprit. This morning I was in Best Buy and thought you know what? Fuck it! Preordered on the spot! Count me in come next week!

Tainted

Make sure you lot post a screenshot of the full map with all the icons in the OT on Tues....its the one thing I am curious about before diving in, i'm a bit concerned with the base content at release.

I know there was a glimpse of it previously, but I want to see the real thing :)

Se_7_eN

Well guys, I am outta here... Nice being hyped with you all, but there are too many spoilers going around for me.

See you all in the DZ

ZgwIASL.gif

Well, shit! I loved both betas and was set on getting the game, but some time after launch with work/school and my backlog being the culprit. This morning I was in Best Buy and thought you know what? Fuck it! Preordered on the spot! Count me in come next week!
There it is another agent!

So is there any difference between the Gold version and someone who just buys the game and season pass day one? I can find full game download cards and SP download cards, but no Xbone Gold version cards.

Is the day one content the same? NG outfit, gun, and sawed off shotgun?

So is there any difference between the Gold version and someone who just buys the game and season pass day one? I can find full game download cards and SP download cards, but no Xbone Gold version cards.

Is the day one content the same? NG outfit, gun, and sawed off shotgun?

That seems to be the case, yes.

Tratorn

Mine is at 21.1/33.2. Try going in to library and starting it manually, auto preload never starts on time for me.

I tried, but I do not even have the option for downloading.
I see only the option to like it or "preorder" (lol, that's what I already did, Sony...).

Edit: Ok, had to restart the console. Seems the PS4 doesn't notice the preload option immediatelly when I preorder the game over the PC store.

I tried, but I do not even have the option for downloading.
I see only the option to like it or "preorder" (lol, that's what I already did, Sony...).

Edit: Ok, had to restart the console. Seems the PS4 doesn't notice the preload option immediatelly when I preorder the game over the PC store.

NVM

Eusis

I do wonder how worthwhile it'll be for playing alone? It's something that interests me, but I feel like now may not be the best time and regardless I tend to go more towards solo-focused experiences.

SJRB

Gold Member
I do wonder how worthwhile it'll be for playing alone? It's something that interests me, but I feel like now may not be the best time and regardless I tend to go more towards solo-focused experiences.

For what it's worth, I played both betas and played more than 20 hours solo.

All in all I spent manybe 3 hours in a team, the large majority was solo and everything worked perfectly fine. The game auto-balances enemies and difficulty based on you and how many people are in your squad, so you're never really forced to group up because you're zerg-rushed by enemies. The balance was executed remarkably well.

The PVE aspect of the game is built with co-op in mind, but can be played solo just as well.

Saganator

I talked a buddy into getting the PC version instead of PS4. He's worried about hackers, I really hope they don't fuck it up.

Ordered a Cloud II headset in preparation, can anyone comment on the 7.1 mode for this game and others?

pahamrick

I talked a buddy into getting the PC version instead of PS4. He's worried about hackers, I really hope they don't fuck it up.

Ordered a Cloud II headset in preparation, can anyone comment on the 7.1 mode for this game and others?

Can't comment on Division since I didn't have it at the time, but I find the 7.1 mode works really good in GTAV for simulated surround. If you have issues with odd cracking / static when using the USB dongle you might need to update the firmware for it though.

Hip Hop

Were there any performance gains with the Division Open Beta on PC?
Could we expect a bit better on release?

I got to play on the one before that, but didn't join on this last one.

LProtag

Man, I'm this close to ordering a gaming monitor so I can play this on PS4 in my room away from my roommates.

Anyone have any advice on a decent monitor? I'd like to use it for PC (once I build one) as well, later on down the road.

taco543

Man, I'm this close to ordering a gaming monitor so I can play this on PS4 in my room away from my roommates.

Anyone have any advice on a decent monitor? I'd like to use it for PC (once I build one) as well, later on down the road.

ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q

Gsync and 1440p and 144Hz cant go wrong

There are hackers in every online based game. This is almost unavoidable with both WOW and CSGO, which have been around for a decade and they still are having issues with them.

All you can do is keep them at bay and hope you don't run into any doing live play, unless Ubisoft anti cheat is totally non existent. We should be fine.

Good on you for going PC!!

Saganator

There are hackers in every online based game. This is almost unavoidable with both WOW and CSGO, which have been around for a decade and they still are having issues with them.

All you can do is keep them at bay and hope you don't run into any doing live play, unless Ubisoft anti cheat is totally non existent. We should be fine.

Good on you for going PC!!

I always go PC if given the option :) I'm fully aware there will always be hackers, been playing online PC games for a long time, it's just some games are worse than others. I can and I'm sure my friend can handle getting killed by a hacker here and there, but neither one of us have a ton of time these days so we're not keen on losing hours of progress because of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom