• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Ricker

That bug sucks ass, but fortunately it doesn't happen too often to me.

I think you are actually stunned but there is no animation so you think the game is frozen...I might be wrong though...

This phasing issue they are having because of the ''Megaserver'' is the big culprit for a lot of bugs though...and it creates some pretty annoying ones,like no loot on the corpse of the NPC you need,after doing a 45 minute instance dungeon,forcing you to start all over(Darkshade Cavern)...overall though,I love the game.

owlbeak

I love the way this game looks. :)

1ayk0n.png

2s6jkw.png

3o7jqg.png

Dunlop

Been over a week and I still have a pending $15 hold on my credit card.

It should have been done by now, you guys made me nervous as I just cancelled so I checked on paypal and the money was returned to my account on April 6th.

I think you might need to contact them

It makes sense to me, in that it will now force healers to think more about who to heal in PvP, and will only really come into affect in trials, but you'll have at least two healers anyway. I reckon it could be really interesting in making group fights more dynamic, and pushing people to actually think on their toes.

I only hit 34 (Templar) but between my restoration staff and templar heals, there is no single target heal available (AOE or smart heal) with is quite aggravating as it will always just go to the 2 people with the lowest HP so the choice is really removed for you

I only hit 34 (Templar) but between my restoration staff and templar heals, there is no single target heal available (AOE or smart heal) with is quite aggravating as it will always just go to the 2 people with the lowest HP so the choice is really removed for you
I played a healer in DCUO and that game uses a similar system. Most of your burst heals will autoheal the person with the lowest HP. You could sort of offset this by buffering the HP of others via placed AOE heals/hots, but for the most part there was no need to heal one specific person.

Not sure how healing in ESO works, the one thing I've never tried.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
It should have been done by now, you guys made me nervous as I just cancelled so I checked on paypal and the money was returned to my account on April 6th.

I think you might need to contact them

I was reading there forums a few days ago and found a massive thread filled with tons of people who still had a pending charge sitting there and they had bought the game on release day. Seems to be they have a billing bug they are dragging their asses on fixing.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged

If it doesn't drop off I will just have my bank reverse it. And while they are doing that they can reverse my initial payment for this shitty game.

Finally finished the storylines. I really enjoyed the final quests especially the last of the main story. I really feel like people have way too high expectations for MMO quests. It felt nicely done to me.

I liked the Molag Bal fight more than I liked the final fight in FFXIV.

Maybe my standards for MMOs are low, maybe I like bad games, or maybe I'm the target audience for this game, who knows (sarcasm). I enjoyed the journey to VR1 and am ready to work my way to VR10.

Definitely keep my sub up for a month or two at least.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
ugh. second boss in a row that's virtuallty unkillable at my level, which is one level above the quest. Good times

Dunlop

I played a healer in DCUO and that game uses a similar system. Most of your burst heals will autoheal the person with the lowest HP. You could sort of offset this by buffering the HP of others via placed AOE heals/hots, but for the most part there was no need to heal one specific person.

Not sure how healing in ESO works, the one thing I've never tried.

As an avid healer in MMO's, I like the system in that you are constantly involved in the action (i.e not clicking namebars) but it also removes a lot of the challange and split second decision making that made healing fun (i.e let dipshit DPS who refused to manage aggro die in order to save the more important tank)

again I only made it until 34 (I will still play a bit in the next week before my sub runs out) so maybe there are different heal types (cone or line of sight)

docbon

Someone actually bothered to do some testing with FTC active, and it turns out an aoe cap is already in place for all the aoe healing skills with the exception of ultimates. I'm assuming it's the same for damage abilities as well. Prepare to see GW2 style death balls forming as this information gets out.

Heh.

Just a preference thing I guess regarding DW, regarding Twin Slashes morph, uses it for the heal tick, not much but it helps.

My guy is pretty heavily spec'd towards magicka ya, I am very much a glass cannon, but I burn enemies to the point it doesn't bother me, plus I can get away from almost any fight if I need to with mist.
Thanks for sharing your build, I appreciate it. It gives me some ideas on how I might focus mine in the future.

As an avid healer in MMO's, I like the system in that you are constantly involved in the action (i.e not clicking namebars) but it also removes a lot of the challange and split second decision making that made healing fun (i.e let dipshit DPS who refused to manage aggro die in order to save the more important tank)
Any chance you can expand on this?

I don't normally play MMOs so basic assumed knowledge of genre mechanics is not something I have. How am I, in a group, supposed to balance damage with aggro, an immeasurable quantity?

I've only ever dabbled in tanking and healing before, but never at high level play.

docbon

Thanks for sharing your build, I appreciate it. It gives me some ideas on how I might focus mine in the future.

Any chance you can expand on this?

I don't normally play MMOs so basic assumed knowledge of genre mechanics is not something I have. How am I, in a group, supposed to balance damage with aggro, an immeasurable quantity?

I've only ever dabbled in tanking and healing before, but never at high level play.

Other games like FFXIV have an threat meter so you can actually manage the amount of threat you generate from damage abilities. In TESO, encounters revolve around CCing and AOEing mob packs, so the threat meter isn't as important.

When it comes time to fight the boss, you just have to be aware that dropping nuke after nuke in quick succession will get you focused and killed.

Alur

Note regarding patch 1.1 that's causing a bit of a shit storm. AOE's will no longer affect more than 6 players.

Motherfucker.

I bragged about this game having no AoE cap and now it's going to have one? :(

Heals are not affected by aoe cap, just player dmg abilities (seige still hits more than 6)

This thread is at the top of the ESO reddit. According to this dude and the folks in the thread, it's been capped at 6 all along so the shitstorm since the 1.1 notes were discovered was more or less for naught. We only thought we weren't capped already.

Much gloating was had in the thread. Not sure if it's true or not, but people seem to be believing it.

EDIT: Beaten! LOL, docbon. I forgot to refresh before I posted :p.

docbon

This thread is at the top of the ESO reddit. According to this dude and the folks in the thread, it's been capped at 6 all along so the shitstorm since the 1.1 notes were discovered was more or less for naught. We only thought we weren't capped already.

Much gloating was had in the thread. Not sure if it's true or not, but people seem to be believing it.

EDIT: Beaten! LOL, docbon. I forgot to refresh before I posted :p.

Pretty much the entirety of the player base operated under the assumption that there was no aoe caps, which was reflected in how people spread out during PVP engagements. Because of this, you'd rarely find instances where more than six people were stacked up tightly, and thus, wouldn't notice you were hitting the cap when using the normal aoe skills.

Now that everyone knows about the cap, coordinated groups will change their tactics and start blobbing, which is possibly the least interesting thing ever.

Alur

Now that everyone knows about the cap, coordinated groups will change their tactics and start blobbing, which is possibly the least interesting thing ever.

Aldmeri Dominion dominion confirmed?

Anyone have a good beginners guide to get into crafting Clothing? I'm tired of my dudes looking like they got their clothes from their local hobo.

Other games like FFXIV have an threat meter so you can actually manage the amount of threat you generate from damage abilities. In TESO, encounters revolve around CCing and AOEing mob packs, so the threat meter isn't as important.

When it comes time to fight the boss, you just have to be aware that dropping nuke after nuke in quick succession will get you focused and killed.
Yeah this is how FFXI played, and I like it that way. Knowing how to manage your hate (aggro) made you stand out against other players. It also adds an element of surprise when the target of the mob changes out of nowhere and groups have to react accordingly.

I don't like having unbreakable threat or threat meters in games. It's just boring.

Now if only MMO devs will stop creating boss fights that follow a scripted set of actions. Most "challenging" content is boiled down to memorizing a fight's script, not necessarily bettering your skill.

FFXI had random TP moves you had to prepare for, sometimes certain moves occured more often, but for the most part, you didn't know what was going to hit until it showed up in the log. Made fights so much more tense.

I'm not sure where ESO stands, some mobs definitely attack in patterns, but I've encountered bosses that used completely different abilities after a wipe.

But Docbon...all I want to do is drop nukes. Big numbers are the way I know that I am better than you scrub.

Edit for real substance: Just read that thing about the cap for AoE and I agree that blob v. blob is the worst pvp known to man. It is the reason I stay away from GW2.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
meh, these bosses are really starting to piss me off. First you have Pelidil, who has a ridiculous amount of health for his level (29), immune to CC, summons allies, then you have Lyris doppelganger, who mauls me in a couple of swings while my Lyris companion stands still doing nothing, now this Cassia Varo who heals herself every ten seconds or so, and another elite you have to drag out of her healing range so you can kill it. What's with these sudden spikes in difficulty, expecially for the level they're supposed to be beaten? Not eveyone plays a tank. I hope a fix comes out soon because it's really really annoying

BizzyBum

I'm really liking the challenge the game provides even at the start. I entered that Oblivion plane through the cave chest at Stonefall and it's tough as hell. I'm level 9 and still have trouble completing it if I'm not with a group.

One thing I wish Zenimax added was an FOV slider for first-person. It feels like it's on 60 or something right now. I try to play exclusively in first-person but I can see how it would seriously hinder you in group dungeons and PvP. For questing and exploration it's serviceable minus the crap FOV.

I hope they never fix that LIbrary bug at the end of Coldhabour... it's just so hilarious seeing 10-20 naked players jumping to their doom over and over.

Uncap the AOEs then leave that bug. :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Had guests over for the last 10 days, and been bloody exhausted. Barely been able to play.

are groups of 4 bowmen still the best for tackling dungeons, KEPOW, ARE THEY?

cant wait to play again. Been logging on each day to feed my horse an apple though!

Charlatan

Neo Member
I'm really liking the challenge the game provides even at the start. I entered that Oblivion plane through the cave chest at Stonefall and it's tough as hell. I'm level 9 and still have trouble completing it if I'm not with a group.

One thing I wish Zenimax added was an FOV slider for first-person. It feels like it's on 60 or something right now. I try to play exclusively in first-person but I can see how it would seriously hinder you in group dungeons and PvP. For questing and exploration it's serviceable minus the crap FOV.

The dungeon you are talking about is Crow's Wood, and it's labeled a "public dungeon" which means it's a group based one, not a solo one. That would explain the additional challenge!

I don't think the quest is completable solo, at least until you way outlevel the flame atronach. He is nasty.

Incidentally, there is a hidden boss in there - past the entrance to the tower you go down some steps to a ruin with ghosts surrounding it - a different type of ghost from the ones you see earlier in the instance. If you clear all 4 or 5 groups of the ghosts before they respawn, a boss will spawn - he's only level 5 so it's possible to solo him at higher levels - if you kill him, you get a skill point.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Someone want to take over the guild? I won't be able to play for awhile. Need to save every extra penny I have for my pups surgery.

BizzyBum

Incidentally, there is a hidden boss in there - past the entrance to the tower you go down some steps to a ruin with ghosts surrounding it - a different type of ghost from the ones you see earlier in the instance. If you clear all 4 or 5 groups of the ghosts before they respawn, a boss will spawn - he's only level 5 so it's possible to solo him at higher levels - if you kill him, you get a skill point.

Sweet, good to know!

Also, can someone invite me to the NA guild?

@Remag_Div

Decided to pull myself away from the game a little bit to focus on my portfolio before 1.1 drops because once it does I will probably be logged in constantly.

Yeah I'm at that murky point where I want to progress to VR10, but with the 1.1 changes I kinda wanna wait and PVP my way mostly. Just been casually questing lately.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yeah I'm at that murky point where I want to progress to VR10, but with the 1.1 changes I kinda wanna wait and PVP my way mostly. Just been casually questing lately.

Yeah i'm on the same boat.

VR3 and i think i will PVP only until 1.1 hits.

Alur

Yeah i'm on the same boat.

VR3 and i think i will PVP only until 1.1 hits.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm kind of waiting for the VR changes to mob exp and PVP exp as well. I'm sitting at 48 on my DK, doing a little of Coldharbour each day while leveling up a NB with a friend. Got him to 22 now. I've all but abandoned my templar and I don't even know why.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Someone want to take over the guild? I won't be able to play for awhile. Need to save every extra penny I have for my pups surgery.

I will gift you 2 months key :) just enjoy the game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Gromph is bestgaf.

all hail!

also, I've just started zone 3 (greenshade) for the dominion.

I've just hit level 22.. and everything outside the starting city seems way too strong for me... but i've 100%'d the quests in the previous zones (including the training island)

am I too low level? or am I bad at playing? lol

I just saw a Grandmaster take out some bots in a dungeon. The bots were farming the boss when the GM appeared nearby and yelled for the bots to come over to him or their accounts would be banned at the same time as telling the non bots in the area, like me, to back off out of the way. A couple of the bots logged but the rest got smited!

Rootbeer

Banned
I just saw a Grandmaster take out some bots in a dungeon. The bots were farming the boss when the GM appeared nearby and yelled for the bots to come over to him or their accounts would be banned at the same time as telling the non bots in the area, like me, to back off out of the way. A couple of the bots logged but the rest got smited!

Interesting report... Thanks, if they'd put a staff member in charge of doing this 24/7 imagine the headway they could make ;)

Looking forward to the 1.0.6 patch going up and servers coming back online... Hoping I can carve out some time to play today.... if not, I have a long weekend starting on Thursday

I'm at a bit of an impasse though. I am level 16 and have 8 skill points banked up. I am a nightblade and can't decide to go bow or dual wield... i don't have enough points to invest heavily in both at this moment, and I keep getting my ass handed to me at the point I am in my quests, I need to make some hard choices because I like both forms...

Dammit why didn't I just go Sorc with staff, would make things much easier on me :p

Fuz

Banned
I think I'm playing too much.

Went jogging in the countryside.
Saw a bluish/purple flowered plant in the middle of all the green.
"Oh Bugloss, I should stop and..."
Then my brain realized.

Top Bottom