• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Somnia

Sooo..... did they just nerf boss respawn timers in public dungeons? Second dungeon in Coldhabour I've been in with long repop timers... been nearly 20 minutes.

I had that issue in coldharbour public dungeons with no bots camping.

I think its just how cold is built.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
gotta say at lvl 27 my attachment to this game is dwindling fast. I know a lot of people love it, but the economy system is completely useless for me; no incentive at all to log in just to check if you sold some of your wares, something I used to do all the time in other MMORPgs; either people in my guilds are fast sellers, or they just dont care posting stuff; sorry, but I still think a true auction house would have been infinitely better. The areas, expecially the Altmeri dominion, are starting to become repetitive: forest, forest, forest, orc village, outpost, forest, cave, cave, shore, forest, city, forest, forest; there's no variety in architecture, all the cities, houses, guilds look the same. All the caves look the same. Armours look really ugly. Everyone seems to run around in flip flops, which is tragical. Dungeons are flat and boring, boss fights are either ridiculously easy or incomprehensibly hard.
Let alone all bugs, lag, absurd maintenance times et cetera. i think I'll play this til level 50 just to finish the story and then bye bye, because I still like the combat, lore and great feel of exploration

Man, I don't know how you guys level up so fast. Are you doing nothing but grinding out quests? Maybe because I spend so much time managing inventory and crafting, but I'm only 22. I finished a couple quests last night before giving after a crash (which seems to be happening to me with greater regularity), and still have a ways to go until next level.

I feel like I'm going to be alone in a month doing VR after everyone else is VR9 and quit.

Somnia

Man, I don't know how you guys level up so fast. Are you doing nothing but grinding out quests? Maybe because I spend so much time managing inventory and crafting, but I'm only 22. I finished a couple quests last night before giving after a crash (which seems to be happening to me with greater regularity), and still have a ways to go until next level.

I feel like I'm going to be alone in a month doing VR after everyone else is VR9 and quit.

In a month we will have 2 more vet levels, adventure zone and raids, player base will drop obviously, but I hope it holds pretty strong.

BTW I'm aoe grinding my reroll (switching from NB to DK for my pvp group) and am level 32 after 13 or so hours /played

BTW I'm aoe grinding my reroll (switching from NB to DK for my pvp group) and am level 32 after 13 or so hours /played
AoE grinding? I'm not familiar with what that means, per se. I'm still a scrub to MMOs.

Also, your time v. level makes me want to sob into a tub of ice cream. If I moved any comparatively slower I'd be negatively playing the game.

Somnia

AoE grinding? I'm not familiar with what that means, per se. I'm still a scrub to MMOs.

Also, your time v. level makes me want to sob into a tub of ice cream. If I moved any comparatively slower I'd be negatively playing the game.

Don't let that shit bother you, take your time and enjoy the game. I am an old school mmo player, I've been around this block too many times (since Ultima Online beta 4). Just enjoy the game and don't let others stop you, we all play mmo's differently so don't fret it.

As for AOE grinding, I goto areas with high respawn rates, pull 8-12+ mobs at once and aoe burn them down, rinse and repeat. I prefer to quest, but i need to get this guy to 50+ fast for pvp reasons. Got my NB to VR3 by questing before this reroll.

The trick is to fight mobs within 5 levels of you for best exp (+/- your level).

bootski

excuse me if this issue has been addressed already or is way out of date but i was watching a video of a dungeon run yesterday and saw a very interesting circumstance.

they were running a 4 man dungeon, 1 member would just ignore the fighting and run ahead and steal the treasures. there was no roll for the treasures or anything, the asshole running ahead got everything he opened. they voted him out of the group BUT it didn't kick him from the dungeon! so now they had a 3 person party with a 4th player in their instance just straight fucking with them.

have these things been fixed:
1) rolling for loot?
2) removing kicked player from instance?

they both seem like absolute nightmares of potential problems and would definitely make me think twice before playing.

Somnia

1) rolling for loot?
2) removing kicked player from instance?

1) Coming soon, all chests in dungeons will give loot to every group member, probably coming with first major patch/content update in the next 2 weeks.

2) I have no idea, I don't play with PUGs

Alur

gotta say at lvl 27 my attachment to this game is dwindling fast. I know a lot of people love it, but the economy system is completely useless for me; no incentive at all to log in just to check if you sold some of your wares, something I used to do all the time in other MMORPgs; either people in my guilds are fast sellers, or they just dont care posting stuff; sorry, but I still think a true auction house would have been infinitely better.

I think you have a valid point on the players who loved auction-housing...but I also would be willing to guess you aren't in dedicated trading guilds. I lucked into two who were at member cap within the first week of release and there is always tons of stuff for sale, and my stuff always sales. I usually log out each night after listing and log back in each day with 8-10 sold items.

I think the crazier thing is how cheap all the gear is. Even the purples.

Man, I don't know how you guys level up so fast. Are you doing nothing but grinding out quests?

AOE grinding, as Somnia said. It's super quick and I recommend it to anyone who rerolls after they've gotten pretty far in. I also find it fun, but I would guess there's plenty who don't or we'd all still be playing EverQuest knockoffs instead of WoW knockoffs.

In a month we will have 2 more vet levels, adventure zone and raids, player base will drop obviously, but I hope it holds pretty strong.

You are Daggerfall Covenant, right? I've AOE grinded two characters - a templar with a friend to 35 and then picked up with dragonknight (who was already 40) and now we are 46 after last night.

I think we are gonna swap to Aldmeri due to the population and level up two more there. It's crazy how fast it is, and that's with people swarming all the spots. If you had them to yourself I can't imagine how fast we could go. And like I said, I'm one of those rare people who like the grinding. I loved FATES in FFXIV.

Somnia

You are Daggerfall Covenant, right? I've AOE grinded two characters - a templar with a friend to 35 and then picked up with dragonknight (who was already 40) and now we are 46 after last night.

I think we are gonna swap to Aldmeri due to the population and level up two more there. It's crazy how fast it is, and that's with people swarming all the spots. If you had them to yourself I can't imagine how fast we could go. And like I said, I'm one of those rare people who like the grinding. I loved FATES in FFXIV.

Ya I roll on Daggerfall. AOE grinding is so much more fun than all the questing, I wouldn't do it the first time through, but from here on out I will. I'll just go back and hit all the public dungeons and skyshards when I hit VR1. I can solo the first 6 instanced dungeons and duo the rest including Vaults of Madness... will be good to go after that. I can already craft VR10 cloth, VR10 staves/shields and have buddy to provide me with full VR heavy.

With Wykyyd's Outfitter and Mark Item it's made it easy for me to build myself with dual spec and loadouts. AOE/PVP and Tank build, just swap my equipment with outfitter and mark item reds out my items preventing me from selling my other specs gear on accident at the vendor.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Sooo..... did they just nerf boss respawn timers in public dungeons? Second dungeon in Coldhabour I've been in with long repop timers... been nearly 20 minutes.
I've never played an MMO, but how does stuff like this work?

Lets say you're completing the quest for the first time, and you show up to the boss room - would the boss be dead if the 20 minutes aren't up?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I think once Trade guilds are working properly, that will be fine for trading - with Auction house purchases maybe limited to TESO Elite?

I'm not high enough in any crafting to worry yet, although it would be nice to have some better armour for sure....

Alur

With Wykyyd's Outfitter and Mark Item it's made it easy for me to build myself with dual spec and loadouts. AOE/PVP and Tank build, just swap my equipment with outfitter and mark item reds out my items preventing me from selling my other specs gear on accident at the vendor.

Oh, Somnia. You have stolen my heart!

It's been a while since I checked ESOUI, but I've been dying for a way to swap out gear and prevent myself from mistakenly selling the offset...I can't tell you the number of times I've had to buy back gear. Thank you, thank you!

BTW, you running your AOE as the destro staff version? I did it the AOE as dual wield very early on before the huge rise of DK flame mages. Kind of wish I had leveled the Templar first now so I would've known better. I've gotta find a better PVP build for DK vampire than the ones I've found.

Speaking of which (again), if anyone is 20+ and on Ebonheart Pact, I've got a free bite (vampire) I'm going to get rid of today so speak now or forever hold your blood in your neck.

Somnia

Oh, Somnia. You have stolen my heart!

It's been a while since I checked ESOUI, but I've been dying for a way to swap out gear and prevent myself from mistakenly selling the offset...I can't tell you the number of times I've had to buy back gear. Thank you, thank you!

BTW, you running your AOE as the destro staff version? I did it the AOE as dual wield very early on before the huge rise of DK flame mages. Kind of wish I had leveled the Templar first now so I would've known better. I've gotta find a better PVP build for DK vampire than the ones I've found.

Speaking of which (again), if anyone is 20+ and on Ebonheart Pact, I've got a free bite (vampire) I'm going to get rid of today so speak now or forever hold your blood in your neck.

Ya I'm rolling Destro DK to AOE with 1h/shield in my offhand. My main build is Destro and 1h/s for PVP... same with PVE tanking but 1h/s and destro.

PVE wise I just go destro aoe burning for trash as that's the easiest way with DK CC talons, trash is easy to just aoe burn. Bosses I swap to 1h/s for and never lose aggro, I let the dps handle any adds and just focus the boss to stay on me. Just have to really know when to block, when to just take the hit, etc. I focus mainly on magicka/hp as a tank and use only magicka abilities to single tank (inner fire for taunt from undaunted) that way all my stamina is saved for blocking/bashing.

PVP wise I use my 1h/s line to buff myself and sometimes in large groups (fun thing to do if I use vampire again, shield rush in, pop corrosive armor, cc with talons, batswarm, cc again, swap to destro and impulse them to death) I've done this before and took out 20 people by myself. I gurantee you Bat Swarm will be nerfed though. Though that combo is easier with a Sorc to negate magic also when I rush in, that way they are stunned/silenced/cc'd and free to aoe death.

I know some of those words.

But seriously, reading stuff like that is intimidating when thinking about PvP. I barely understand and can decide on my current build. My build works, but I worry it's inefficient. Everyone's rolling Templar and Dragon Knight and I'm a Nightblade Archer.

I couldn't even AoE grins if I tried between my lack of experience trying such a thing and builds lack of AoE power.

Well, I guess I can ask what you guys think is a good build path for Nightblade. What weapons or skills seem useful or whatever.

Somnia

I know some of those words.

But seriously, reading stuff like that is intimidating when thinking about PvP. I barely understand and can decide on my current build. My build works, but I worry it's inefficient. Everyone's rolling Templar and Dragon Knight and I'm a Nightblade Archer.

I couldn't even AoE grins if I tried between my lack of experience trying such a thing and builds lack of AoE power.

Well, I guess I can ask what you guys think is a good build path for Nightblade. What weapons or skills seem useful or whatever.

I'll post my NB build later, its not for everyone, but it works great for me. Requires vampire though.

I'd recommend to open with mark, snipe, venom, swap to 2h/dw, teleport/charge in, cloak, surprise attack, then whatever finisher you have. I can kill most 1v1 this way before they respond. If they do I batswarm and then cloak/surprise attack and make my decision what to do on the fly.

If I get overwhelmed I rapid maneuver and then mist form out, if they obviously have me tab targeted I cloak to remove it, mist form again and get out. I've jumped into groups of 20+, killed a guy and got out from all of them this way. Works 99% of the time.

Alur

I'll post my NB build later, its not for everyone, but it works great for me. Requires vampire though.

I'd like to see the build as well. Despite my proclaimed disappointment with NB compared to the other classes, I'm picking up my level 10 tonight and gonna level him up with a couple friends from SWTOR. I suppose the single target nature of the class won't be as bad with backup, though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fyhyagt143kmsv/1.1 Patch notes.txt

1.1 patch notes.

tl;dr
Besides Craglorn and fixes:
VR: Additionally, the veteran XP earned from killing enemies has more than doubled.
PVP: The XP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled.
Instanced Dungeon Chests: Shared Chests – Each player in the group who is within 50 meters of the chest when it is unlocked will get an individual roll on the chest.
Cyrodiil: NPC enemies in caves and overland in Cyrodiil have been adjusted to Veteran Rank five difficulty.
Economy: Reduced the fee for listing items on the guild store.
High Resolution Enemy Textures: New, higher-resolution textures for all non-humanoid enemies are now available! These are viewed automatically.

Damn, now that's a patch. I really hope the XP buff in Cyrodiil feels significant, would be a nice alternative for alt leveling.

I like how a lot of reddit is up in arms over the lack of balance changes. I have no clue why they would start nerfing things when such a huge minority are VR10. Not to mention so much stuff doesn't work right.

Hawk269

Holy crap that is a boat load of issues they have fixed. I applaud them for doing this so quickly. That is a pretty beefy list of things they fixed, some of which me and my wife were annoyed about like Voice Overs not playing at odd times. They do however, need to have a hi-res texture pack overall. Some of the textures up close are N64 quality. Granted, I think the game itself overall looks fantastic, but up close some textures are pretty bad.

Anyone have any thoughts on how they plan to implement the use of add-on's for the console versions? I doubt we can download any outside add-on's, so I am sure it would be something that Bethesda would have to provide and let us choose which add-on's to use. And since we have not heard a peep about the console versions, anyone else feeling a delay is coming?

Somnia

Note regarding patch 1.1 that's causing a bit of a shit storm. AOE's will no longer affect more than 6 players.

Personally I see good and bad with this. Small guilds could still compete against zergs due to AOE and now its going to be rough on them. However some abilities like batswarm were straight broken. I think they should have tweaked each AOE instead across the board changes.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Note regarding patch 1.1 that's causing a bit of a shit storm. AOE's will no longer affect more than 6 players.

Personally I see good and bad with this. Small guilds could still compete against zergs due to AOE and now its going to be rough on them. However some abilities like batswarm were straight broken. I think they should have tweaked each AOE instead across the board changes.
It makes sense to me, in that it will now force healers to think more about who to heal in PvP, and will only really come into affect in trials, but you'll have at least two healers anyway. I reckon it could be really interesting in making group fights more dynamic, and pushing people to actually think on their toes.

Also holy crap at that patch, Zenimax is on fire.

Edit: Enchanting fixes?! FUCK YES!

docbon

Motherfucker.

I bragged about this game having no AoE cap and now it's going to have one? :(

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I think you have a valid point on the players who loved auction-housing...but I also would be willing to guess you aren't in dedicated trading guilds. I lucked into two who were at member cap within the first week of release and there is always tons of stuff for sale, and my stuff always sales. I usually log out each night after listing and log back in each day with 8-10 sold items.

I think the crazier thing is how cheap all the gear is. Even the purples.

I am in five guilds, one is gaf and the other four are trading. The whole process is excruciating without a filter; i dled the add-on but it works half the time. You know what, give me a search filter and maybe - just maybe - it will resemble a true action house. I wonder what kinda decision is behind its absence

Alur

Damn, now that's a patch. I really hope the XP buff in Cyrodiil feels significant, would be a nice alternative for alt leveling.

I like how a lot of reddit is up in arms over the lack of balance changes. I have no clue why they would start nerfing things when such a huge minority are VR10. Not to mention so much stuff doesn't work right.

Yeah I am not sure we'll know how everything truly shakes out for another month or two. It's always like this in the beginning. I like reading the posts about Dark Talons, myself.

Is that a future patch, or is live now?

Future.

I am in five guilds, one is gaf and the other four are trading. The whole process is excruciating without a filter; i dled the add-on but it works half the time. You know what, give me a search filter and maybe - just maybe - it will resemble a true action house. I wonder what kinda decision is behind its absence

Amen here. A search function would be amazing. Hell, just being able to get into the store and search without it bugging and you needing to swap to listings every other time would be sweet.

Somnia

I'd like to see the build as well. Despite my proclaimed disappointment with NB compared to the other classes, I'm picking up my level 10 tonight and gonna level him up with a couple friends from SWTOR. I suppose the single target nature of the class won't be as bad with backup, though.

Action Bar 2 (Bow)
1) Poison Arrow to Venom Arrow
2) Snipe to Focused Aim
3) Assassin's Mark to Reaper's Mark
4) Shadow Cloak to Dark Cloak
5) Mist Form to Elusive Mist
6) Bat Swarm to Devouring Swarm

Action Bar 1 (dual wield)
1) Teleport Strike to Lotus Fan
2) Twin Slahes to Blood Craze
3) Vieldd Strike to Surpise Attack
4) Assassins Blade to Killers Blade
5) Shadow Cloak to Dark Cloak

That's the build I've been using on my NB for PVP.

Regarding the AOE nerf, ONE AOE is not affected.... Dark Talons on DK's AND it got buffed lol
Lmao. I love it, it just gets better and better.

Love the look of Coldharbour.

14015932485_dd7ddfdef3_o.jpg

Alur

Action Bar 2 (Bow)
2) Snipe to Focused Aim

Thanks! I appreciate it. Why was it you and your group wanted you to reroll DK, btw? Just how strong they are currently and you didn't have one, or something about the NB that wasn't up to snuff?

Regarding the AOE nerf, ONE AOE is not affected.... Dark Talons on DK's AND it got buffed lol

/more tears

Love the look of Coldharbour.

I really like it too and I'm glad it's not somewhere you stay in for a super long period of time. I feel like it's one of those "nice to be in, terrible to be stuck in" kind of zones. The depression would set in something fierce.

Somnia

Thanks! I appreciate it. Why was it you and your group wanted you to reroll DK, btw? Just how strong they are currently and you didn't have one, or something about the NB that wasn't up to snuff?

Lack of AOE in our 12 man pvp group so and I felt DK was best suited for what we needed. Plus we need a tank for Vet dungeons and a tank for our late night trial raids so in the end looking at everything I felt DK was best off.

BTW hit 42 tonight with 18 hours /played on my DK. Will pass my NB pretty fast at this rate, but once I hit VR1 it'll come to a halt as I need to go back to get skill shards, dungeons for skill shards, lore books, etc.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Are they retarded? Just put a cap on the skills where you can leech health and deal damage.

Exactly... I think they might of had a mini-stroke in the boardroom when they whipped up this idea, don't they know that's why a mass amount of peeps blitzed on GW2?

AoE Cap = Bad, Bad Move.

Rootbeer

Banned
wow i'm really excited for 1.1 now. They ain't messing around... they are working hard to address things. outstanding. Just hoping 1.1 isn't all that far off.

At this rate they are definitely earning more subscription months out me.

Somnia

Man, the art direction and level design of the 4man dungeons never ceases to amaze me. Can't wait to see how Craglorn looks.

Linking just in case no one wants the final dungeon area spoiled. Don't click if you want to see it for yourself!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7321/14019590205_6457c2acbd_o.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2922/14016403291_7227f6f0ce_o.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5594/14039602243_a8c7cfea08_o.jpg

Vaults is amazing with great loot.

Man, the art direction and level design of the 4man dungeons never ceases to amaze me. Can't wait to see how Craglorn looks.

Linking just in case no one wants the final dungeon area spoiled. Don't click if you want to see it for yourself!

I expected to either be wowed or disappointed, but I don't feel either way. I guess the lighting isn't bad, but it doesn't seem that impressive to me. Maybe it looks better in game?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

You using SweetFX Darth? or the Graphics Launcher? Lighting looks tight.

Action Bar 2 (Bow)
2) Snipe to Focused Aim

Why Dual Wield over Two Handed, out of curiosity? And why Twin Slashes?

It also seems like your action bars skew towards Class abilities. Do you spec towards Magicka?

Somnia

Why Dual Wield over Two Handed, out of curiosity? And why Twin Slashes?

It also seems like your action bars skew towards Class abilities. Do you spec towards Magicka?

Just a preference thing I guess regarding DW, regarding Twin Slashes morph, uses it for the heal tick, not much but it helps.

My guy is pretty heavily spec'd towards magicka ya, I am very much a glass cannon, but I burn enemies to the point it doesn't bother me, plus I can get away from almost any fight if I need to with mist.

Top Bottom