• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Interesting report... Thanks, if they'd put a staff member in charge of doing this 24/7 imagine the headway they could make ;)

Looking forward to the 1.0.6 patch going up and servers coming back online... Hoping I can carve out some time to play today.... if not, I have a long weekend starting on Thursday

I'm at a bit of an impasse though. I am level 16 and have 8 skill points banked up. I am a nightblade and can't decide to go bow or dual wield... i don't have enough points to invest heavily in both at this moment, and I keep getting my ass handed to me at the point I am in my quests, I need to make some hard choices because I like both forms...

Dammit why didn't I just go Sorc with staff, would make things much easier on me :p

I am planning on doing bow and dual wield with daggers... Right now... my focus is on my bow....

KePoW

Banned
I just saw a Grandmaster take out some bots in a dungeon. The bots were farming the boss when the GM appeared nearby and yelled for the bots to come over to him or their accounts would be banned at the same time as telling the non bots in the area, like me, to back off out of the way. A couple of the bots logged but the rest got smited!

Whoa I'm surprised some of the bots actually logged.

But I was just telling my friend yesterday, that I have noticed less dungeon boss bots for sure the past week.

also, I've just started zone 3 (greenshade) for the dominion.

I've just hit level 22.. and everything outside the starting city seems way too strong for me... but i've 100%'d the quests in the previous zones (including the training island)

am I too low level? or am I bad at playing? lol
Sounds like it. I just got there myself and I'm 26 going on 27. Did you get the quest achievements for the other zones?

Interesting report... Thanks, if they'd put a staff member in charge of doing this 24/7 imagine the headway they could make ;)

Looking forward to the 1.0.6 patch going up and servers coming back online... Hoping I can carve out some time to play today.... if not, I have a long weekend starting on Thursday

I'm at a bit of an impasse though. I am level 16 and have 8 skill points banked up. I am a nightblade and can't decide to go bow or dual wield... i don't have enough points to invest heavily in both at this moment, and I keep getting my ass handed to me at the point I am in my quests, I need to make some hard choices because I like both forms...

Dammit why didn't I just go Sorc with staff, would make things much easier on me :p
I know your pain. I still haven't picked a secondary weapon because I can't decide what to choose. And with fewer Nightblades than other classes as far as I see, I feel like I've made a huge mistake haha.

I've got like 15 skill points banked, it's bad.

Dunlop

Thanks for sharing your build, I appreciate it. It gives me some ideas on how I might focus mine in the future.

Any chance you can expand on this?

I don't normally play MMOs so basic assumed knowledge of genre mechanics is not something I have. How am I, in a group, supposed to balance damage with aggro, an immeasurable quantity?

I've only ever dabbled in tanking and healing before, but never at high level play.

I'm not sure about how the ESO aggro mechanics work but generally in a PVE group dungeon setting you will have

Tank
Healer
DPS

The tank will attack the mobs first to generate "aggro" (aggro keeps the enemy focus)
Once aggro is established DPS will then attack, every attack builds aggro but they key is to keep it less than the tank. Tanks are designed to be attacked by mobs (high hit points and armor)
Heals also generate aggro

So if you are playing a DPS, you attack after the tank has aggro. If suddenly a mob breaks off an attacks you, it means your aggro level is higher than the tank. Stop attacking (and try to stay alive) to make your aggro meter go down. When the mob is back on the tank start to attack again.

Many DPS do not do this and what happend is they take massive damage from a mob(s), which forces the healer to spam massive heals to keep said DPS alive. Now the both of them are generating tons of aggro and the tank will start to lose control of the encounter and it will often lead to a wipe.

this is a simplified explanation (some classes have aggro dumping abiliites for example) and not sure how it applies to ESO and my dungeon running was very minimal

KePoW

Banned
I know your pain. I still haven't picked a secondary weapon because I can't decide what to choose. And with fewer Nightblades than other classes as far as I see, I feel like I've made a huge mistake haha.

Dude, you know you can respec later right. Pick something and go for it, otherwise it's severely gimping yourself!

Alur

I'm at a bit of an impasse though. I am level 16 and have 8 skill points banked up. I am a nightblade and can't decide to go bow or dual wield... i don't have enough points to invest heavily in both at this moment, and I keep getting my ass handed to me at the point I am in my quests, I need to make some hard choices because I like both forms...:p

My nightblade is 22 and I was struggling with a capital 'S' with him as dual wield. Swapped to bow and it's been much more forgiving. I will also say I have two other high level characters now, though, so experience might have something to do with it.

I see this a lot and you are seriously over-thinking this. I did the same thing to start...there is absolutely no reason to do.

You get skill points from literally everywhere, and you can skyshard hunt any zone you are currently viable for which will get you a few more. You get one each level, etc. There is no decision you are going to make that is going to seriously damage you so badly that you can't hit Deshaan (or other faction equivalent) and just respec quickly.

If you want to save 1 or 2 skill points when you hit a new zone just in case you might need a different ability (or an important one is about to be unlocked), I don't blame you. I do that myself as I'm leveling. But holding onto 15 skill points and gimping yourself for no reason is making the game extremely hard for you for no reason other than indecision.

The game's strength is it's adaptability - no need to be afraid to experiment.

According to the forums, it's true.

We are aware that some of you are experiencing lag on the NA megaserver. We are looking into this now, and will let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks for your patience!

Edit: They just removed that message from the forums. Hopefully it's fixed.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I was about to say.... That's a REAL bag! I wouldn't mind toting that around but I'm a dork that way.

Somnia

Reddit AMA tomorrow regarding post launch and Craglorn.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/24bd5b/zenimax_craglornpostlaunchgeneral_ama_this/

Hey folks,

We're happy to announce that Zenimax will be conducting another AMA here on /r/elderscrollsonline this Thursday, May 1st, from 3:00 pm EDT - 5:00 pm EDT (7:00pm - 9:00pm GMT)! Zenimax previously did a pre-launch AMA for ESO here on the subreddit and have decided to come back to answer your questions.

While the team would love to talk about Craglorn and Post-Launch, in true Reddit AMA fashion any questions are welcome to be asked.

Participating in this AMA will be the following people:

•Matt Firor – Game Director - /u/ZOS_MattF
•Paul Sage – Creative Director - /u/ZOS_Sage
•Brian Wheeler – Lead PVP Designer - /u/ZOS_BrianWheeler
•Rich Lambert – Lead Content Designer - /u/ZOS_RichLambert
•Nick Konkle – Lead Gameplay Designer - /u/zos_konk
•Gina Bruno – English Assistant Community Manager - /u/ZOS_GinaBruno
•Jessica Folsom – English Community Manager - /u/ZOS_JessicaFolsom
•Kai Schober – German Community Manager - /u/Kai-Schober
As with last time, please note the following:

•This is not the AMA thread. Please hold your questions until the AMA thread is posted on Thursday.
•Please keep in mind our subreddit rules, especially rule #1 regarding rude behavior, insults, and disrespectful content. The team is more than happy to hear both your praise and your criticism, but we ask that you keep it constructive and respectful towards each other and to Zenimax, regardless of your opinions.
The /r/elderscrollsonline mod team thanks both Zenimax and our community here on the subreddit for making this possible, as without everyone's support, we wouldn't be here to serve as a community resource for ESO players.

See you on Thursday at 3:00pm EDT/7:00pm GMT!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
In case you didn't notice, for Asia and Australia GAF

Starting next week Thursday, we have updated the maintenance times for the North American megaserver of The Elder Scrolls Online.
This will allow our fans in the East Asia and Oceania to enjoy their Friday nights in ESO. The European maintenance windows remain unchanged.

The updated maintenance times are:

North American Megaserver
Mondays at 8:00am EDT (12pm GMT)
Thursdays at 8:00am EDT (12pm GMT)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sounds like it. I just got there myself and I'm 26 going on 27. Did you get the quest achievements for the other zones?

Yeah got the achievements for the other zones lol. so I don't know how i'm 5 levels below you. also nightblade!

i've started putting my extra skills on clothing / woodworking to try and explore / see what the skills are like. Saving up for a re spec now though to get rid of some of the early skills I no longer use at all.

In case you didn't notice, for Asia and Australia GAF

Excellent! now I can sit at home on a Friday night and.. be cooler :D :D

Yeah got the achievements for the other zones lol. so I don't know how i'm 5 levels below you. also nightblade!

i've started putting my extra skills on clothing / woodworking to try and explore / see what the skills are like. Saving up for a re spec now though to get rid of some of the early skills I no longer use at all.
Awesome! Hit me up in the game if you want a crafting buddy (deconstructing items another player has crafted gives the most experience.) I'm also doing both of those right now and have wayyyy too many materials clogging up my bank.

Edit: Oh poop, meant to edit this in, sorry for the double.

I'm not sure about how the ESO aggro mechanics work but generally in a PVE group dungeon setting you will have

Tank
Healer
DPS

The tank will attack the mobs first to generate "aggro" (aggro keeps the enemy focus)
Once aggro is established DPS will then attack, every attack builds aggro but they key is to keep it less than the tank. Tanks are designed to be attacked by mobs (high hit points and armor)
Heals also generate aggro

So if you are playing a DPS, you attack after the tank has aggro. If suddenly a mob breaks off an attacks you, it means your aggro level is higher than the tank. Stop attacking (and try to stay alive) to make your aggro meter go down. When the mob is back on the tank start to attack again.

Many DPS do not do this and what happend is they take massive damage from a mob(s), which forces the healer to spam massive heals to keep said DPS alive. Now the both of them are generating tons of aggro and the tank will start to lose control of the encounter and it will often lead to a wipe.

this is a simplified explanation (some classes have aggro dumping abiliites for example) and not sure how it applies to ESO and my dungeon running was very minimal
Cheers for that, it's really good. I've been doing not terribly then, but I'll be more mindful of preventing aggro pull in the future. The nice thing is, with the Invis skill (I forget the name) for Nightblades, I imagine that would give a good short window to let the tank re-pull if I accidentally get too much attention.

Dude, you know you can respec later right. Pick something and go for it, otherwise it's severely gimping yourself!
I know, but it's expensive and I don't wanna fuck up! D: Pressure!

I see this a lot and you are seriously over-thinking this. I did the same thing to start...there is absolutely no reason to do.

The game's strength is it's adaptability - no need to be afraid to experiment.
Yeah, I know. I'll try to figure something out tonight then. I'm often paralyzed by too much choice. I take like five fucking minutes at a fast food place, it's terrible.

On the bright side, the fact that I'm not feeling gimped while playing tells me my build is at least not bad. I can handle a few enemies at my level at a time.

Somnia

The road ahead (on my phone, source is eso main site)

As we reach the four-week mark of ESO and are about to embark on our first major update, now is a good time to talk about what we’ve been doing for the game in the past month, what we’re working on currently, and what exciting new content and systems we plan to add over the next few months.

First and foremost, as I posted in my mini-update last week, we’re working every day to reduce gold farming and botting, which detract from the gameplay experience for everyone. You may have seen Customer Support GMs in the game over the last week actively banning bots in dungeons. We’re also doing a lot of work behind the scenes to keep the game honest and will continue to do so. Please keep helping us by reporting botting and spamming activity in-game.

We’re also continuing to fix bugs as we find them and as players report them to us. In a world as large as ESO’s, with endless variations of gameplay by players, it is impossible for QA to identify all bugs before launch, but we’re working hard to find and close them quickly. We’ve fixed many quest blockers, especially in zone, NPC guild, and main story quests, but we know there are still others. These affect far fewer players, but they’re annoying when encountered and we will address them. Fixes are getting patched in during our regular weekly updates, and of course Update 1 (see below) will contain many more.

As you may have seen from the patch notes on PTS (Update 1 has been available to our PTS players for a week), the first update contains much more than just Craglorn, our first Adventure Zone. It also contains lots of tweaks and bug fixes above and beyond what we’ve been doing on the live servers. Keep in mind that the PTS patch notes aren’t final—more changes will be made as we continue testing. Here’s a summary of what’s new in Update 1:
•Craglorn, the first Adventure Zone, specifically created for groups of Veteran Rank 1 and above characters

•Trials, which are 12-player “raid”-type instances for Veteran Rank characters, featuring completion time leaderboards

•Death recap: you can now see who killed you and what ability they were using. This is invaluable information in dungeons, PvP, and Craglorn

•Underdog bonuses in Cyrodiil—you’ll get more Alliance Points and XP while fighting for an alliance with a lower population in your campaign

•Animation tweaks and polish

•Combat ability balance changes and fixes

•Class ability tweaks and updates

•Content bug fixes, especially edge cases where quests could become de-synced

•And much, much more—check out the final patch notes when they are posted in the forums

Update 1 will hit the live servers as soon as testing is completed on PTS. Stay tuned for news about the exact date you’ll be able to play it.

ESO Reviews

As those who follow ESO closely know, a wide range of reviews have been posted for the game, with scores ranging from 90s to 50s. ESO generates strong emotions in gamers—both positive and negative. While I obviously don’t agree with the more negative articles, the reviews are out there, and we read them to determine if there are legitimate complaints that we should address. We are gratified by the many positive fan comments—the love that those fans express for ESO motivates us to keep working to make this the best MMO ever. Some of the negativity in reviews comes from bugs. As you can see, we’re hard at work addressing them and will keep rolling out fixes. The important thing for you, the community, to know is that we’re looking at ALL the feedback (from critics and from players), we’re addressing any shortcomings, and we’ll continue to do so. This game will get better and better every week.

The true measure of ESO is what players in the game think. We’re starting up several community programs that put you in the spotlight and ask you to submit your builds, guilds, screenshots, and more—the chronicles of your life in Tamriel—for us to share. Games like ESO are very, very large and have enormous breadth, and sometimes you’ll find that watching videos and reading stories by other players about the fun and interesting things they’ve done in-game will lead you in a different direction to try new things. You can find a link to information about some of these programs here.

Coming in Future Updates

Along with fixing bugs, combatting black market gold farmers, and balance tweaks, we have a long list of features and updates we’re working on that will be coming throughout 2014 and beyond. Here’s a sneak peek at what’s coming up. For most of these, we don’t know yet which update they’ll be in, but they’re under active development right now:
•A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases

•A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught

•Migration of European Megaserver to our European datacenter.

•Field of View (FOV) adjustment

•Armor dyeing and tinting

•Two new Veteran Dungeons: Crypt of Hearts and City of Ash

•New region of Craglorn with a new Trial (the Serpent)

•Increased ability to pick up items in the world

•Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storyline and quests.

•Spellcrafting

•Horse Racing

•Dragonstar Arena—similar to Trials, but built for a group of four

•Improvements to fishing

•Crafting system improvements

•Improved Looking for Group system
•Better NPC facial animations

•Guild functionality updates: guild store interface updates, customizable guild insignias, tabards, and guild ranks, and Guild Kiosks—guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild.

•Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader

•Awards when you repeat dungeons

•Imperial City PvP dungeon

We recognize that some of the launch issues—especially black market botting and spam, de-synced quests, and the disappearing bank slot bug—affected the early gameplay experience of a number of players. Fixing these problems required us to take the megaservers offline, costing players time in the game. In recognition of this experience and to show our gratitude to everyone who supported the launch, we are giving an additional five days of included game time to every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EDT Thursday May 1st and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time. If you’re eligible to receive the five additional days, a confirmation will be sent to your account’s registered email address. For further details, please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com. This is a small gesture to show our thanks for being part of the ESO community while we work to make this extraordinary game and service even better.

As we end this first month of our journey together, we want to express sincere appreciation to our loyal fans. Be assured that we are working diligently to keep ESO balanced, stable, and fresh for veteran players. We’ve gotten through our launch month well and are heading towards our first update soon. After that, expect many more good things in ESO. Thank you so much for your support and continued enthusiasm about the game—now I’m off to level my Nightblade.

- Matt

So 5 free days, thieves guild, db guild, auction like houses, justice system and more. Sounds good.

nynt9

It seems like they're adding a lot of cool things that will make the game definitely better, but I'm not sure if it's enough to get over the fundamentally flawed core of the game. Interested in seeing how it pans out though, and what timeframe they do this in.

A burning question is, how did they spend 7 years on this game and not have these features to begin with?

Alur

A burning question is, how did they spend 7 years on this game and not have these features to begin with?

Isn't this a burning question for pretty much every MMO, and most games in general? They can never get enough in to suit everyone, and inevitably these games seem to backburner something that players later find a game breaking omission. I'm the biggest SWTOR homer on GAF (or near it), and compared with that launch I don't find ESO missing too much as far as MMO features go. Mainline ES options/features are a different matter to me, though.

Super surprised at the 5 extra days. Honestly didn't think we'd see any time after all this time, but I'm glad they did it. Out of all the features coming, I have only one thing to say: armor dyes now plzkthx.

Alur

I'm not talking MMO features though, these are key features that make an elder scrolls game special.

It is an MMO, though. It's not a SP Elder Scrolls game no matter how badly people wanted it to be. I get the sentiment, but this is something I never understand. We went through the same thing in SWTOR. No matter how good or bad it was, it wasn't KOTOR 3, etc and therefore was abjectly inferior. Obviously it's a disappointment to a large swathe of people who are clearly looking for this type of replication, but I've never understood why you come into an MMO expecting so many single player features to translate. Sure, it would be nice to see some of those things I agree, but I'm just on the other side of the fence from you guys on this one.

This is why the MMO gamers should be grateful Wildstar is coming. Despite whatever flaws it might have, it's a new IP with no baggage so we can avoid this same argument.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Why people continually compare and expect an MMO to be a SP game is beyond me.

Sure, it's based in a purely (until now) single player IP, but ESO is a MMO plain and simple.

Warcraft was a RTS IP before it branched out to be a MMO, people probably got angst about that as well (lack of base building, etc).

KePoW

Banned
I'm not talking MMO features though, these are key features that make an elder scrolls game special.

But this has always been developed as a MMO. So I'm not sure why you're comparing it to a full SP Elder Scrolls game. That's not what I was expecting.

Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, armor dyes and spellcrafting. Can't wait for those. 5 free days, nice. I'll take that.
jQuery%20intensifies.js.gif

Aww yiss, armor dyes, get in my crafting you saucy bastards. I'm still only halfway to VR, so all this content is going to keep me going for a nice long time. It's filling the void Animal Crossing left, of a game I can boot up for a few hours a day and play.

BizzyBum

So 5 free days, thieves guild, db guild, auction like houses, justice system and more. Sounds good.

I wasn't even aware that the Thieves Guild and DB weren't in the game. Of course it should have been there from the start, but good on them for adding it in so soon.

I'm interested in the justice system. Will it be like ArcheAge? I have a feeling it's just going to be a gold penalty if an NPC catches you, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if you go to jail and there's a questline or something for breaking out. That alongside the option to pick up more items in the world seems like they are trying to add more of the single player aspects to the game which is needed.

Also, I actually like that the game does not have a dedicated auction house. It actually forces people to communicate with each other and set up trading with haggling. There's also many guilds set up specifically for trading. It gives it that feel of a player-driven economy that old school MMO's had before everything went easymode themepark.

also...

•Better NPC facial animations

rHD9myq.png

Yes please...

Also, I actually like that the game does not have a dedicated auction house. It actually forces people to communicate with each other and set up trading with haggling. There's also many guilds set up specifically for trading. It gives it that feel of a player-driven economy that old school MMO's had before everything went easymode themepark.
Yeah, it's interesting how a race to the bottom on prices has been slowed by the lack of a unified global economy. Aside from motifs which have devalued steadily, most items don't seem much more or less expensive than a week from launch.

There is huge thing Zenimax is doing differently compared to SWTOR/Bioware/EA/

Acknowledging its faults and listening to the community. That alone could keep them out of any "trouble" this game gets into.

Really impressed with that statement.

BizzyBum

There is huge thing Zenimax is doing differently compared to SWTOR/Bioware/EA/

Acknowledging its faults and listening to the community. That alone could keep them out of any "trouble" this game gets into.

Really impressed with that statement.

I just noticed though.. no mention of /say chat bubbles. =(

That's something I think needs to be in there. Yes, it breaks "immersion" but it would make it so much easier to see who's talking to you in your area. At least have it an option to toggle it on/off in the settings.

I just noticed though.. no mention of /say chat bubbles. =(

That's something I think needs to be in there. Yes, it breaks "immersion" but it would make it so much easier to see who's talking to you in your area. At least have it an option to toggle it on/off in the settings.
From the reddit AuA:

[–]ZOS_Sage [score hidden] an hour ago
Are you aware of the demand for optional (toggle on/off) chat bubbles that players have been asking for since July of last year? Do you plan on listening to the players and adding back the optional chat bubble feature?
Yes. We have chat bubbles working internally. So we want to enable them soon, and testing will dictate which update they arrive in.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/24h8dv/welcome_to_the_zos_aua/

Somnia

Best part about the AMA?

BAT SWARM IS BEING FIXED SOON (tm)

Thank GOD, it's been hurting PVP for far too long and needs toned down. This is coming from someone who uses it also lol

Somnia

Details on upcoming vampire changes

Yeah, we are aware of the issues vampires in PvP. One bug fix and two balance changes are in the pipe, and should get to you guys next week. The changes are:

•Fixed the bug where multiple Bat Swarms can be stacked on the same Vampire.
•Reduced the movement speed bonus durring mist form to 30% (which makes it equivalent to the "Boundless storm" morph of Lightning form)
•Reduced the Vampire ability cost reduction to 7% per stage
We'll continue to monitor Vampires in pvp after these changes hit as well.

This was much needed and I'm happy to see these changes. PVP balance was being thrown out of whack with all the vampire batswarms, there are still issues with PVP, but this HAD to be fixed and fast.

OH MY GOD TRUE FULLSCREEN IN 1.!.

Lord have mercy, will I finally run this game in crossfire?
Hmm? I'm rocking dual 7970 GEs, but am new to Crossfire still, relatively. Is it something that needs to be enabled per game, or configured per game?

Haha, autocorrect changed rocking to fucking. It knows my vocabulary too well :(

Hmm? I'm rocking dual 7970 GEs, but am new to Crossfire still, relatively. Is it something that needs to be enabled per game, or configured per game?

Haha, autocorrect changed rocking to fucking. It knows my vocabulary too well :(
A fellow CF 7970 buddy. :) The game can't be run in multiGPU mode because it doesn't have true fullscreen, only borderless windowed. So it will only make use of one 7970.

It may not work even after the fullscreen update, but it at least means we can see some driver support for it.

Here's hoping it works out of the gate though.

But to answer your question, it's up the devs/AMD to have a game run properly in crossfire, but pretty much any game can run in it. Lately though most every MMO I've played had really bad CF/SLI support at launch... ESO, FFXIV, Wildstar worries me too.

Borderless Window >>>>> Fullscreen

I would never play any MMO other than Borderless Window
I used to feel the same way.

Then I saw the difference between FFXIV w/o multigpu support and with. FPS doubled everywhere. CPU dependant games my ass. (I half jest, MMOs are cpu driven especially in active areas).

Blahblahblah, I'm a graphics/FPS whore. Give me my fullscreen support.

Hawk269

Awesome! Hit me up in the game if you want a crafting buddy (deconstructing items another player has crafted gives the most experience.) I'm also doing both of those right now and have wayyyy too many materials clogging up my bank.

I did not know this until I was about Level 15 and some random person asked for crafting buddy and explained it to me. I decided to try it and sure enough, your experience when you deconstruct things others make sky rockets. We would each make 20 bows, then trade them and do the deconstruct. It works really well.

There is a small guild called the Freemason's and the sole focus is to have a list of contacts for doing this. If you want to join, just let me know and I can add you.

KePoW

Banned
I did not know this until I was about Level 15 and some random person asked for crafting buddy and explained it to me. I decided to try it and sure enough, your experience when you deconstruct things others make sky rockets. We would each make 20 bows, then trade them and do the deconstruct. It works really well.

There is a small guild called the Freemason's and the sole focus is to have a list of contacts for doing this. If you want to join, just let me know and I can add you.

I need crafting buddies and guild!

HowZatOZ

Banned
Holy crap the latest content updates will basically fix all the problems other people are having. Removal of phased content while in groups, FOV slider, justice system, thieves and dark brotherhood guilds, armour dyeing and moving EU servers to EU database.

I don't ever believe in miracle patches or content that "saves" an MMO, but god damn this all sounds awesome. I've been trucking a long at the moment but since last week got massively distracted by Dark Souls 2, so stuck at level 27 while my girlfriend has nearly reached 50. Need to dedicate some time next week to get up some levels but man does this new content sound promising.

For sure, hook a Khajiit brother up! Quote for my info.

Kem0sabe

They still havent figured out how to add search function to the guild store, that doesnt bode well for developing more complex features without serious problems.

Also, no fixed date on the European server migration, pvp is nigh impossible at this stage.

Somnia

They still havent figured out how to add search function to the guild store, that doesnt bode well for developing more complex features without serious problems.

Also, no fixed date on the European server migration, pvp is nigh impossible at this stage.

There's an add-on with search, just download that lol

Regarding the EU server, no idea, sucks for everyone on that server right now. I almost wonder if they are waiting to see sub numbers before committing to the money on moving it over.

Alur

Regarding the EU server, no idea, sucks for everyone on that server right now. I almost wonder if they are waiting to see sub numbers before committing to the money on moving it over.

From the AMA yesterday:

Zenimax said:
As soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.

Sounds like it's past ready, but they can't get their heads up long enough to do the move.

Top Bottom