• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Korey just wanted to go all in on the anti-outrage bit, meanwhile Goodwin and Girts have had their ability to feel emotions like anger taken away from how awful the movie was.

Yeah it bothers me on some of their reviews more and more lately how a conversation only happens if Korey wants it to. Like, at all.

Yeah it bothers me on some of their reviews more and more lately how a conversation only happens if Korey wants it to. Like, at all.

I can understand a movie not making you feel some extreme anger that it's making so many other reviewers feel. Korey didn't feel any anger towards it and that it's not worth getting angry over. Some people are acting like this movie is gonna destroy the foundation of animation.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I can understand a movie not making you feel some extreme anger that it's making so many other reviewers feel. Korey didn't feel any anger towards it and that it's not worth getting angry over. Some people are acting like this movie is gonna destroy the foundation of animation.

Korey is not wrong about what he said, but at the same time he is absolutely correct on the conversation can only happen if Korey wants it to happen. Goodwin called him out on it with this one, Gritz got him in Dunkirk. And you basically have Martin sitting back in both cases nodding.

I expected a bit more from the review to be honest.

Seesaw15

Korey's such a gaslighting asshole. Like this review and during the Atomic Blonde review where he condescends to Martin about spoiling when he talked about the same shit 20 minutes earlier. I miss the old crew only because I felt the power dynamic was more evenly distributed throughout the conversation.

Korey's such a gaslighting asshole. Like this review and during the Atomic Blonde review where he condescends to Martin about spoiling when he talked about the same shit 20 minutes earlier. I miss the old crew only because I felt the power dynamic was more evenly distributed throughout the conversation.

I didn't see Atomic Blonde but from what I gathered from Martin,
James McAvoy betrays the main character. Right?

Girts aping Martin after that was what really killed me LOL

And Martin acting like a scolded child "I AIN'T KNOW" lol

But yeah look, i can see everybodies issue with Korey over this, but.

Korey is an asshole, he's our asshole, but he's an asshole. Sometimes it gets the better of him and he's always apologized if he steps over (Don't you EVER) so while it's shitty he does this, that's just his personality, he's not trying to be malicious.

It doesn't ABSOLVE him, tho.

Seesaw15

I didn't see Atomic Blonde but from what I gathered from Martin,
James McAvoy betrays the main character. Right?
I haven't seen the movie either but Korey's previous criticism was that it was a cliched spy story where everyone was double and triple crossing each other. Martin reiterates that point while giving his rating and Korey stops the show to chide Martin and draw attention to a seemingly unimportant comment.

I mean Korey's biggest issue has always been he takes comments the wrong way. If he had chilled for two seconds and listened to what Goodwin was actually asking, the whole thing would have been 20 seconds.

I get that, but Goodwin and Girtz posed to him what he felt this movie had going for it while stating their points, and Korey just flung the anti-rage flag in the air and shut it down.

Korey has a tendency to both talk faster than he can think and get into arguments that he thinks are about to happen. He brings an energy to the show that the other three lack and while it can get annoying sometimes, I accept it as a side effect of that. I only see it as problematic if I feel he does it to stir up fabricated drama.

Draper

I'm fairly new to the series, but the main dude (Korey?) leads any and all conversations. It's to a point if the white dude speaks, he's kinda dismissed or spoken down to. It's fucking obnoxious and detracts from the flow of just reviewing films because the dynamic lacks any sort of chemistry.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm fairly new to the series, but the main dude (Korey?) leads any and all conversations. It's to a point if the white dude speaks, he's kinda dismissed or spoken down to. It's fucking obnoxious and detracts from the flow of just reviewing films because the dynamic lacks any sort of chemistry.

He kinda does it to everyone, Girts is just new meat. The flow is better if you listen on the website or SoundCloud, the YouTube videos are cut for time. And since Korey does the intros, that's usually the bulk.

He has been kinda bullish lately though. I can't remember the video but it was basically just him talking for 10 mins straight lol. I think it would be nice if they took turns doing the intros, or someone else starting it off. Korey kinds gives his full rundown opinion and then speeds through other's on some movies.

Gattsu25

Banned

The white dude, Girtz, usually has the shallowest analysis of the movies. Generally rates lower than everyone else. All that said, he's really good at impressions and is pretty damned funny.

The white dude, Girtz, usually has the shallowest analysis of the movies. Generally rates lower than everyone else. All that said, he's really good at impressions and is pretty damned funny.

I'm fine with Girts most of the time, but when he and Goodwin looked at the The Defenders trailer, and he said fuck Iron Fist and stop trying to make the character happen with little to no reason as to why, like...come on. It was such an over-reactionary opinion and Goodwin didn't counter it. Mind you, I'm not defending Iron Fist as a show, but he didn't even finish a full episode, admitted it was because he was tired and didn't feel like it. Mind you, he did say he wasn't feeling the episode either, and that's fine, but holy shit what an absolutist stance for no reason.

dmshaposv

Girtz has some crazy eyes thing goin on. I keep getting distracted by his expressions when Korey talks.

But I do appreciate his funny impressions.

Magwik

Banned
I really don't get the complaints of Korey talking too much. He isn't just reviewing a movie, he has to also introduce the movie, tell everyone what's being pitched, establish the main cast, it's all something the others can do, but nobody ever does it as well.

I really don't get the complaints of Korey talking too much. He isn't just reviewing a movie, he has to also introduce the movie, tell everyone what's being pitched, establish the main cast, it's all something the others can do, but nobody ever does it as well.

It's just more noticeable now in comparison to Spill days. Back then, you had Chris, Martin, and Cargill (and Co-Host 3000 to a lesser extent, he really shined on the freeform podcasts like Let's Do This rather than reviews) who could all hold their own so it didn't just feel like "The Korey Show".

Also, like a previous poster said, on Soundcloud it is a little more balanced. A lot of complaints are coming in from people who only watch them on YouTube.

It's just more noticeable now in comparison to Spill days. Back then, you had Chris, Martin, and Cargill (and Co-Host 3000 to a lesser extent, he really shined on the freeform podcasts like Let's Do This rather than reviews) who could all hold their own so it didn't just feel like "The Korey Show".

Also, like a previous poster said, on Soundcloud it is a little more balanced. A lot of complaints are coming in from people who only watch them on YouTube.
I also think Korey is the one who plans out how to introduce the "clips" they have for each movie in a way that's entertaining and funny (And doing so in a way that isn't too obvious with that fits in the flow of the conversation).

I don't blame Korey for wanting to be in control of almost everything. He slowly watched Spill get taken away from him and he doesn't want that to happen again. He's gotta be on top of everything 24/7. Out of all the crew Korey is the most presentable.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Korey has a tendency to both talk faster than he can think and get into arguments that he thinks are about to happen. He brings an energy to the show that the other three lack and while it can get annoying sometimes, I accept it as a side effect of that. I only see it as problematic if I feel he does it to stir up fabricated drama.
Pretty much. Korey has this weird anxiety when he thinks KG and Martin are about to "team up" against him, lol. Sometimes they're just looking at him normally and he thinks it's an indication that they'll chew him up.

He kinda does it to everyone, Girts is just new meat. The flow is better if you listen on the website or SoundCloud, the YouTube videos are cut for time. And since Korey does the intros, that's usually the bulk.

He has been kinda bullish lately though. I can't remember the video but it was basically just him talking for 10 mins straight lol. I think it would be nice if they took turns doing the intros, or someone else starting it off. Korey kinds gives his full rundown opinion and then speeds through other's on some movies.
Yeah, it definitely flows differently on the full shows. The youtube versions edit the others out too much sometimes.

Pretty much. Korey has this weird anxiety when he thinks KG and Martin are about to "team up" against him, lol. Sometimes they're just looking at him normally and he thinks it's an indication that they'll chew him up.

Yeah, it definitely flows differently on the full shows. The youtube versions edit the others out too much sometimes.
To be fair, this did happen recently on the Cars 3 review. It was hilarious to watch him realize it. :)

Does anyone feel bad for Felix?

I did when Korey lashed out on him but after he came back for that Goodwin show and still acted the same I don't feel so bad for him anymore. He knows what he's doing. lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I did when Korey lashed out on him but after he came back for that Goodwin show and still acted the same I don't feel so bad for him anymore. He knows what he's doing. lol

I still kinda do. I don't know much about the thing with Goodwin though.

I just started watching these guys. They are hilarious. I don't like the Orange colored woman though.
You, sir, have no taste. Be gone with you.
hhh4.png

\jk, seriously though, Danielle's alright but has some off days.

That's ironically the draw.. Korey is an condensing asshole and the best reviews are when him and martin ate getting into it.

I think it was the Sunday show where Goodwin had to takeover cuz Korey was on his honeymoon. Felix, now that Korey wasn't there, sat in for the Goodwin show and still acted loud and obnoxious. As if he didn't learn anything as to why he was kicked out.

Korey and Girtz sat him down and flat out said "look you can be here, but I need you to tell me, yes or no, can you be quiet and not disrupt" right after the Goodwin thing, and he couldn't give them a yes or no answer so that changed my opinion on him completely.

He's had a bunch of chances.

Lijik

Damn, they roasted Will Poulter hard.

i had to look him up because I hadnt seen him since We're The Millers and was thinking "oh come on, I dont remember him looking that villainous" and straight up the first picture of him on google is him in serial killer lighting
MV5BMTQ4NTc5Njk4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQxNjgyMjE@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

caliph95

Korey and Girtz sat him down and flat out said "look you can be here, but I need you to tell me, yes or no, can you be quiet and not disrupt" right after the Goodwin thing, and he couldn't give them a yes or no answer so that changed my opinion on him completely.

Yeah I don't feel sorry for him now

Wow, which show did that happen on?

Felix has been annoying af for a while and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get some satisfaction out of Korey chewing him out, even though it was a little unprofessional. Next step would be to whoop his ass on air.

Sai

You know he'd go on a killing spree if they tried. That boy crazy.

Was legit worried about all four of them when they started feelin' that brandy(?) he gave them yesterday.

Wow, which show did that happen on?
I think they had that conversation off-air, before their show. Pretty sure Korey had a similar talk with him recently that went down the same way. Dude has issues, and he's very much aware of it.

I ain't gonna lie though, Felix can be obnoxious, but I was missing his goofy laughter a lil' bit. :p

Top Bottom