• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

gossi

QMZq2K4.jpg

k1t4j

So new console players, what race and class are you thinking of going with. I'm pretty set on a Khajit Templar.

Current players what do you suggest for a new MMORPG player?

I will be on the PS4, US latency permitting and a Red Guard NightBlade :)

Somnia

Limited Edition Blank Panther mount coming to the crown store soon, if it's like the last one it'll be 2500 crowns and only be up for a weekend.

I'm really tempted to get it because it'll be great on my new sorc for console launch lol

Has anyone heard anything about the XB1 digital pre-order?

Pre-loads are usually up fast on Xbox, but with ESO, we're just 3 weeks away, and there's been no word. If we can't buy until day one, hopefully they give us access to pre-order benefits.

Somnia

Has anyone heard anything about the XB1 digital pre-order?

Pre-loads are usually up fast on Xbox, but with ESO, we're just 3 weeks away, and there's been no word. If we can't buy until day one, hopefully they give us access to pre-order benefits.

It was stated it would be up near the end of May, typically MS doesn't put the ability to pre-buy up till the pre-load is also available to them.

Ferny

Limited Edition Blank Panther mount coming to the crown store soon, if it's like the last one it'll be 2500 crowns and only be up for a weekend.

I'm really tempted to get it because it'll be great on my new sorc for console launch lol
I wantz me a panther!

gossi

I'm curious how I'm going to juggle ESO and Witcher 3 this summer. I hope I don't get RPG'd out.

The good news is they're very different games from each other (I own both).

Xbox One digital pre-orders happen when the game has gone gold (the game discs are written and MS have certified it). The one exception I can think of is Call of Duty, however that's Call of Duty (THE franchise) - it is going to get certified and released!

It goes up tomorrow till 10AM on the 26th!

Screw it YOLO, I'm buying it. A bunch of other items are going 50% off and then leaving the crown store for the time being also.
Yeah, I think I'm going to grab as much as I can that I like from the store before my characters and stuff gets copied to the consoles.

That black panther mount looks amazing, too:
a0baa6d5d0e09d0b1e86d6fdeed1792a.jpg

Only avilable from 21st to 26th.

Edit: Sale details:
Several items will also be 50% off in the Crown Store from May 21st at 10AM EDT through May 26th at 10AM EDT. After the sale ends, these items will be removed from the Crown Store for the time being. The qualifying items are listed below.

Costumes
Blacksmith
Chef

Motifs
All nine common Racial Motifs (not the packs)
Argonian
Breton
Dark Elf
High Elf
Khajiit
Nord
Orc
Redguard
Wood Elf

Mounts
Dapple Gray Palfrey
Gray Yokudan Charger

Pets
Bantam Guar
Striated Pony Guar

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Started playing this a week ago. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Rolled a nightblade and having so much fun with the justice system. I quest throughout the day and at night I break into homes and steal as much loot as I can.

Between questing, fencing loot and selling off items in the guild store, I haven't had much problem with gold. All of it has gone into upgrading bag and bank space though.
Leveling up provisioning and alchemy at the same time, I feel like there's never enough space.

Overall the game has far exceeded my expectations. The only thing I'd like to see change is how the guild stores are handled. Having to switch between all the guilds you're in to sell and buy stuff is a pain in the ass. I would of preferred an auction house system similar to what's in WoW.

Is it weird that ZOS is removing items from the Crown Store mere days in advance of the console launch?

It was stated it would be up near the end of May, typically MS doesn't put the ability to pre-buy up till the pre-load is also available to them.

Thanks. As long as it's a day prior or so I'll be happy, but I'm so used to pre-loads being available well in advance this gen.

Somnia

Is it weird that ZOS is removing items from the Crown Store mere days in advance of the console launch?

Thanks. As long as it's a day prior or so I'll be happy, but I'm so used to pre-loads being available well in advance this gen.

Not weird at all, they will be bringing them back but probably in bundles. The reason they are 50% off and removing for "limited time" gets people on PC to jump on it cause they "have to get it now before its gone!".

They are adding new items on a regular basis and will probably do this regularly too. Makes people pick things up incase they go away. Smart on their part.

It'll probably go up next week for pre-purchase/pre-load. We'll be able to preload earlier on XB1 than PS4 since Sony usually only does it the Sunday before.

I keep going back and forth on my standard pre-order at Besybuy with GCU and $10 reward cert for pre-ordering making the game basically $40 or going all out for the imperial edition online at gamestop for $99 but it will take a few days to get to me after the 9th.

hepburn3d

It could actually be such a breathe of fresh air without mods. I miss that excitement of finding a skyshard. Felt cheap finding it with the add on :( took away some of that sense of adventure. Sure you may miss a few but then skill points will seem even more valuable.

Finding a group where people aren't hassling you for your DD from an add on. That'll also be really nice.

I am a little jealous. Vanilla Eso is a great game. I love hate my add ons

It could actually be such a breathe of fresh air without mods. I miss that excitement of finding a skyshard. Felt cheap finding it with the add on :( took away some of that sense of adventure. Sure you may miss a few but then skill points will seem even more valuable.

Finding a group where people aren't hassling you for your DD from an add on. That'll also be really nice.

I am a little jealous. Vanilla Eso is a great game. I love hate my add ons

this is kind of how I feel, I want to take my time, explore with my friends and just take it in. Most of the time in an MMO I am racing to end game or trying to maximize my time spent in game being super productive.

I feel like with this game me and my friends can just take it slow.

Somnia

CONSOLE TRANSFER DATE SET FOR JUNE 1ST, 2015 AT 10AM EST

***"Double Dip" your crowns before the transfer date!***

Because "Any items purchased with crowns will transfer to the console version", you should maximize you crown purchases by buying everything you can before June 1, 2015. That way you will have those purchases on both systems. It's like getting 50% off - sort of.

***Note the above is from the reddit post, not from Zenimax, the below is from Zenimax***

Greetings Dominoid,

Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy.

Your account will be copied from PC/Mac to console on June 1, 2015, at 10AM EDT. Shortly after your account is copied from PC/Mac to the console of your choice, you will receive your digital game code for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

In preparation for this transfer, please take note of the following:

•This is an account copy. Once the copy is complete, your PC characters as well as your console characters will not share any items or progression. They will exist independently of one another.

•All entitlements will carry over, including Imperial Edition and Explorer's Pack benefits.

•ESO Plus membership status will not carry over. You will need to re-enroll in ESO Plus on your console.

•Crowns will not transfer from PC/Mac to console. Any crowns left in your Crown Balance will remain on your PC character. Any items purchased with crowns will transfer to the console version.

•Besides crowns, the following will also not transfer: Mail, Guilds, Guild Banks, Friends List, Ignore List, Leaderboards, and Campaign Status.

•Upon completion of the account copy, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Customer Support team will be unable to restore any characters or items that may have been deleted from the PC/Mac account prior to the transfer.

If you have any questions about The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy, please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team

Also a reminder about the CROWN STORE SALE and the fact that "sale items will be removed from the Crown Store for the time being" after 5/26/2015.

I was just at my local best buy and on a whim I asked them to check the sku for the PS4 version of the imperial edition and he said they could so I put some money down. What are the chances I actually get it?

I have a quick question. If me and my friend all choose different alliances we will be fighting each other in PVP? also can we still group together?

Somnia

I have a quick question. If me and my friend all choose different alliances we will be fighting each other in PVP? also can we still group together?

You will be fighting each other and you can't group together. You can be in the same guild and talk to each other, but that's about it.

gioGAF

The simple fact is that you won't be able to play together at all with friends from different factions until you're at max level and can faction swap.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, I was thinking exploration would be better without mods. Do quest areas show up in the map?

Is the imperial edition worth it?

Yeah, I was thinking exploration would be better without mods. Do quest areas show up in the map?

Is the imperial edition worth it?

if you can snag a best buy imperial edition its only $80 bucks. The artbook alone is worth that imho.

thats for physical of course.

gossi

Okay, I was super wrong - the digital pre-order of ESO is up on Xbox One now! 56gb download, however there's another patch to come.

Here's two new promo images from the store:

wSFjGnx.jpg

E6XkgaS.jpg

The simple fact is that you won't be able to play together at all with friends from different factions until you're at max level and can faction swap.

Even then you can't play together - although you go to other faction /zones, you only see your own faction players.

I was hoping XBL would have the same 10% discount PSN did on the Imperial Edition.

Got it anyway because I want to go with an Imperial dragon knight and not be race-bound to a particular alliance (for future characters).

Lyng

Just bought this for me and my wife to have a MMO where we could run around and explore and quest and not have to worry about a sub and pvp etc.
And boy am I glad we did. I played ESO during the beta and HATED it with a passion.
The changes Zenimax have made to this game are astounding and I am blown away by how much I love it now. Every quest so far seems interesting and all the little books and tidbits you can find. This is the game I hoped GW2 would be.

Dimorphic

I am getting more and more excited to play this. I think playing The Witcher 3 has really gotten me back into the mood for open world medieval games.

I've never really committed to an MMO so it'll be interesting to see how long I stick with this. Having it on a console will help me as I do predominantly play console games.

gossi

Just bought this for me and my wife to have a MMO where we could run around and explore and quest and not have to worry about a sub and pvp etc.
And boy am I glad we did. I played ESO during the beta and HATED it with a passion.
The changes Zenimax have made to this game are astounding and I am blown away by how much I love it now. Every quest so far seems interesting and all the little books and tidbits you can find. This is the game I hoped GW2 would be.

Out of interest, what changes do you think made a difference? (As to be honest, not much has changed in the base game).

Lyng

Out of interest, what changes do you think made a difference? (As to be honest, not much has changed in the base game).

The beta felt like a husk. The quests felt generic. The combat felt off, like there was no weight to it. Also there was hardly any VA Iirc.
It definitely didn't look this great either. Also the fact that you can steal and murder.
It just feels like a living breathing world now.
Like I said I hated the beta, while I love this.

Willectro

Banned
Is the PC version still worth trying out again? I played the beta and like 1 week after release then went back to WoW. I'm primarily interested in PvP and have zero interest in end game group PvE (dungeons, raids, etc).

Somnia

The actual beta did have way more problems than launch so it depends how early on in the beta he played. I played in the friends/family alpha/beta and it's crazy how much changed from that to launch and then launch to now. Like you said the base game is pretty similar, but the whole makes a difference for sure.

Lyng

The actual beta did have way more problems than launch so it depends how early on in the beta he played. I played in the friends/family alpha/beta and it's crazy how much changed from that to launch and then launch to now. Like you said the base game is pretty similar, but the whole makes a difference for sure.

I got in really early. I think it was the first wave of beta invites. Never touched the game after that until now.

gossi

The beta felt like a husk. The quests felt generic. The combat felt off, like there was no weight to it. Also there was hardly any VA Iirc.
It definitely didn't look this great either. Also the fact that you can steal and murder.
It just feels like a living breathing world now.
Like I said I hated the beta, while I love this.

Interesting! The quests, outside of the opening tutorial, have not changed at all. It's possible you picked another faction (each faction has different quests - some factions are better than others). Visually, almost nothing has changed - only some lighting changes indoors from windows (in certain locations only).

Willectro

Banned
If I have nothing invested in the game (on PC) other than owning it, should I wait for the console version or stick with PC? I'm thinking PC will be the better version overall because of controls, mods, and ease of communication.

If I have nothing invested in the game (on PC) other than owning it, should I wait for the console version or stick with PC? I'm thinking PC will be the better version overall because of controls, mods, and ease of communication.

I would think so. The console version is going to be fun because of friends I will be playing with but If I could I would go PC.

Top Bottom