• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Were there any performance gains with the Division Open Beta on PC?
Could we expect a bit better on release?

No gains from closed to open beta, 1:1 performance. At least if you had i5 CPU, game runs them @ 100% constantly limiting GPU performance. If there was gains for i7 platforms I don't know about them.

Patch notes do state optimisation improvements etc. for full release so we shall see how it pans out.

I always go PC if given the option :) I'm fully aware there will always be hackers, been playing online PC games for a long time, it's just some games are worse than others. I can and I'm sure my friend can handle getting killed by a hacker here and there, but neither one of us have a ton of time these days so we're not keen on losing hours of progress because of one.
But one thing this game has, is a pve world that you can share with three other people and you're not forced to do either pvp or pve. DZ is it's own instance more or less so enter it at your own risk. :)

lt519

Sooo why is the preload download only 14GB is that all that is needed to install the 28GB game? Curious since I have to download it all tonight, hotel Wi-Fi starting at 10AM tomorrow ):

styl3s

I talked a buddy into getting the PC version instead of PS4. He's worried about hackers, I really hope they don't fuck it up.

Ordered a Cloud II headset in preparation, can anyone comment on the 7.1 mode for this game and others?
If their anti-cheat is the same as Siege then worry because Siege's anti-cheat is a goddamn fucking joke.

I ended up just uninstalling the PC version and buying the PS4 version. It's not like super rampant hacking but when you are near the highest rank you end up getting put against the same people often and for about a week like 4/10 games had hackers and that was enough for me to say fuck it. I hear they implemented a report function but they need to invest in good anti-cheat software.

If their anti-cheat is the same as Siege then worry because Siege's anti-cheat is a goddamn fucking joke.

I ended up just uninstalling the PC version and buying the PS4 version. It's not like super rampant hacking but when you are near the highest rank you end up getting put against the same people often and for about a week like 4/10 games had hackers and that was enough for me to say fuck it. I hear they implemented a report function but they need to invest in good anti-cheat software.

Can say the same thing about CSGO on a sales weekend especially. Some times their anti cheat doesn't always even work, the community has to help them. Go higher up in rank and you get more obvious hackers it's no different, as you may meet the same group or person cheating.

No anti cheat is perfect on its own.

Sooo why is the preload download only 14GB is that all that is needed to install the 28GB game? Curious since I have to download it all tonight, hotel Wi-Fi starting at 10AM tomorrow ):
Dude you're not downloading it right it seems. Its at least 30gb.

Digital?

Tovarisc

Isn't that 14GB basically "initial install" that system would do from disc and then install rest? Meaning you download 14 and then rest of the game.

Edit: Anti-cheat systems will always be behind of those who create cheats. If you aren't comfortable with this then PC version isn't for you, most likely for any online game.

PS4 preload

raised-handsw.jpg

lt519

Isn't that 14GB basically "initial install" that system would do from disc and then install rest? Meaning you download 14 and then rest of the game.

Edit: Anti-cheat systems will always be behind of those who create cheats. If you aren't comfortable with this then PC version isn't for you, most likely for any online game.

Hmm, won't have to launch the application to trigger the rest of the download will I? Not about to wait up for 3.5 hours.

Digital Gold btw

erawsd

Yeah, Im still getting the PC version but cheating is def my biggest concern. Especially here since the DarkZone is all about risk+reward, so losing exp and items Ive earned to a cheater would be a whole new level of frustration.

Yeah, Im still getting the PC version but cheating is def my biggest concern. Especially here since the DarkZone is all about risk+reward, so losing exp and items Ive earned to a cheater would be a whole new level of frustration.

Then you'll be getting the console version as a back up. Because like all new online games on PC, hackers are waiting to hack, to game the system. Its been like that forever, there is no god tier anti cheat yet with perfect detection people pay good money not to be detected. Just report them all the time and hope they're caught or anti cheat gets them. Expecting anything else will make you're brain hurt...Counter Strike taught me that.

Minimaul

I wasn't expecting to download until 12:01 my time, but it's been up for a bit and I'm downloading about 4 hours earlier than I thought I would. So that's cool. My slow ass connection needs all the time it can get to download the thing.

erawsd

Then you'll be getting the console version as a back up. Because like all new online games on PC, hackers are waiting to hack, to game the system. Its been like that forever, there is no god tier anti cheat yet with perfect detection people pay good money not to be detected. Just report them all the time and hope they're caught or anti cheat gets them. Expecting anything else will make you're brain hurt...Counter Strike taught me that.

No doubt cheating will happen, its more a question of how quickly and diligently Massive can respond to keep it to a minimum. If we reach a point where the game is just rife with cheating then Im definitely not wasting anymore of my time or money on it.

If there's one thing that brothers me about this game purely on immersion level.

Is i hope the finale game or at least the next one Massive does, they should look into capturing a living world, even a half empty one better next time. Because the e3 2013 demo seemed to hint at a more living atmosphere, with events happening without you being involved really.

Compared to whats been shown so far, it's something i hope games of this nature expand on and improve. Since its weird that rioters don't fight each other in the game randomly (Rioters seem like gangs and gangs don't just band together) like, maybe they should be fighting to stay alive or for food or territory. Also the JTF don't spot rioters near by nor fight them or react to gun fire and they pretty much suck at killing enemies.

Plus i hate that you have to be present for that to be a factor or for it to activate the scenario. Its way to theme park currently, when it should be more organic.

On a separate note, there is a weird copy paste thing going on with one of the female character models. The factions video has her being shot by a riker, the one in Camp Hudson and the JTF woman whose pretty blunt at the BoO.

Really jarring.

Tainted

If there's one thing that brothers me about this game purely on immersion level.

Is i hope the finale game or at least the next one Massive does, they should look into capturing a living world, even a half empty one better next time. Because the e3 2013 demo seemed to hint at a more living atmosphere, with events happening without you being involved really.

Compared to whats been shown so far, it's something i hope games of this nature expand on and improve. Since its weird that rioters don't fight each other in the game randomly (Rioters seem like gangs and gangs don't just band together) like, maybe they should be fighting to stay alive or for food or territory. Also the JTF don't spot rioters near by nor fight them or react to gun fire and they pretty much suck at killing enemies.

Plus i hate that you have to be present for that to be a factor or for it to activate the scenario. Its way to theme park currently, when it should be more organic.

On a separate note, there is a weird copy paste thing going on with one of the female character models. The factions video has her being shot by a riker, the one in Camp Hudson and the JTF woman whose pretty blunt at the BoO.

Really jarring.

The PvE content outside of the missions in the beta did seem really static....but they did say they will be adding more AI to those areas, whether or not that will fix this remains to be seen.

I haven't bought the game yet....because I only really interested in the PvE (The darkzone is ok....but I got bored of the rinse/repeat gameplay pretty quickly), so I need some convincing before paying full price until I know more of what it offers in this regards

The DLC looks good though, so I'm optimistic for the future :)

Interesting.

I think this confirms my theory on rather or not they have more of New York built then we've seen. Especially with Columbus circle being a playable area, i expect Year one to give us more play place at the end and a possible year two to open things up more.

Don't you tempt me with your siren song
Hey were you happy for Leo, got that Oscar? :) also you were great in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom