• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

Sblargh

Banned
I like this game so much right now. I wished everyone liked it, too. Why everyone does not have superb taste in gaming like me?

Windam

Scaley member
Is there a GAF guild for this game? Recently picked it up and it's been good, but a pretty lonely solo experience so far. My character name is Beleg the Strongbow on the NA server.

Ferny

Is there a GAF guild for this game? Recently picked it up and it's been good, but a pretty lonely solo experience so far. My character name is Beleg the Strongbow on the NA server.

There is but there is ever only like 3 or 4 people online and no conversation happening.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You probably missed the NPC who continues the story. Some (sadly many) of the quests are quest chains, and they don't always always auto-activate the next quest. So you have to go and find the next person in the quest chain manually.

Yep, this happened. I had done a lap around all 3 of the places that I had not yet finished in the quest line and never found any quest NPCs, then the third time I did it I mysteriously found a guy with a quest. I guess I'm just blind or stupid.

Sblargh

Banned
I finally mustered some courage and went PvP and damn, so fun. I mean, it's zerging, but I love Planetside 2, so I'm all about that zerging.

Because the art of zerging is not to rush mindless into the enemy keep, but to position yourself in a way that you are protected by your alliance while circling around looking for some stray target or undefended wall. And then after some back and forth, some hit and run, you hopefully turned the tide enough to then, yes, just rush mindlessly.

I like it a lot.

Edit: btw, I left the gaf guild since is dead (sorry lovers, I need them 30 listing spaces). If anyone wants, add me as a friend (@sblargh) and I'll try to hook you up on a guild I'm in. (NA Server)

Ferny

I finally mustered some courage and went PvP and damn, so fun. I mean, it's zerging, but I love Planetside 2, so I'm all about that zerging.

Because the art of zerging is not to rush mindless into the enemy keep, but to position yourself in a way that you are protected by your alliance while circling around looking for some stray target or undefended wall. And then after some back and forth, some hit and run, you hopefully turned the tide enough to then, yes, just rush mindlessly.

I like it a lot.

Edit: btw, I left the gaf guild since is dead (sorry lovers, I need them 30 listing spaces). If anyone wants, add me as a friend (@sblargh) and I'll try to hook you up on a guild I'm in. (NA Server)

Hook me up man. Hook.IT.UP

Somnia

I like it a lot.

BTW if you want some real fun in PVP avoid the zerg =)

I mean don't get me wrong even I love the zerg from time to time, but the most fun I have had is taking 4-5 friends and just roaming to where battles are and cutting off enemy lines. Or go Solo to where battles are and scout the outskirts or in between the enemies keeps for people coming as reinforcements and gank them. I've had some great 1v1 1v2 and 1v3 fights that way.

edit: Speaking of PVP did everyone see the leaked PVP armor images that were data mined on reddit? The battle is not in Cyrodiil so a lot of rumors they are finally adding Arena PVP also.

Sblargh

Banned
BTW if you want some real fun in PVP avoid the zerg =)

I mean don't get me wrong even I love the zerg from time to time, but the most fun I have had is taking 4-5 friends and just roaming to where battles are and cutting off enemy lines. Or go Solo to where battles are and scout the outskirts or in between the enemies keeps for people coming as reinforcements and gank them. I've had some great 1v1 1v2 and 1v3 fights that way.

edit: Speaking of PVP did everyone see the leaked PVP armor images that were data mined on reddit? The battle is not in Cyrodiil so a lot of rumors they are finally adding Arena PVP also.

Yeah, at some point, me and the people trying to reinforce the main group kept being ambushed and I thought "oh, being on the other side of this should be fun" lol. They also seemed to know what was doing as there was one guy clearly getting everyone's attention with a bunch of others on stealth waiting for us noobs to give them the free kills.

PepperedHam

WOOO was finally able to purchase the console transfer. A week before the deadline and I was getting worried (just got back into work, had to wait for funds to come in).

For those of you who bought the console transfer, they haven't sent out any codes yet right? That's happening some time prior to launch?

Gnub

I started playing a few weeks ago. Searched around GAF to see if a guild was poppin' and it's already dead.

The Guild Wars 2 guild was up and running longer than this. Retro must still be playing BB.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I started playing a few weeks ago. Searched around GAF to see if a guild was poppin' and it's already dead.

The Guild Wars 2 guild was up and running longer than this. Retro must still be playing BB.
Maybe a guild will come in June with the console release.

For some reason I really want to play on console while the game did nothing for me on PC. Communication will be a bitch.

Is there cross platform play?

nataku

Maybe a guild will come in June with the console release.

For some reason I really want to play on console while the game did nothing for me on PC. Communication will be a bitch.

Is there cross platform play?

Nope. Each platform is separate.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
+1 for PS4 here, EU mainly. However considering this is cross region where you can pick either US or EU, latency permitting I'd be game for US as well.

gossi

I do believe OT threads aren't allowed until launch day now. So about a month to go for console thread. If anybody wants to take over, of course, feel free!

nataku

Man, trying to find a group for Spindleclutch is murder. I completely forgot about the dungeon and I'm level 17, but can't find a group for it at all. I don't want to just move on because I've never done dungeons in this game, but no one in chat is LFG for it and the group finder isn't working for me at all.

Maybe I'll just put this game aside until the weekend. Seems like weekdays during my play time are pretty dead.

Arksy

This is the first MMO I actually get lost in. I'm only level 7 but I've already spent half a dozen hours exploring Khenarthi's roost finding treasure maps, skyshards and caves and quests seemingly off the beaten track.

I'm hoping it stays this good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Man, trying to find a group for Spindleclutch is murder. I completely forgot about the dungeon and I'm level 17, but can't find a group for it at all. I don't want to just move on because I've never done dungeons in this game, but no one in chat is LFG for it and the group finder isn't working for me at all.

Maybe I'll just put this game aside until the weekend. Seems like weekdays during my play time are pretty dead.

If you use the party finder and just set it to "all dungeons" it will match you with a party that is all your level and then from there you can just convince your party to go with you. Since the dungeons scale to your level most people are ok with doing older dungeons.

Don't let keeping up with dungeons prevent you from advancing in the game.

Somnia

I almost forgot, I need to get back in to the PC version and equip up my VR5 DK and re-do his build so it's ready to go at console launch.

I am so excited to see the community grow when this game hits consoles. I liked it on PC but playing with my group of console friends on chat is going to be really fun.

LiQuid!

After playing my first alt for about two weeks I finally decided it was worth the 10k gold investment to buy him his own horse. I went to the stable... and found out that you only needed to buy it once and that it was usable by all your characters.

:(

hepburn3d

A few patch notes:

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.8 is an incremental patch that includes a number of fixes and improvements for gameplay, enchanting, Dark Anchors, quests, UI, Ultimate gain, and more. The size for this patch is approximately 425MB for English and German clients, and 2.7GB for French clients.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
Art & Animation
Animation
Fixed an issue with Senche mounts that would cause you to dismount from where their head is.
Combat & Gameplay
General
Using light attacks in rapid succession with a bow will no longer queue up additional attacks after you’ve stopped hitting the attack button.
Fixed an issue that prevented the activation of abilities after dismounting while sprinting then mounting again.
Fixed an issue where it was possible to stop gaining Ultimate.
Dragonknight
Ardent Flame Fiery Breath: Fixed an issue where the fire graphic effect wasn’t applying to enemies for Ranks II-IV of this ability.
Nightblade
Siphoning Catalyst: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was erroneously removed when the Nightblade died.
Sorcerer
Dark Magic Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): It is no longer possible for this ability’s damage bonus to proc multiple times in a row and stack.
Templar
Aedric Spear Focused Charge: It is no longer possible to become stuck in the charge pose after triggering this ability.
World
Werewolf Rousing Roar (Roar morph): Fixed an issue that was preventing Rousing Roar from hitting the correct number of allies. It will now always hit six friendly targets.
Champion System
The Lord Revival: This passive now only triggers if you are resurrected by another player.
Crafting & Economy
Enchanting Fixed an issue that was resulting in several jewelry enchantments scaling based on the jewelry piece’s quality level instead of the glyph quality and level. These enchantments now work off the quality of the glyph, as intended. This fix is retroactive. Affected enchantments include, but are not limited to:
Bashing
Potion Boost
Potion Speed
Reduce Feat Cost
Reduce Spell Cost
Shielding
Dungeons & Group Content
Dark Anchors Dark Anchors (Dolmens) now award experience the first time they are completed.
Exploration & Itemization
General All item sets now scale off your character’s highest stats, just like Ultimate abilities.
Justice
General The Rift: Fixed an issue where the Skald NPCs were respawning more quickly than intended.
Quests & Zones
Betnikh Tormented Souls: It is no longer possible for grouped players to block one another if they attempt to follow a group member while Neramo is opening the door to Moriseli during this quest.
Glenumbra The Nameless Soldier: Faolchu has ceased being coy and is now always on ground level. He can be attacked at any point, but beware his Alessian soldiers!
UI
General
Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash when attempting to change the name of a guild rank to something that contained many special characters.
Fixed an issue that would sometimes make white tiles appear on the Cyrodiil map.
Fixed an issue that could result in non-Veteran ranked players becoming stuck in Veteran-ranked mode if they joined a Veteran group and the group was disbanded.
Fixed an issue where the quest list in the map UI wasn't properly updating when changing location or toggling your focused quest.
The game will no longer crash when an invalid item string, achievement, or collectible are linked in chat.

I wish I had pre-ordered the PS4 Imperial Edition sooner. BestBuy would have been nice with GCU. The only place that still has any is Gamestop Online only.

kidko

Hello, I just got an imperial edition code and want to check out the PVP ASAP once I get in. Any tips? I'm guessing there's a min level requirement.

LiQuid!

Level 10 is required for PVP.

Does anybody know why the Templar Aedric Spear skill Binding Javelin is the only skill among all 3 Templar skill lines (and among all class-specific skill lines from what I can tell) that uses stamina instead of magicka? The only info I can find on the internet (wikis and such) claim that the ability uses magicka, but that's just not true. Also I swear it was a magicka ability before I morphed it. Now it's kind of useless to me.

hepburn3d

Level 10 is required for PVP.

Does anybody know why the Templar Aedric Spear skill Binding Javelin is the only skill among all 3 Templar skill lines (and among all class-specific skill lines from what I can tell) that uses stamina instead of magicka? The only info I can find on the internet (wikis and such) claim that the ability uses magicka, but that's just not true. Also I swear it was a magicka ability before I morphed it. Now it's kind of useless to me.

If i'm understanding you right it's because in 1.6 they buffed stamina builds, allowing a lot of abilites to be used by stamina focused players. Now when you morph a lot of abilities they become stamina or magicka based abilities. It could be that the morph you chose uses stamina now. Has made for some interesting choices on builds now.

gossi

Hello, I just got an imperial edition code and want to check out the PVP ASAP once I get in. Any tips? I'm guessing there's a min level requirement.

PVP opens at level 10. It will take you about 2-3 hours to get there. You level quite slowly inside PVP. You are best getting to level 15 really, so you unlock both skill sets and weapons.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Totally new on the ES and a few of us might be looking at this for the PS4. But is the game all PVP, some solo, some co-op? Everything I've read says PVP but I've seen some in game footage where it looked like two players doing mission taking down AI's. And on PVP, it's various types like a objective, defend, free-for-all or what? Thanks.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Totally new on the ES and a few of us might be looking at this for the PS4. But is the game all PVP, some solo, some co-op? Everything I've read says PVP but I've seen some in game footage where it looked like two players doing mission taking down AI's. And on PVP, it's various types like a objective, defend, free-for-all or what? Thanks.

It's not all PVP, PVP is a separate mode iirc

Somnia

I mainly meant for crafting etc things like that

Well honestly the best way to go about it as a new player is to just start learning stuff as you level up. You can always respect and respect your stats in the vet. levels.

Crafting wise I recommend provisioning for sure. It's a useful one for most people, then kind of decide what you want. Blacksmithing for heavy/sword. Woodworking for bows/shields. Clothing for light armor/medium armor. There's more to it than that, but you get the gist.

Here's a great site with guides

http://deltiasgaming.com/

hepburn3d

I mainly meant for crafting etc things like that

Level everything but only put skill points in 2 to 3 craft trees. Why? You'll need those skill points for armour, morphs, world skills. I agree with gossi, just jump in, but I did have to spend gold re-speccing a few times due to get destroyed in PvE and not having my skill points better utilized. Saying that the cost to re-spec has dropped a lot. Once you reach end game and you're finding lots of extra skill points, then you can level all the crafts. I've found every shard and every skill point (except PvP level skill points) and have maxed all crafts. I've maxed 1 armour, all the skills I need and swap around and any passives I make use of. I have about 20 left over but I'm saving them for any extra skill trees that may come in.

Research straight away, try to always have something researching, by the 8th / 9th traits you're into 1 month research times.

Loads of PvE ... looooooads. You can co-op the whole game but if you're friends start completing quests or out leveling you it can get awkward. Try making a "co-op only" character that you all only play together if you want the true co-op experience. Then have others for your doing your own stuff. Join the same faction if you want to play together, if you make different faction characters you can meet in Cyrodil for PvP shenanigans, I think you could use guild voice chat to co-ordinate to.

PvE is awesome fun. PvP is also incredibly fun. Playing in large groups is great. Solo playing by yourself is awesome. I love this game so maybe I've got a slanted opinion :)

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Thank you Hepburn for the info. Since we've been playing Bloodborne we've attained a liking to the hack & slash combat and lore that surrounds it. A far cry from the Sci Fi Destiny or Borderlands gun-shoot-em-ups. We know there is far more in the game, it was just what variations of play is there. It looks like a game meant for co-op and PvP. Thanks again...

So new console players, what race and class are you thinking of going with. I'm pretty set on a Khajit Templar.

Current players what do you suggest for a new MMORPG player?

gossi

So new console players, what race and class are you thinking of going with. I'm pretty set on a Khajit Templar.

To be honest, race has little to know impact. The bonuses are marginal. In terms of classes, Nightblade is good if you want to sneak past NPCs. Templar is good as the spear skill is over powered, you can spam that at enemies.

PepperedHam

Thinking Argonian Templar. I've played Templar a bit on PC and I love that javelin/spear throwing move so that's my deciding factor there. And I'm picking Argonian because I've never given them love in any Elder Scrolls game and they deserve better than that.

gioGAF

I will definitely be getting this on PS4. I'm a fairly OCD type of player, so I will most likely be all over this game for quite a while. Feel free to add me next month, PSN: Akuma_818

Hooow much is ESO plus in £? I tried to find out on the website but it's surprisingly hard to get that info ,you'd think they'd be shoving it down your throat. Think I'll be getting the game on X1 at launch, mulling eso plus over right now. Trying to figure out what that 1500 crowns would get me each month/how much the sub is and so on.

hepburn3d

Hooow much is ESO plus in £? I tried to find out on the website but it's surprisingly hard to get that info ,you'd think they'd be shoving it down your throat. Think I'll be getting the game on X1 at launch, mulling eso plus over right now. Trying to figure out what that 1500 crowns would get me each month/how much the sub is and so on.

eCDznl1l.jpg

im back from holiday :)

You've been gone so long :) hope it was a good holiday.

LiQuid!

ZOS ever mention a plan to make crown cards or pre-paid subscription time available places like Amazon?

Top Bottom