• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Having a blast with the game thus far. Playing an AD Nightblade as my main and a DC Dragonknight as my alt. I've heard that Sorcerer is the most fun class by far though, can anyone c/d?

Also, jesus christ how are people leveling so fast???? I've played for around 5 hours and I'm only level 7. Granted, I'm taking it slow, but the levelling in general felt pretty slow compared to say WoW, SW:TOR, or GW2 where your first 20 or so levels are lightning fast.

Lastly, NEED MOAR SKILL POINTS!!! Like I said I'm taking this game slow and playing like a super casual (I usually go hard with MMOs), going into the game with 0 beta time played and close to nothing read about the details behind the gameplay systems, crafting, leveling, etc... It's pretty refreshing but I'm tempted to look up Skyshard destinations and more details about crafting. Think I'll stick to my word though and just go back and get them all at max level.

docbon

Having a blast thus far, jesus christ how are people levelling so fast????

I've played for around 5 hours and I'm only level 7. Granted, I'm taking it slow, but the levelling in general felt pretty slow compared to say WoW, SW:TOR, or GW2 where your first 20 or so levels are lightning fast.

They're probably players from the private testing server who had this planned out for months. Everyone else I've seen streaming all day are hovering around 20~

It's ultimately not a big deal unless you're legit racing for world first.

For sky shards, make sure you check out all the public dungeons (marked with a torch on the map). A majority of them have skyshards inside around the dungeon boss.

I know that I enjoyed my time as sorcerer, but DK looks like it could be mega fun for PVP with all those flashy dragon wing leaps and shit. Their pull skill is dirty as fuck, too.

Hawk269

I have not had one broken quest or bug as of yet. Only issue was what appears to be a server crash, but that was it.

My god, some of these quests are pretty amazing. I am only Level 7 at the moment, taking my time exploring and picking up quests as I go, but I was involved in a quest that seemed to go on and on and it was a blast. Characters that I interacted with earlier in the game ended up re-appearing as the quest came to conclusion. Even early this game has some pretty fun quests and visually it is pretty damn impressive.

Overall, having a blast with the game and no where near the cluster fuck that was the Beta at all. I know some are having some quest issues, but for me, it has been pretty much smooth sailing.

When you create other characters, like in other MMO's you get the goodies that your main character received, such as pre-order bonuses and stuff like that. Does this game work in the same manner? I created a few alts and I can't seem to figure out how to obtain some of the goodies I received for pre-ordering.

Thanks!

Kem0sabe

Having a blast with the game thus far. Playing an AD Nightblade as my main and a DC Dragonknight as my alt. I've heard that Sorcerer is the most fun class by far though, can anyone c/d?

Also, jesus christ how are people leveling so fast???? I've played for around 5 hours and I'm only level 7. Granted, I'm taking it slow, but the levelling in general felt pretty slow compared to say WoW, SW:TOR, or GW2 where your first 20 or so levels are lightning fast.

Lastly, NEED MOAR SKILL POINTS!!! Like I said I'm taking this game slow and playing like a super casual (I usually go hard with MMOs), going into the game with 0 beta time played and close to nothing read about the details behind the gameplay systems, crafting, leveling, etc... It's pretty refreshing but I'm tempted to look up Skyshard destinations and more details about crafting. Think I'll stick to my word though and just go back and get them all at max level.

I played a sorcerer or a templar through all the beta weekends and i have to say the sorcerer was a lot of fun to play, i could be anything from a healer to a tank and a dps, a meat shield with HP or a glass cannon with damage.

The skill system is one of the things i most enjoy about the game, not as extensive as TSW's system but enough not to be daunting while at the same time allowing for liberty build wise.

docbon

This level 47 dude got owned by this lever puzzle. Spent a good 15 minutes trying to solve it, then just as he figured it out, his client crashed.

I have not had one broken quest or bug as of yet. Only issue was what appears to be a server crash, but that was it.

My god, some of these quests are pretty amazing. I am only Level 7 at the moment, taking my time exploring and picking up quests as I go, but I was involved in a quest that seemed to go on and on and it was a blast. Characters that I interacted with earlier in the game ended up re-appearing as the quest came to conclusion. Even early this game has some pretty fun quests and visually it is pretty damn impressive.

Overall, having a blast with the game and no where near the cluster fuck that was the Beta at all. I know some are having some quest issues, but for me, it has been pretty much smooth sailing.

When you create other characters, like in other MMO's you get the goodies that your main character received, such as pre-order bonuses and stuff like that. Does this game work in the same manner? I created a few alts and I can't seem to figure out how to obtain some of the goodies I received for pre-ordering.

Thanks!

I might be wrong, but I think the preorder stuff applies to your first character only.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there any pet class in the game? with permanent pets that is, not a "summon a skeleton for 10seconds" type thing

Kem0sabe

is there any pet class in the game? with permanent pets that is, not a "summon a skeleton for 10seconds" type thing

Sorcerer has a summon skill line that has "permanent" pets, but they are somewhat useless as it stands, you cant control them and their AI is non existent, so they end up being a small dot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorcerer has a summon skill line that has "permanent" pets, but they are somewhat useless as it stands, you cant control them and their AI is non existent, so they end up being a small dot.

oh well

docbon

Yeah, I double checked my account privileges on the TESO website after I read the post. It's just early access, not the game + free month.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't want to rain on your parade, but you'll likely need a full release code to play for much beyond the end of the early access period.

Will these be sent out on the actual launch day or something? I bought the game from GMG over a month ago and only received an early access code + a few beta codes.

Whooter

Will these be sent out on the actual launch day or something? I bought the game from GMG over a month ago and only received an early access code + a few beta codes.

That's what I would expect. Mind, I don't have the game and am just basing my answers off how it was with previous MMOs that do this sort of thing.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you'll likely need a full release code to play for much beyond the end of the early access period.

Nah, it's the full version. It lists TESO under my purchased games and also said I'll be getting the Explorer's Pack (including 5 days early access) for pre-ordering.

Edit: Under my billing history it says the product registered was 5 days early access, so now I'm not sure.

DOUBLE EDIT (omg): Some people in this thread said the early access code doubled as the retail code, co considering that and the fact that I'm getting the Explorer's Pack for 'preordering'...I think it's the full game. ^_^

docbon

You can get the game for about 32 euros at kinguin, i bought it there myself and its legit.

Oh, I already have the standard edition. Just saying that I think it's two seperate keys.

few questions pardon my ignorance

1. is there world pvp? i like to grief and gank.

2. pc controller support?

At the moment, all PVP takes place in the region of Cyrodiil. You can participate in the large scale keep battles, or gank people in the dungeons, and open field.

Controller support isn't implemented at the moment, though I'm hoping they add it before the console versions are released.

Kem0sabe

Oh, I already have the standard edition. Just saying that I think it's two seperate keys.

At the moment, all PVP takes place in the region of Cyrodiil. You can participate in the large scale keep battles, or gank people in the dungeons, and open field.

Controller support isn't implemented at the moment, though I'm hoping they add it before the console versions are released.

2 keys yes, i inputed my 3 day early access code, and when that time is up (with a 2 day grace period), i have to input my game key to continue to play with the "free" 30 days.

ViciousDS

Banned

I'm a big PvE guy and shy away from open world PvP.

But when you say dungeons and open field I'm guessing you mean just thos places inside Cyrodil? Also am I able to enjoy the game without ever going there.

Keys

Nah, it's the full version. It lists TESO under my purchased games and also said I'll be getting the Explorer's Pack (including 5 days early access) for pre-ordering.

Edit: Under my billing history it says the product registered was 5 days early access, so now I'm not sure.

DOUBLE EDIT (omg): Some people in this thread said the early access code doubled as the retail code, co considering that and the fact that I'm getting the Explorer's Pack for 'preordering'...I think it's the full game. ^_^

I got that code from preordering the imperial edition.
I don't think that is the full game but if it is good for you :)

docbon

I'm a big PvE guy and shy away from open world PvP.

But when you say dungeons and open field I'm guessing you mean just thos places inside Cyrodil? Also am I able to enjoy the game without ever going there.

Yeah, only places inside of Cyrodiil.

For the most part, you don't have to step inside of Cyrodiil unless you're looking for high-tier crafting materials. They're relatively easy to gather without attracting unwanted attention though, thanks to the stealth ability that all players have.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah, only places inside of Cyrodiil.

For the most part, you don't have to step inside of Cyrodiil unless you're looking for high-tier crafting materials. They're relatively easy to gather without attracting unwanted attention though, thanks to the stealth ability that all players have.

So how does stealth/crouching work in PvP exactly? You're invisible to enemies if they are below a certain "detection" threshold determined by X factors? Still confuses me.

docbon

So how does stealth/crouching work in PvP exactly? You're invisible to enemies if they are below a certain "detection" threshold determined by X factors? Still confuses me.

If you crouch outside of battle, you won't appear to enemies outside of a certain radius. But you move at a reduced rate, and consume stamina when you move. There are abilities and item set bonuses that will reduce enemy detection, as well as remove the movement penalty from stealth.

If you initiate combat from stealth with a light / heavy attack, your hit will do additional damage, but you won't be able to restealth for a certain amount of time. This is seperate from the invis abilities that nightblades have, however.

If you notice an enemy with a glowing orb surrounding their character, that means they have the magelight spell active, which will detect you from a further distance.

In general, stealth is great for initiating / flanking, or just avoiding encounters that you can't handle on your own.

Level 7 or 8 AD Khajiit Nightblade. Currently using bow, will probably make either dual wield or sword and board my alt set.

Having as much fun as I did in beta, even running through the starter island for what's my third time now. At least it was fast! Cleared out skyshards and, I think, quests.

I am experiencing a lot of speccing paralysis, though. As a very inexperienced mmo player, whose past experience was with TSW and FFXI, I'm finding it so difficult to figure out what to dump stat points into that I haven't. I can't figure out which of the 3 I need more of.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Little confused. I had beta access but never tried it now I have a code for the Imperial Edition to download but when I try to redeem it keeps saying I already own it.

Anyone else had this problem? Also does this run through Steam?

Vlodril

So a friend wanted to play this and we decided to get this now instead of waiting for it to go f2p (as logical people :p).

Now i see we have the 3 day early access. Does this means we can start from tomorrow and can't play today? If so anyone knows the time or if there's a way to get the 5 day's early access (although since i bought it allready i am guessing not :p).

-NeoTB1-

So a friend wanted to play this and we decided to get this now instead of waiting for it to go f2p (as logical people :p).

Now i see we have the 3 day early access. Does this means we can start from tomorrow and can't play today? If so anyone knows the time or if there's a way to get the 5 day's early access (although since i bought it allready i am guessing not :p).

The following locations, dates, and times for the three-day early access are:

North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT, Tuesday April 1st
UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Tuesday April 1st
Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Tuesday April 1st
Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT, Tuesday April 1st
Singapore: 7:00 PM SGT, Tuesday April 1st

Vlodril

The following locations, dates, and times for the three-day early access are:

North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT, Tuesday April 1st
UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Tuesday April 1st
Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Tuesday April 1st
Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT, Tuesday April 1st
Singapore: 7:00 PM SGT, Tuesday April 1st

I see thanks. Not too bad then. You would think they would post it in local time for each region but no..

-NeoTB1-

No problem. I don't know about your other question, though. I have the 3 day early access, so I'll just be waiting until tomorrow.

demonkaze

I was thinking about creating an EU GAF guild if nobody has already when I get home from work tonight? Any interest for that kind of thing?

Rafterman

Banned

Actually so far my pet has been plenty useful. You can't control them but they do attack whatever you attack and so far he has kept aggro pretty well, which allows me to sit back and blast from a distance.

Also, for anyone not quite happy for the in-game AA and a Nvidia card there is a better solution. Disable it and then activate Nvidia's through Inspector and it's much better looking with noticeably less jaggies.

Matchew

Man this game has no hype at all on GAF. Are there any impressions from any websites yet? Not seeing much out there.

syoaran

I was thinking about creating an EU GAF guild if nobody has already when I get home from work tonight? Any interest for that kind of thing?

Sounds good, got a good 3-5 GAF'ers who are playing in a small group at the moment and would be happy to join

I pressed 'randomize' and this happened:

BkDGwklCIAANNCc.png:large

I laughed for a good minute or so at random Punk Freddie Mercury appearing out of nowhere.

mkenyon

Banned
Having a blast so far. The PvP is great with an organized group.

Playing a Nord Templar. Went 2H initially, but I'm thinking of going dual wield for leveling purposes.

Top Bottom