• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

How many times did dude dig into his "massa" voice? Hate watching him review movies with black folks in them. It's like a switch that requires him to coon the fuck out..shit is tired as hell, and Martin just laughs it off..

How many times did dude dig into his "massa" voice? Hate watching him review movies with black folks in them. It's like a switch that requires him to coon the fuck out..shit is tired as hell, and Martin just laughs it off..

You should leave a comment on their site, but I guarantee you that they'll chuck it up to it being "satire", and will also state that "you laughed and didn't complain about the other times where they made fun of other races, but you're now butt hurt since it your turn". Every time someone complains about an offensive joke, this is usually Korey and Martin's go to comment.

Lach

Hahaha. When they play the Stephen King quiz

They are talking about Needfull Things and how there just was a Rick and Morty parody episode on it.
Korey: (on Needfull Things). Great movie. Also a great book, except for the ending!
Martin: Oh man, I just started reading it.

I kinda feel the same way. In a way it indirectly diminishes the films he's reviewing.

D i Z

Yeah I've been bothered by that and other race related things for a while. They ain't going to correct themselves though until they feel it for themselves.

Yeah I've been bothered by that and other race related things for a while. They ain't going to correct themselves though until they feel it for themselves.
Martin has felt it for himself though that's what makes me saddest. He's been "fuck the police" for better part of 20 years

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
i had to look him up because I hadnt seen him since We're The Millers and was thinking "oh come on, I dont remember him looking that villainous" and straight up the first picture of him on google is him in serial killer lighting
MV5BMTQ4NTc5Njk4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQxNjgyMjE@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

He was actually the original choice to play Pennywise in the upcoming IT movie. He's a good actor. He's great in The Revenant.

Stoked to see Detroit. Huge fan of Kathryn Bigelow

Fury451

Banned
Felix has been annoying af for a while and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get some satisfaction out of Korey chewing him out, even though it was a little unprofessional. Next step would be to whoop his ass on air.

WHat does he do?

Is he that guy that's usually really just loud and disruptive when reacting to things? I usually watch their videos mainly in recent months and just recently started listening more to the podcast aspect again so I caught the one where he gets chewed out, but I guess haven't seen much of the other behavior that led to that.

As someone who's 7.5 out of 10 Girtses white, Korey making that voice makes me a bit uncomfortable but I certainly don't know what to think about it.
patrice.png

D i Z

Martin has felt it for himself though that's what makes me saddest. He's been "fuck the police" for better part of 20 years

Then I just don't understand. Especially when he co-signs it, and sometimes (in less troubling times on the surface) throw a diss or two at those trying to have that dialogue.

_Isaac

WHat does he do?

Is he that guy that's usually really just loud and disruptive when reacting to things? I usually watch their videos mainly in recent months and just recently started listening more to the podcast aspect again so I caught the one where he gets chewed out, but I guess haven't seen much of the other behavior that led to that.

I always remember Felix for this
JAqVbWM.gif

Other than that, I don't think I ever hear him being disruptive or anything, but I mainly stick to their youtube videos lately.

Sai

WHat does he do?

Yeah, and he does it a lot more than the clips you've been watching may lead you to believe. It's one thing to just boisterously laugh at every joke, but he wants to act out for the camera, throw in the occasional commentary.

He chilled out for a while when Korey first threatened to ban him from the studio... That only lasted for a couple of weeks, I think.

Good thing Andrew Wilson doesn't live close enough to visit on the regular. He's easily a dozen times worse than Felix.

You should leave a comment on their site, but I guarantee you that they'll chuck it up to it being "satire", and will also state that "you laughed and didn't complain about the other times where they made fun of other races, but you're now butt hurt since it your turn". Every time someone complains about an offensive joke, this is usually Korey and Martin's go to comment.

Yup..

I kinda feel the same way. In a way it indirectly diminishes the films he's reviewing.

Yup..

Yup..

Yeah, and he does it a lot more than the clips you've been watching may lead you to believe. It's one thing to just boisterously laugh at every joke, but he wants to act out for the camera, throw in the occasional commentary.

He chilled out for a while when Korey first threatened to ban him from the studio... That only lasted for a couple of weeks, I think.

Good thing Andrew Wilson doesn't live close enough to visit on the regular. He's easily a dozen times worse than Felix.

And that's what makes it pretty much unwatchable for me, when the subject is black folks. I've noticed how unapologetic he is when pulling that coon shit, yet goed out of his way to apologize when it's the other way around. That "people say" shit has is practically on some FOX News shit with the dude. I get it..they're in Texas, and don't want to "fuck with the money" I guess.

I just don't feel the need to partake if that's gonna be game..fuck that. They ain't THAT funny..

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think they take social media too seriously. The media in general does too. Two knuckleheads saying some bullshit on Twitter or Facebook doesn't warrant a mention or a "People have been saying..."

It's easy to get in Korey's head though lol

I think they take social media too seriously. The media in general does too. Two knuckleheads saying some bullshit on Twitter or Facebook doesn't warrant a mention or a "People have been saying..."

I agree that he fears being seen as one way or the other..he just prioritizes at times in a way that is straight nonsense.

Yup..

Yup..

Yup..

And that's what makes it pretty much unwatchable for me, when the subject is black folks. I've noticed how unapologetic he is when pulling that coon shit, yet goed out of his way to apologize when it's the other way around. That "people say" shit has is practically on some FOX News shit with the dude. I get it..they're in Texas, and don't want to "fuck with the money" I guess.

I just don't feel the need to partake if that's gonna be game..fuck that. They ain't THAT funny..
In that last quote, the person is talking about Felix and how he acts out.

I think I dismissed your comment too quickly earlier. Especially since other people feel the same way. I agree you should email him about it, as should other people. CC Martin too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I don't think it's they, I think it's 100% Korey. I can't think of a comic book review that didn't have him drop in some DC vs Marvel, with him saying "Those DC Fans hehehehehehe" in that shrill nerdy voice imitation he does.... which he also uses for every single complaint.

Basically, he needs to take a chill pill on the self defense since anything that seems to differ from his opinion, he treats as an attack including from his coworkers.

diaspora

As much as I've cringed at this nothing tops his mockery of the autistic kid.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Y'all their review of Kidnap makes me wanna see it. Holy hell I'm in tears right now lmao

They're spot on with it being a rental type movie. You'll regret paying more than $2.99 to see it. I just had to see it cause that ridiculous trailer has been on my radar forever

Mofo was on the live show for last night, didn't get to watch it so here's to hoping they actually post it this time. I believe he was just there as a guest .

Edit: Apprently, both of his parents had cancer after the spill closed. Thankfully they're doing much better now.

This has been bothering me for a while, but with the recent Nick Robinson thing I was reminded of it. This site/podcast keeps getting praised quite often in many places on this board...so the one or two times I listened/watched it I was pretty disgusted by it. I believe it was around the time of the Assassin's Creed review. It was that episode or one near it(they have many shows and I'm not sure which one I tried). The main host(Korey?) invited a listener/business associate and his girlfriend on to promote something in a segment. Then he proceeded to repeatedly hit on and discuss the girlfriend and how attractive she was, insinuations etc. My memory of it is extremely uncomfortable.

Am I completely off?

This has been bothering me for a while, but with the recent Nick Robinson thing I was reminded of it. This site/podcast keeps getting praised quite often in many places on this board...so the one or two times I listened/watched it I was pretty disgusted by it. I believe it was around the time of the Assassin's Creed review. It was that episode or one near it(they have many shows and I'm not sure which one I tried). The main host(Korey?) invited a listener/business associate and his girlfriend on to promote something in a segment. Then he proceeded to repeatedly hit on and discuss the girlfriend and how attractive she was, insinuations etc. My memory of it is extremely uncomfortable.

Am I completely off?
He's joking - he's not serious and they're not taking him seriously.

Top Bottom